• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

I just played my first 5 hours or so.

FUCK I LOVE THIS GAME! :D

So far I'm loving the hell out of it. Only playing single-player right now, though I can see playing it a few times.

It's somewhat annoying that doing the missions so often net you positive honor... it can make it hard to be in the dishonorable level sometimes :lol

oktarb said:
The Ugly
! Odd laws. I’m on a mission. I just saved 3 horses, a barn and the whole family from a fiery death. I’m taking the last horse to the coral and bump into a ranch hand. Mission ends because I broke the law! People need to get out of my way. Me am main character.

This shit happened to me too. It is so annoying that bumping somebody with a horse is apparently a violent offense. I had a woman out in the wilderness calling for help, so I turned my horse toward her... oops, bumped her. Now she's running away and saying I'm a madman... and I don't want her alerting the sheriff. So there's really only one thing I can do.

(Okay, many things. Anyway I have her hogtied and on the back of my horse ;) )

MacBosse

Chaser said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I had a sort of eerie encounter a few hours ago in-game:

I was going up to Hanging Rock to look for a missing boy as part of the American Appetites' missions. While I was looking around, I saw a man on his knees overlooking a dead woman. As I approached he put a revolver to his head and committed suicide.
They never gave me the option to talk to the man, and all I could do after was loot the bodies. It was really strange, and pretty depressing.

That happened to me too. But not at Hanging Rock.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
painey said:
bugs i've encountered (360);

button prompts disappear meaning I couldn't loot or even save
game freezing with black screen loads
John gliding (moving, but with standing still animation) - hilarious
people leaning or sitting mid air
horse spawning on the side of a mountain and ragdolling all the way to its death

some are annoying, some are funny, but theres still quite a lot of them.

The only glitch I've encountered was with a chest. For some reason, after I took everything from the chest, John couldn't move. I was frozen. Not the game, mind you, people were still walking around, I just couldn't move. I had to reset to fix it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Goreomedy said:
Hm, came to this thread to find out about this. I can't see any player characters or NPC's when I enter multiplayer. Every single time. Talk about a game-breaking bug, Christ...

From what alot of people are saying inviting people to a private match, the glitches occur less frequently or very minimal.

Chaser said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I had a sort of eerie encounter a few hours ago in-game:

I was going up to Hanging Rock to look for a missing boy as part of the American Appetites' missions. While I was looking around, I saw a man on his knees overlooking a dead woman. As I approached he put a revolver to his head and committed suicide.
They never gave me the option to talk to the man, and all I could do after was loot the bodies. It was really strange, and pretty depressing.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, it was a guy mourning his dead wife, the other guy was able to hang around awhile before the husband offed himself.

On another note, the sawn-off shotgun is awesome! I was doing a nightwatch at MacFarline's ranch and caught someone stealing a horse, so I level my gun at the guy and pull the trigger (I was on foot). Just as my gun goes off, the horse tries to buck the guy and I think "Dang, I'm going to have to fire the second shot", but nope I take out the horse and the guy with a headshot each in one shot! I was in total disbelief while watching the two of them collapse into a pile... then I skinned the horse and looted the thief's corpse and went off to get paid for a job "well done". :lol

Chaser

Lonewolf_92 said:
Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, it was a guy mourning his dead wife, the other guy was able to hang around awhile before the husband offed himself.
Ah, I see. I had assumed they both committed suicide or he had killed her and then himself.

Interesting encounter though. I've had quite a few random, non-interactive ones that really add a sense of depth to the game's world.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Bugs aside, which were many....

I thought the single player campaign was awesome.

Thought the game was over once the dude took a header off a cliff... (they managed to work in both a Wild Bunch and Last of the Mohicans reference there, nice!) but was pleasantly surprised that I was able to play out the mundane farmer life as John. And what a brutal ending... ready for Jack's sequel now.

ZeoVGM

Banned
SHOULD I PLAY RED DEAD REVOLVER FIRST ?
No. Both games have virtually nothing in common.

So uh, this thread is like 175 pages. I take it the game is good. I was looking for a little more clarification on this. It's a sequel no? What exactly does it share with the original, if anything?

Rebel Leader

omg rite said:
So uh, this thread is like 175 pages. I take it the game is good. I was looking for a little more clarification on this. It's a sequel no? What exactly does it share with the original, if anything?

Never played the original. But the game is very good even though there are alot of bugs.

omg rite said:

Not really a sequel at all, just shares the namesake. Although you should play the original because it's awesome, having not played it will have no bearing on your enjoyment of Redemption.

Rebel Leader

Pumpkins said:
Darn, I was about to get into a duel with some dude, and then the game froze.

:(

Still an awesome game though.

Maybe all these glitches happen cause it's just too damn awesome?

Nicktendo86

My copy just landed on my desk in work, will be really tempting to play tonight but I want to finish Alan Wake first. Then I have 3D Dot Game Heroes to finish AND have Galaxy 2 in a month, this must be the best couple of months for a long while.

endlessflood said:
OK, I need to know what TV this guy is using now. I'm in the market for one and I think I can stop looking now :D

Absolutely. I spent a while looking over the TXB forums earlier to try and find these pics, but no cigar. I want this television. Mine is so sad next to this one...

ZeoVGM

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
Not really a sequel at all, just shares the namesake. Although you should play the original because it's awesome, having not played it will have no bearing on your enjoyment of Redemption.

Yeah, I'm thinking I need to get this. So many games though. Blur and Mario Galaxy next week. :(

Has anyone installed the game on the x360's hdd, if so, any problems/giitches that are known ( like streaming issues, more pop up, longer load times etc.)

Rebel Leader

flipswitch said:
Has anyone installed the game on the x360's hdd, if so, any problems/giitches that are known ( like streaming issues, more pop up, longer load times etc.)

Haven't gotten far in the story so can't help on that part.

Multiplayer on the other hand, sometime peoples (mostly just the guns) are invisible

MMaRsu

fuuuuu.jpg

Lots of stores selling it around my area, but none in my town. I don't feel like taking a trip by train which will cost me money and time to get it, but it's FUCKING ANNOYING that some stores are already selling it, even other branches of a certain chain but the ones in my town wont fucking sell it to me. THIS IS SOME BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT

Barrett2

My employer is sending me to a conference this morning... which is over at 10:30... and only three blocks away from my apartment.

3 hour cattle-rustling lunch break!!!

Tr4nce

oktarb said:
- Careful, get in the wrong side of a stage coach and you steal it which can lead to trouble.

Schmattakopf said:
:lol That's exactly like the damned taxis in GTA4.

In GTAIV you could just HOLD the Triangle button on PS3, no matter where you were standing near the cab. Niko would always take a seat in the back of the taxi. Isn't it like that with RDR?

DukeSucks

I busted one guy, was up 325 chips and the game froze on me. I had to reload to my last save where I only have $150 :(

and I want to bang Bonnie, lol

pahamrick

Haven't run into too many glitches, personally.

A couple off the top of my head -

1: My Deadly Assassin & Social Club outfits go missing everytime I load an autosave. Have to load up a manual save for them to reappear in the outfits list.

2: Wild Horse spawns right in front of me, only to run a few steps and vanish.

And my personal favorite

Spoilered because it involves a Stranger quest.

The last bit of the American Appetites stranger quest line. Where you run up into the hills and run into the man with the broken leg, who asks you to capture and bring back the guy who broke it?

So, I'm running after this fleeing guy and just as I'm about to lasso him a cougar spawns RIGHT behind him as I'm chasing and proceeds to maul the guy. After disposing of the cougar, I run back to the man with the broke leg only to get told to bring the other guy back.

Quick bullet to the guy's head (since I was going to re-load a save to complete it correctly) and the quest clears out. In my status for strangers it said I saved the man from the cannibal. :lol

MMaRsu said:
http://blogpaulaenis.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/fuuuuu.jpg

Lots of stores selling it around my area, but none in my town. I don't feel like taking a trip by train which will cost me money and time to get it, but it's FUCKING ANNOYING that some stores are already selling it, even other branches of a certain chain but the ones in my town wont fucking sell it to me. THIS IS SOME BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT
Why would you take the train when you can go by stagecoach?

Hyphen

smuf said:
Anyone in Euroland managed to pick up an early copy yet?

Got my limited edition (PS3) delivered through the post this morning. However, I'm pretty certain that I've got bed bugs, so RDR is the last thing on my mind right now...

Peff

Just got my Euro copy too! Mine doesn't have that neat cover :( but the map is pretty neat. Looking forward to dive into it :D

Hobbun

How are the glitches, and especially any freezing issues, for the PS3 version?

I want to get it, but the freezing issues I am hearing about is making me hesitant. GTIV had the same problem.

alba

Little is the new Big
I fell for the hype and ordered the 360 version from the banned site. Should have it by monday damnit, the wait is gonna kill me now. I knew I should've done this earlier :D

Mik2121

Woah.. so I just got an mail via PSN from Goldrusher asking about how is the game because he still doesn't have it.. and now Haunted posts that too..
This is so weird.. you two guys still don't have the game, and me, living in Japan, already got my hands on it?.. weird!!

Goldrusher

Mik2121 said:
Woah.. so I just got an mail via PSN from Goldrusher asking about how is the game because he still doesn't have it.. and now Haunted posts that too..
This is so weird.. you two guys still don't have the game, and me, living in Japan, already got my hands on it?.. weird!!
The European release is tomorrow.
Some stores already sell it today though, but I pre-ordered the game months ago from the UK - cheap pound ftw - and it probably won't arrive until next week.

But hey, after 5 years, 5 days more doesn't matter.

Top Bottom