• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

I really don't get how duels work. Sometimes I end up showering them in bullets, and sometimes I only have time to fire one bullet. I also don't understand the timing/time limit, the bars on the right, and the controls for reaching for your gun.

All I know is that I just hold the left trigger and try and "paint" them when the crosshairs are white. I've won all the duels I've been in so far, but it would be nice if I actually understood what I was supposed to be doing.

TTG said:
I saw one boar, but it was a part of one of those sequences where you see a rider on a horse hunting an animal as you ride by. There are suppose to be some around the Mcfarlane Ranch(it's on the map). My next challenge is armadillos and boars so I'll have to go looking for them at some point. I wish there was a little more depth to hunting. Particular baits or traps for certain kind of animals, or some tracks to follow occasionally. I feel like it's just waiting for the game to spawn the right thing at the right time, which ofcourse is what it is, I just don't want it to break the immersion so much.

Hunting Pack DLC now hunt the mysterious Jackalope and the Chubacabra with traps and explosions.

Mik2121

Technosteve said:
Hunting Pack DLC now hunt the mysterious Jackalope and the Chubacabra with traps and explosions.
I'd definitely pay money if they made a Hunting Pack with, say around 20 or so new species and a few mysterious animals like the Chupacabra or BigFoot and having to hunt them down, with lots of new challenges and whatnot.

buy teh haloz said:
I've never seen a snake, but apparently I've killed 2... not sure how that works.
My guess is they were trampled to death by your horse.
Bah, so very beaten on this response it's sad. Ah well.

Here's a tip to make this post useful then... tackle the Friends in High Places trophy/achievement from the safety of your purchased room in the Armadillo saloon.

Fuck they're are PEEERFEEECT!!!! ...The complete and utter opposite of GTAIV.

I won't even get started about the sheer insane accomplishment RDR is overall ...I'll just say between this and Midnight Club LA, R* San Diego is THE premier open world dev and the best division within R* itself
I can already feel this being my GOTY and I've only put like 3 hours into :D

W1SSY

Ran into my first boar and first cougar last night. Actually I saw the cougar, shot it and then got charged by the boar which proceeded to kill me. I find myself having more fun just wasting time doing the challenges.

I killed a Bobcat today.... I didn't even know they were in the game
I don't even know what they are in real life
. I'm not going to lie, at first I thought it was a cougar, but then it started to run away from me. Then, for all my stupidity, I thought it was a baby cheetah. It wasn't until I skinned it that I found out there was an animal called a bobcat that exist in the game.

R2D4

Banned
Bungieware said:
I killed a Bobcat today.... I didn't even know they were in the game
I don't even know what they are in real life
. I'm not going to lie, at first I thought it was a cougar, but then it started to run away from me. Then, for all my stupidity, I thought it was a baby cheetah. It wasn't until I skinned it that I found out there was an animal called a bobcat that exist in the game.

Bobcat1.jpg

Cute aren't they?

MMaRsu

Mik2121 said:
I'd definitely pay money if they made a Hunting Pack with, say around 20 or so new species and a few mysterious animals like the Chupacabra or BigFoot and having to hunt them down, with lots of new challenges and whatnot.

For sure! More species and legendary/rare animals!!!

TeTr1C

I'd pay for that.

Especially if you could hunt down Bigfoot. Finally I'd be able to live out my fantasies I'd been hoping for in San Andreas.

Volcynika

CrazedArabMan said:
So how long does it usually take for Amazon to credit the 20 bucks into your account, I'm guessing probably 30 days or so in-case of returns or what?

No real 'usually' all they said is within 10 days of the game shipping.

Mik2121

Tricky I Shadow said:
Does anyone know yet if DLC will be coming out? Has it been announced?
There has been one (free) DLC specifically for multiplayer missions announced before the game got released.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Mik2121 said:

Same here, I've just spent an entire Saturday roaming the plains hunting everything. As I type this I'm just now realizing that I spent 6 hours hunting in the wild today. Didn't even touch a story mission.

I really hope R* has plans to keep it fresh. If so my Saturdays will be booked for a long time. :lol

Downhome

Anyone else experience extreme slowdown at times in Thieves Landing?

It doesn't happen all the time, but that area really seems to be especially glitchy and prone to slowdown. It even happens to me every now and then when very little is going on. It happens almost every time a woman is kidnapped and the guy totes her out of town and I follow them to take care of it. Usually once the guy is dead it fixes itself.

Downhome said:

It doesn't happen all the time, but that area really seems to be especially glitchy and prone to slowdown. It even happens to me every now and then when very little is going on. It happens almost every time a woman is kidnapped and the guy totes her out of town and I follow them to take care of it. Usually once the guy is dead it fixes itself.

I definitely notice slowdown when you are close to the bridges in the middle of Thieves Landing.

Another place I really notice slowdown is in Blackwater. Holy crap just going through that city causes slowdown like no other.

Ya know how after playing GTA you wanted to sorta run over hookers when driving irl? This game triggers a hunting instinct when I see a squirrel in my city. Probably a good sign. Probably.

:lol So fun to posse up in this game. I joined some random fools and we all piled into a stage coach (all 8 of us) and the waypoint took us over the railroad tracks crossing the river and as you can guess it tipped off the side half way through and bodies went flying out all over. Haven't laughed that hard in a while.

KaYotiX

Banned
I find the game more fun in Free Roam or just doing challenges also, just so much too do. I really hope they support the game with add-ons

Stitch

Gold Member
Mik2121 said:
There has been one (free) DLC specifically for multiplayer missions announced before the game got released.
actually they announced three dlc packs. the first will be the free co-op stuff. the others... no one knows.

Mik2121 said:
Yeah, they are hard to spot, but if you look around (mostly in Mexico, but also in New Austin), there are actually lots of them. I've skinned 4 or 5 of them I think.

Now, all my challenges have moved to stuff I have to do in West Elizabeth, so I'll do most of the Mexico missions meanwhile. Hopefully later on there are missions happening in West Elizabeth so I can move there and do the challenges and story at the same time..

The key to finding snakes is to LISTEN for the rattles and hisses. The hisses and rattles you hear aren't just background noise unlike most other games. :) There's really snakes around.

Downhome

Yeah, you can tell when they're around. I don't know how anyone could play for so long and not notice them. There are tons of snakes in the game, I see them all the time.

Barrett2

I'd love to know what R*'s DLC plans are with this. Since the GTA4 model didn't work out to their expectations, i would assume we will be seeing content pretty soon.

SpudBud

Downhome said:

I've had this happen twice, I guessing it s a bug of some sort.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
My girlfriend pushed me to get a game and after watching the HD version of IGN's comparison video between the 360 version and the PS3 version I felt convinced that the PS3 version was nowhere near as different as some made it seem. Less foliage, makes sense since PS3 has problems with lots of transparent objects but looked fine otherwise.

Anyway, this isn't the thread for it but I just wanted to say I bought RDR! Going to get into it now! :) I hope I'll like it a lot more than GTAIV.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Is this a glitch?

I'm in Mexico and I'm doing some mission for Louisa. I told some guys to plant dynamite on the road. They go and hide but nothing else pops up leaving me clueless on what to do

Beowulf28

Downhome said:

Yeah this happened to me yesterday didn't what was causing it but had to load an older save to fix it.

Downhome

They better be glad that RDR is such an awesome game, one of my favorites ever. With this many bugs and glitches, it could be enough to ruin many other games.

Gribbix

sazabirules said:
Is this a glitch?

I'm in Mexico and I'm doing some mission for Louisa. I told some guys to plant dynamite on the road. They go and hide but nothing else pops up leaving me clueless on what to do
I ran into a glitch there myself. The horse carriages were completely jacked up.
When I first got into the carriage with Luisa, the carriage didn't move. I had to 'skip to destination' to get to the bridge. Then once I had gone up the nearby hill to prep the detonator, the enemies never appeared since their carriages had also gotten stuck in the ground.
I had to exit the game and reload because simply retrying the mission didn't fix the problem.

Loxley

I know I'm not the only one who, despite having access to
semi-auto pistols
, still uses revolvers just because they're on a higher level of badass :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I know this has already been asked, but there is no more thread searching feature so...
Am I always gonna be stuck with this lousy style of Dead Eye that makes the X's over targets?
The original style was so much better, dammit.

Fantastic game, though. I've payed it almost 10 hrs in the last 2 days and I'm still awe struck by it. I often just stop and stare at the environments.
I played some MP, the deathmatch felt a little clusterfucky with kind of questionable spawns and stuff. Free mode seems cool but both times I tried it I was going solo so I didn't really get the full experience. I would just ride around on my donkey while groups of people took potshots at me.

Top Bottom