• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Lothars

Rikyfree said:
Must get! Also, does anyone know what is in the special edition that gamestop is offering?

It's in the OP

SPECIAL EDITION
Although there is no real collector's edition with a cowboy hat or something, there is however a special edition which includes all of the in-game pre-order bonuses, as well as the game's soundtrack.

Wag

Just saw the RDR commercial 2x in HD on cable channels, so they're ramping it up bigtime now.

Unicorn

Those playing cards are AMAZING.

Do I need to preorder at Best Buy, or just show up for midnight to get them? Was just going to roll into Walmart at midnight to get the game because I have a discount there.... but those cards. THOSE CARDS! :lol

MacBosse

Definity said:
Shit just got real....

fth44i.jpg

minekc.jpg

Unicorn

I hate waiting, because the postal service won't bring it to my door at midnight.

The extra money I spend is ensuring I get it at launch, as I've heard many people not getting it until a DAY after release or even a week.

Costanza said:
You guys planning to buy this at a B&M store make me sick. You're pissing away like $24 by not ordering from Amazon.

Yeah, but Amazon won't let me buy disc-scratching insurance for an additional $ 3. The peace of mind I get is easily worth the extra $ 27.

Costanza said:
You guys planning to buy this at a B&M store make me sick. You're pissing away like $24 by not ordering from Amazon.

How?!? All that I see is the $20 gift card. Walmart offers the same. Best Buy will match Wal Mart. What is so good about Amazon?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Costanza said:

I get discount at work plus I'll end up getting better trade in deal in store for RDR. Not to mention, the much cooler looking extra item (Golden guns look way out of place). I think I'm good. :D

noisome07

Banned
Loudninja said:
Hey is that $20 gift cards just for games?

Nope, but before they use to only give out credit towards another gaming purchase. This is just a straight up gift card:
Amazon.com Gift Card Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order your copy of Red Dead Redemption and get a $20 Amazon.com Gift Card.

BrassMonkey1010 said:
For real. Tuesday is my last final!

Just finished tonight. Work 30 hours on the weekend but the rest of that time: roaming the desert and ghost towns with the GAF curly mustache posse. Shooting bitches and riding steeds.

Nelo Ice

Banned
UrokeJoe said:
Will Amazon charge now, or when they ship the game? I've never bought a game from them and I'm curious.

they dont charge until it ships

also im getting my copy from gs since i dont have $$ to burn atm but i do have gs credit using the 25% off coupon on it+$10 credit and special edition is a nice tradeoff compared to the $20 gc

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I haven't been keeping up with the discussion, but I have to ask (
I'm so sorry
): does anyone have a good idea of/experience with the performance/quality of the ps3 version? I had been planning on waiting for the pc release (god willing), but if the ps3 port is decent I might just look for a deal and double dip. Let's just use ps3 Bayonetta as a yardstick.

noisome07

Banned
luka said:
I'm so sorry
): does anyone have a good idea of/experience with the performance/quality of the ps3 version? I had been planning on waiting for the pc release (god willing), but if the ps3 port is decent I might just look for a deal and double dip. Let's just use ps3 Bayonetta as a yardstick.

Rockstar stated (on Kotaku Talk Radio) that both versions are identical.

unomas

Banned
This game just hit my radar because of this thread, but I've still got a sealed copy of God of War 3 I haven't touched yet and UFC 2010 comes out later this month too. Damn this looks pretty fun though!

scoobs

luka said:
I'm so sorry
Nobody knows, someone from a ps mag said he reviewed the ps3 version and it ran perfectly fine on the ps3. I think you're safe to order the ps3 version for sure.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Bitchin.' Thanks guys.

I was dead set on waiting, but I stupidly watched a couple gameplay vids out of boredom, now I'm crazy hype.

UrokeJoe

Thanks guys. Amazon it is, with release day ordering(hope that works), anyways psyched for this game! I have been since it's announcement and playing Call of Juarez BiB.

SamuraiX-

Thread is amazing.

Getting more hyped every day.

Don't even care if this turns out to be nothing but GTA in the wild west, game is still gonna own some ass. :D

I buy hundreds of dollars worth of Amazon stuff a month... if not weekly so this giftcard is as good as cash to me. Will be spent a few days or hours after it's in my account.

Honestly fellas, I haven't been this hyped for a game in I don't know how long. I was hyped for UC2. I was hyped for GoW 3. I was hyped for Halo 3. I was hyped for GTA 4. They all pale in comparison to my excitement for this game.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I'm going into Gamestop to pick this, Alan Wake, and Split Second up and then come home to write a 12 page paper. I get my MBA in a few months so I can't get caught up in games right now.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Nice, I shall order from Amazon this weekend and I'll use the gift card to buy something for my cat. Like some gourmet treats or a sweet toy.

OMG I can't wait.

Lime

Regarding the delay in Scandinavia, it is only the LE that has been postponed. The original version is still on schedule, at least according to Coolshop (although they might be selling the UK version instead, I don't know):

Lime said:
Regarding the delay in Scandinavia, it is only the LE that has been postponed. The original version is still on schedule, at least according to Coolshop (although they might be selling the UK version instead, I don't know):

It seems like the LE is what they are selling everywhere. :(

Edit: Do you know what version Gamestop is selling by the way?

Lime

Sniper McBlaze said:
It seems like the LE is what they are selling everywhere. :(

Edit: Do you know what version Gamestop is selling by the way?

I would presume Gamestop is selling both the LE and the regular edition. And of course they will only sell the Danish/Scandinavian version of the game. Online retailers like Coolshop and others sometimes sell overseas or British versions of game, if the demand is high enough. For example, they sold imported versions of the God of War Collection. I would presume online retailers somehow are able to sell RDR on the release date, but check out their sites for updates. They might end up changing the release date as well.

Seanspeed

Banned
Amazon deal says that with Free shipping, after the game ships out, it'll take FIVE TO NINE business days to get it.

Fuck that.

Seanspeed said:
Amazon deal says that with Free shipping, after the game ships out, it'll take FIVE TO NINE business days to get it.

Fuck that.
Whenever I do the free shipping option with games, I get them on Friday of the week it is released, which isn't too bad.

Seanspeed

Banned
Eaten By A Grue said:
Whenever I do the free shipping option with games, I get them on Friday of the week it is released, which isn't too bad.
Thanks.

That isn't too bad, but I'm almost willing to shell out the extra $20 to make sure I'm playing it day 1. Friday is cutting it close, too, being business days and all. I'd be a little frustrated having to wait til the next week, worst-case scenario.

I'm usually pretty frugal with how I spend money on games, but I haven't bought much this year at all, and I think this is going to be my one splurge.

i've decided to be a lone wanderer in free roam, never joining a posse.. i will be the mysterious evil-looking villain who comes out of nowhere and single-handedly takes out posses and rides away into the sunset
on my donkey.

Can you play the mini games online like Blackjack and Poker. Does the shooting feel similar to what was in GTA 4. I'm hoping they improved that but I bet it's pretty much the same.

Tr4nce

2real4tv said:
What wrong with seeing the product before you buy?

Nothing sir. But every few posts, this thread turns into a 'oh my god, no ps3 footage shown, are we doomed/screwed/fucked???!!' and after that someone comes in, again, asking 'hey all y'all, hows da ps3 version compared to the 360 version??!'. How the hell should we know? And then it starts over again. Too bad that all we can discuss in this beautiful thread is the system differences/system talk.

Yoshi256

Banned
When does the review embargo ends? On Sunday evening?
Too bad, that the LE sucks that much, Alan Wake shows how it's done right. The game deserves a better LE.

Top Bottom