• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Mik2121

Projectjustice said:
Whats the best way to bring in a Wanted Man without killing them? I tried hand to hand combat but they just shoot me to death.:lol
I still don't have the game, but I heard you can shoot people on their legs and have them crawl around.. couldn't you shoot someone on their legs and then just lasso him?

Btw, friggin Play-Asia still doesn't have the game in stock..
I hope they get it today and start sending them :( (it's still 8AM in HK so I guess they'll start working in about an hour.. hopefully they update their site by then).

Yopis

Just finished playing a six hour run today and wow. So much atmosphere in this game it is really something.I would suggest turning up the saturation for everybody it really makes it pop on 360. Great game beyond my expectations by far.

ntb825

Does anyone have any dueling tips?

I disposed of the first 3 or 4 guys with ease, but this one guy has beaten me 4 times now. I'm doing the exact same thing I was doing before, but he kills me even though I fill up my meter before him? How does that make sense?

Seanspeed

Banned
Mik2121 said:
I still don't have the game, but I heard you can shoot people on their legs and have them crawl around.. couldn't you shoot someone on their legs and then just lasso him?
Before you have the lasso, this is the only way as far as I know, but lasso works best if you have it.

Oh yea - 3 hours in. GOTY. :D

Dartastic

Mik2121 said:
I still don't have the game, but I heard you can shoot people on their legs and have them crawl around.. couldn't you shoot someone on their legs and then just lasso him?.

That's a good question. I shot a dude in the legs multiple times, and the bastard was still shooting at me. So I shot him in the legs. Again. He died. :lol

WAH WAH WAHHHHHHH

Also, where is the lasso?

Dartastic said:
Hah! Yeah, this game is buggy as fuck.

That's kind of an exaggeration ... I'm a couple hours in and haven't noticed any gamebreaking glitch or even really a bug. A couple wonky animations here and there ... but 'buggy as fuck'? No.

bounchfx

I could swear the game tried telling me about quicktravel a while ago, but the fucking HUD words are so small and go so quick I missed what it said so - how the hell do i quick travel between towns?

also, yeah. I was supposed to 'stop a fight' between guys. so I punched them aside, got both on their knees.. and.. nothing happened. they tried to kill me so i killed them.. FISSION MAILED

what the hell, R*? game design much? what am I missing there?

soldat7

Yopis said:
I would suggest turning up the saturation for everybody it really makes it pop on 360.

I played with this setting a bit and always came back to the default saturation level. It feels like the right balance between color and that dusty/dirty, more muted look. Either way, RDR looks incredible.

bounchfx said:
also, yeah. I was supposed to 'stop a fight' between guys. so I punched them aside, got both on their knees.. and.. nothing happened. they tried to kill me so i killed them.. FISSION MAILED

what the hell, R*? game design much? what am I missing there?

You just have to fire off a couple of rounds into the air. If you shoot just slightly to the side of them, you're likely to take one of them out like I did. lol

bounchfx

flyinpiranha said:
That's kind of an exaggeration ... I'm a couple hours in and haven't noticed any gamebreaking glitch or even really a bug. A couple wonky animations here and there ... but 'buggy as fuck'? No.

I'm 90 minutes in and have seen some serious shit. nothing game breaking, but a lot of 'ew really?'

plus the multiplayer doesn't work worth shit for me. I'm gonna try again later tonight but right now son I am disappoint.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Fucking wow@ this games soundtrack. I was on a bounty, slid into cover behind a rock, headshot a guy andit was accompanied by the guitar riff and the full track kicked in for the gunfight. So good.

Nelo Ice

Banned
so im guessing the servers are down atm for social club and redeeming preorder dlc

it keeps saying something about the server when i try to redeem my deadly assassin outfit and an error for logging into social club(even though on the site it says ive already linked red dead)

also like others i tried downloading the soundtrack and it says ive already downloaded it

bounchfx said:
I'm 90 minutes in and have seen some serious shit. nothing game breaking, but a lot of 'ew really?'

plus the multiplayer doesn't work worth shit for me. I'm gonna try again later tonight but right now son I am disappoint.

Sorry to hear that. Been amazing for me. But I guess I'm just one of those very lucky few; I never really experience these 'game breakers' people always talk about on message boards and neither do any of my friends.

Something is seriously wrong. Did anybody else install the game and try multiplayer? My character is invisible, the other players are invisible, some animals are invisible, my weapons are invisible and it's glitchy with a bunch of pop in.

Dartastic

flyinpiranha said:

No, it's not an exaggeration at all. I've seen wonky animations, the invisible people online, I haven't been able to meet up with friends online, and I've had the game crash on me twice, all within roughly 2, 2.5 hours of play. WTF.

SuperSonic1305 said:
Something is seriously wrong. Did anybody else install the game and try multiplayer? My character is invisible, the other players are invisible, some animals are invisible, my weapons are invisible and it's glitchy with a bunch of pop in.

I'm not sure it has to do with installation. I didn't install it and it was on my side too. Maybe it depends on if someone else has the game installed?

ElyrionX

Mik2121 said:

I hope they get it today and start sending them :( (it's still 8AM in HK so I guess they'll start working in about an hour.. hopefully they update their site by then).

Dude Asian release for RDR is officially 21 May so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Seanspeed

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Sorry to hear that. Been amazing for me. But I guess I'm just one of those very lucky few; I never really experience these 'game breakers' people always talk about on message boards and neither do any of my friends.

*thumbs up*

Dead

well not really...yet
Tokubetsu said:
Spending all my money hopelessly trying to win at horseshoes.
Launch the horseshoe when you hit the first black line from the top. You will win every single time as long as you time your throws to hit that black line.

Mik2121

ElyrionX said:
Dude Asian release for RDR is officially 21 May so I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
Ya... except because I preordered the US version, which got released yesterday. And it wouldn't be the first time Play-Asia delivers the US version of a game the same day it gets released.

BigAT

Is anyone else's box kind of screwed up? Mine (360) doesn't close properly at the top and bottom even when the manual/map are removed.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
The extra little touches in this game are what really let you know you are playing something by Rockstar. Like the footprints/hoofprints you leave in the sand as you walk or ride.

- I was out roaming and some dude comes running by asking for a lift back to town, and then goes "Actually, I have a better idea..." and then takes my horse! He didn't go far after I shot him in the head.

- Another time two bandits tried to rob me/kill me, and after the gunfight one of them was being drug away by his own frightened horse, one foot caught in his stirrup.

Just crazy level of detail, both graphically and sound-wise. The sound in this game is just off the charts fantastic.

FrankT

Nelo Ice said:
so im guessing the servers are down atm for social club and redeeming preorder dlc

it keeps saying something about the server when i try to redeem my deadly assassin outfit and an error for logging into social club(even though on the site it says ive already linked red dead)

also like others i tried downloading the soundtrack and it says ive already downloaded it

Ok, glad I'm not the only one.

Oh yea and Deadly Assassin ftw.

Hi-tekk

Neo Member
has anyone tried the getting the "Guns Blazing" Cheat through the Rockstar social room challenge yet? If so, how is it?

mujun

Mik2121 said:

They don't unfortunately update until midday or so in my experience :(

I'm really enjoying this game.

I've done a fair amount of the story missions and it's hilarious how easy it is to get distracted by the random encounters. I came across a guy
in the middle of nowhere who said he was stranded and needed a ride. I'm close to Armadillo, so I decide to be nice and give him a ride back. He makes as if he's going to get on, but then throws me off my horse and takes off on it. I get super pissed and shoot him in the back as he rides away.
Stuff like that really makes the world feel alive.

I love that the game is written in a more realistic way than the GTA games. I actual care about the main characters and am trying to keep my Marston from doing any terrible things since he's trying to change. It seems similar to Nico from GTA IV, but this time it's done well.

Tokubetsu said:
Spending all my money hopelessly trying to win at horseshoes.
I lost my first and only game 11-9. It took about 30 minutes, but I was definitely improving.

I won't be able to play again until tonight. I just dabbled in multiplayer this afternoon and was a bit overwhelmed by free roam. I messed around for 30 minutes, there were only 4 other guys there with me and I honestly spent most my time just killing NPCs.

I'm looking forward to exploring MP a bit more. Any tips at getting a good experience?

Mik2121

mujun said:
They don't unfortunately update until midday or so in my experience :(
Damn...

Well, I'm at school now and I have class so hopefully time goes by fast enough so that the next time I remember to check out the page, it's already updated... :p

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I'm wondering...none of your actions in multi affect your singleplayer game, right? So could I go around being an absolute bastard in multi while still being honorable in single?

Mik2121

Seraphis Cain said:
So I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I'm wondering...none of your actions in multi affect your singleplayer game, right? So could I go around being an absolute bastard in multi while still being honorable in single?
Exactly.

yencid

if i ever use custome soundtrack it will be for THIS

BTW so i was playing today, chillin and helping people when i see a crime being committed so i go help the people and a train happens to be nearby... the people i was helping happened to be on horses... yeah the train doesnt stop... damn Gorey

Frostburn

Game is installing now, Social Club website is getting SLAMMED right now and I can't log in on the website yet. I will try logging on in-game once the install finishes. Xbox 360 version here, came with a code for the War Horse but didn't get the Collector's Edition; wish there was a way to get the Deadly Assassin outfit some other way :(

Barrett2

This game is so damn good. The atmosphere, music, unpredictability of the open expanse as you ride on dusty trails.

Herding cattle in a video game should not be this engrossing and satisfying.

The head of 1UP just Tweeted that based on clicks on the site, there is something like an "extreme" amount of interest in the game. Cool.

taoofjord

Can someone confirm this?

If your horse dies you can still whistle for a new one after a few seconds but it wont be the same one... Is that right?

Tokubetsu

Okay I won a game. Key seems to be only throwing when your bar on the left turns GREEN. Throw on green and hopefully you lined your shot up correctly.

Top Bottom