• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Ben2749 said:
Geez, the fifth treasure map is really damn vague. There's just a picture of some rocks, one of which has a twin peak. Apparently it's in Mexico, but that's all I know. There are no names or landmarks to go by at all.

Anybody have any hints at all? I know I could just look it up on YouTube, but I want to at least partially figure it out myself.

Yeah, if you've not come across that rock formation on your travels you wouldn't know to go there. It's a place called
Crooked Toes
and it's west of
Rio Del Toro

Darklord said:
What counts as a rare weapon? I bought a semi-auto shotgun(they even had those back then?:lol ) and got an achievement. Is it a weapon that only shows up sometimes or something?

yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browning_Auto-5

also look here

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr/checklist.html

The five weapons that make up this category are known to be some of the deadliest a man can possess. John Marston doesn't happen upon many of these weapons until very late in the game, but when they do show up you will be happy to have them at your side.

Each one of these weapons can be purchased at various Gunsmiths for what will be a reasonable price. You are looking for the LeMat Revolver, Mauser Pistol, Evans Repeater, Semi-Auto Shotgun, and the Carcano Rifle.

Accumulating an arsenal this legendary will make you unstoppable and your later missions significantly easier.

Mojojo

So I read that the reward for highest honor is
a nun giving you a cross that enhance dodging bullets
. I never saw this woman or maybe I passed her by without noticing,.. Is it possible to meet her again?
and even if playing as Jack ?

aristotle

Mojojo said:
. I never saw this woman or maybe I passed her by without noticing,.. Is it possible to meet her again?

I have yet to have this happen to me. Apparently you need to wait around in a town for her to show up. I've only had one nun show up like this for me and she asked for a $47 donation :/. I think I got ripped off.

Guevara

Mojojo said:

A nun gave me a cross! I have no idea what it is or how I use it.

What does fame/honor get you?(sorry if its already been explained) Because im 30% into the game and for most of that time I've been wearing some stupid bandana that stops you earning any. Am I really stupid? Would it be best for me to start again?

DarkKyo

I can't seem to find Liar's Dice in Chuparosa for the Bandito outfit... it's the last scrap I need. Anyone know how to make Liar's Dice available in that town?

Dechaios said:
I can't seem to find Liar's Dice in Chuparosa for the Bandito outfit... it's the last scrap I need. Anyone know how to make Liar's Dice available in that town?

No, you need to play liar's dice in Casa Madrega (I have no idea if that's what it is called lol). As for it to be available you need to wait for enough people to be at the table.

JambiBum

sw33tclyde said:
It's probably passive like the Rabbit's Foot.
It is. I had a couple of nuns come up to me actually. First two asked for money and then the third one gave me the cross. You have to stand around in a town for a bit before they find you.

Guevara

JambiBum said:
It is. I had a couple of nuns come up to me actually. First two asked for money and then the third one gave me the cross. You have to stand around in a town for a bit before they find you.

A nun came up to me last night and gave me $51. It was pretty random.

Completed the $25 bet Five finger fillet last night, I think it added an extra 1.2% towards my completion of the game and im now fully satisfied that I never have to play it ever again :D

Also didn't lose any dice while playing liars dice yesterday, did it on my first go after reading the hints on here about how to do it so thanks guys.

JambiBum

I can't believe how many people have never heard of Liar's Dice/any variation on the name before this game. It's one of my favorite social setting games ever. Had to explain to so many of my friends how to play.

Dizzle24

The Lamonster said:
Any details on how to get it? What is the fastest/best horse in the game?

Where is this horse located? I only seem to come across dark horses right before nightfall, but they are dark brown. I need this horse for the "Buckin' Awesome" trophy! :lol

JambiBum said:
I can't believe how many people have never heard of Liar's Dice/any variation on the name before this game. It's one of my favorite social setting games ever. Had to explain to so many of my friends how to play.

I'm guilty :x

But I plan on picking up dice next time I hit up the dollar store or Walmart. Seems like an awesome drinking game. :D

Darkman M

Dizzle24 said:
Where is this horse located? I only seem to come across dark horses right before nightfall, but they are dark brown. I need this horse for the "Buckin' Awesome" trophy! :lol

Black Horse is up north in bear country.

I had one horse...one... for 14 hours of gameplay. I was attached to the damn horse. It was a grey horse with a black mane there are many like him but this one was mine. I get off MY horse to explore by the lake.

I shoot my six shooter at an armadillo and my horse runs into the fucking lake and dies. He is dead...:(

sw33tclyde said:
I'm guilty :x

But I plan on picking up dice next time I hit up the dollar store or Walmart. Seems like an awesome drinking game. :D

I can't be the only one who is stunned at how well these parlour games are implemented into the game. It pisses all over GTA4's attempts.

Does anybody have any tips on how the fuck Arm Wrestling works?

JambiBum

LabouredSubterfuge said:
I can't be the only one who is stunned at how well these parlour games are implemented into the game. It pisses all over GTA4's attempts.

Tap A until your energy gets about mid way down. Then hold A to let it fill back up. Repeat process til you win. You can also tell when they are low on energy because their face will strain. Change to the side view camera. Works the best for me.

Also clyde, it really is a great drinking game. You don't even have to buy a game set really. Just find some die and a few cups to use.

I had a cool moment happen. I'm not far into the game so this may not be that uncommon. I was out exploring and came across this small cabin/house and there was a campfire outside, no one was around though. So I get off my horse, and walk into the house and immediately I'm knocked on my ass and Marston yells, GET OFF ME! I'm thinking I'm getting stabbed or maybe shot at, so when I get up I do a 360 of the room and then get knocked on my ass again. I'm like WTF, so I run out of the house real fast, and turn around and look inside the house from the porch and its a giant ass rattle snake sitting directly in the middle of the room.

JambiBum said:
Also clyde, it really is a great drinking game. You don't even have to buy a game set really. Just find some die and a few cups to use.

Of course, I'm cheap as shit. Nice calling me out on the die/dice thing though, dick. :D

The Lamonster said:
Cool, when does that become available?

Last 1/3 of the game.

JambiBum

sw33tclyde said:
Of course, I'm cheap as shit. Nice calling me out on the die/dice thing though, dick. :D

Last 1/3 of the game.

Wasn't calling you out lol. Didn't even notice you made that mistake. You called yourself out. :D

LabouredSubterfuge said:

The games are bloody amazing in red dead (except 5 finger), I have spent the past 4 nights just playing poker, haven't done a single main mission.

I still love the game but it's kinda nauseating thinking about just how much more incredible free-roam could be if there was more single player stuff integrated.

I hope this co-op mission stuff they have coming in June is just the tip of the iceberg.

Darkman M

The Lamonster said:
And is that the fastest horse?

Kentuky (golden horse)
Hungarian(white horse black face)
American Standard Bred (Black Horse)

All have 3 star speed ratings according to the deeds, personally i think the black has better handling and stamina and maybe bit faster then the other two but i have no proof. The black is the last horse you break so id say it's the best.

Darkman M said:
Kentuky (golden horse)
Hungarian(white horse black face)
American Standard Bred (Black Horse)

All have 3 star speed ratings according to the deeds, personally i think the black has better handling and stamina and maybe bit faster then the other two but i have no proof. The black is the last horse you break so id say it's the best.
Thanks everyone for the horse info! Time to ride in style.

Rikyfree

Fucking mo van barr, there better be a goddamn fix coming for this. I started over to try and get the 100% since I screwed up on my earlier run, but finding this motherfucker to get my assassin outfit is fucking impossible. He never fucking comes up as a bounty!

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Rikyfree said:
Fucking mo van barr, there better be a goddamn fix coming for this. I started over to try and get the 100% since I screwed up on my earlier run, but finding this motherfucker to get my assassin outfit is fucking impossible. He never fucking comes up as a bounty!

blend in the shadows... become one with the people =3

Denzar

Man, the outfits are almost never worth finding/completing.

It's just an extra sombrero or scarf or something... Really lame...

Rikyfree said:

Yeah he's glitched in a big way, also he isnt needed for 100% and I don't think there is anything in the game you can miss to not get to 100%.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
got an email from RDRsupport. about .. the glitch I posted eariler.. They are going to pass this video over to the development team, and see what they can do to prevent from happening again in the future. :D

It also happened to me again though D= (and I don't have the camra with me at this moment)

Top Bottom