• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Marvie_3

Banned
Rikyfree said:
Fucking mo van barr, there better be a goddamn fix coming for this. I started over to try and get the 100% since I screwed up on my earlier run, but finding this motherfucker to get my assassin outfit is fucking impossible. He never fucking comes up as a bounty!
He was one of the first bounties I got.

Aesius

Rikyfree said:
Fucking mo van barr, there better be a goddamn fix coming for this. I started over to try and get the 100% since I screwed up on my earlier run, but finding this motherfucker to get my assassin outfit is fucking impossible. He never fucking comes up as a bounty!

I got him from a faceless bounty poster. It was just a silhouette without a name. It was in Armadillo, IIRC.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Rikyfree said:
according to reddead wikia

Some Outfits that do not contribute to 100% completion include the Duster Outfit, Gentleman's Attire, and Deadly Assassin.

see5harp

JambiBum said:
I can't believe how many people have never heard of Liar's Dice/any variation on the name before this game. It's one of my favorite social setting games ever. Had to explain to so many of my friends how to play.

I used to go to this shady chinese owned karaoke joint that would shut their doors after hours, break out ash trays, and anyone still sitting in the spot would play liars dice for drinks until 4 in the morning.

Bizzyb

Banned
HELP! I can't do Nightwatch jobs at Chuperosa anymore...!

So i thought it was just b/c I had a HUGE bounty on my head ($265) but now I've cleared my name and the guy still won't appear. It's clearly labeled on the map but he won't appear.

How can I fix this? I need it to complete the Bandito outfit btw.

Edit: now that I look around the town is empty as hell. Like a ghost town. Is this part of the story??

Aesius

Bizzyb said:
HELP! I can't do Nightwatch jobs at Chuperosa anymore...!

So i thought it was just b/c I had a HUGE bounty on my head ($265) but now I've cleared my name and the guy still won't appear. It's clearly labeled on the map but he won't appear.

How can I fix this? I need it to complete the Bandito outfit btw.

$265 is not a huge bounty :lol

Wait until you try to get the achievement for $5000. I had to completely annihilate Blackwater, Armadillo, and MacFarlane's Ranch to get my bounty that high.

Bizzyb

Banned
Aesius said:

Wait until you try to get the achievement for $5000. I had to completely annihilate Blackwater, Armadillo, and MacFarlane's Ranch to get my bounty that high.

Wow....crazy. So can you help with this guy not appear in the town anymore?

Rikyfree

Aesius said:
I got him from a faceless bounty poster. It was just a silhouette without a name. It was in Armadillo, IIRC.
That's the thing, this has happened twice to me now. I have not gotten him as a bounty ever even though it shows that I have the challenges to get the costume. Never had this problem with any other game before where my preorder bonus is pretty much nonattainable.

TheKurgan

Rikyfree said:

I am in the same boat as you. Mo Van Barr is the only thing I need to complete my suit and to the best of my knowledge he has never showed up on any bounty posters. Pain in the ass!

JambiBum

Aesius said:

I just kept robbing the bank in Armadillo and killing everyone that came after me. Ran out of town, camped so that the day would pass, and then did it again. The bank made it easy for me to not get killed as they only had one way at me.

The outfit conditions that involve bounties usually suck.

Not only do I have to wait for the bounty to show up (which never seems to roll in my favor), I usually have to capture the guy alive.

This would be fine if the bounties weren't suicidal dumbasses.

I was trying to catch one guy who, after I killed all his men, got on his horse and started to ride away. As I chased after him, he suddenly disappeared and I got the "Loot the corpse for proof" message. After investigating around, I discovered he just ran right off a cliff and died.

Forsete

Just completed the game. Damn, what an awesome ride. My GOTY and I doubt any other game can challenge this.

End game spoiler
Too bad Jack is becoming just what Jack didnt want him to become. RIP John. :(
Also the overall mood of the game is quite sad IMO, end of an era. Cars, machine-guns vs horses et.c.
I hope we get to play as John again in the sequel, when he was in his gang.
Btw, the end fight with John I Dead Eyed those two asshole G-men and shot them dead, however that didn't effect the outcome, they were still in the cut scene. :(

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
ShockingAlberto said:
"Loot the corpse for proof" message. After investigating around, I discovered he just ran right off a cliff and died.

Aint no rest for the wicked.. untill they close their eyes for good

can someone tell me how this game handles camera angles..? similar to GTAIV, is there a cinematic view or a really close 3rd person view? (really loved those)

Bizzyb

Banned
Alienshogun said:
They aren't as bad as you think they are.

It's pretty fucking bad when a side mission glitches so that it No Longer appears (even though it's CLEARLY on the map) and you need that side mission to complete an outfit.

WTF.

Dragnet

Can anyone tell me where I can find the stranger that gives the 'California' mission? It was one of the first outfit scraps I had available, I've just completed the game and I'm still yet to do it..

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Some really dumb shit just happened to me at the end of the story. Spoilers:

Dutch is dead and the Agent puts a bullet from my gun into him. I'm about to go see my family and the end theme (that I have never heard before) starts playing, no sooner than the game starts saving I get mauled by a fucking bear. It kills me, and I never get to enjoy the ride back with the end theme playing!

The Lamonster said:
It's kind of a far 3rd person view.
what? you mean just one view? no other choices..? tell me thats not true... i cant stand a far 3rd person camera, ruins the immersion for me. i NEED to get close.

astroturfing said:
what? you mean just one view? no other choices..? tell me thats not true... i cant stand a far 3rd person camera, ruins the immersion for me. i NEED to get close.

Sadly this is the case. I was pissed when I found out too, but it, like everything else in this game, grows on you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Forsete said:
Just completed the game. Damn, what an awesome ride. My GOTY and I doubt any other game can challenge this.

End game spoiler
Too bad Jack is becoming just what Jack didnt want him to become. RIP John. :(
Also the overall mood of the game is quite sad IMO, end of an era. Cars, machine-guns vs horses et.c.
I hope we get to play as John again in the sequel, when he was in his gang.
Btw, the end fight with John I Dead Eyed those two asshole G-men and shot them dead, however that didn't effect the outcome, they were still in the cut scene. :(

Why would they even have John in the sequel at all? Red wasn't in RDR.

astroturfing said:
The camera gets in close when you aim you gun.

sw33tclyde said:
Sadly this is the case. I was pissed when I found out too, but it, like everything else in this game, grows on you.
well goddamnit. now im annoyed. its just one of those little things.. why not give the player an option? why outright REMOVE camera angle options? the character models and world looks fantastic, i want to see them properly. arghhh. seriously, every game should be like Fallout 3, being able to switch between 1st and 3rd person and even adjust the 3rd person camera exactly as close or far as you want.

thetrin said:
The camera gets in close when you aim you gun.

That's not the same at all though. The world reacts to you pulling a gun, so it's not a viable option most of the time. Very silly that there's only one camera view imo.

astroturfing said:
well goddamnit. now im annoyed. its just one of those little things.. why not give the player an option? why outright REMOVE camera angle options? the character models and world looks fantastic, i want to see them properly. arghhh. seriously, every game should be like Fallout 3, being able to switch between 1st and 3rd person and even adjust the 3rd person camera exactly as close or far as you want.

I'd kill for a 1st person view in this game. Le sigh. Completely agree.

IZZO

Neo Member
Dragnet said:
Can anyone tell me where I can find the stranger that gives the 'California' mission? It was one of the first outfit scraps I had available, I've just completed the game and I'm still yet to do it..
I wanna know that too

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Doesn't the guy on the cover of Red Dead Revolver have the same exact scars as John Marston? Is that just a little homage or something?

JoeBoy101

IZZO said:
I wanna know that too

Its hard describing where he is, but he is along one of the roads east of the Gaptooth Breach Hideout (the mine). Do a google search with 'California Stranger' in the terms and you'll find it. After finding him once, you do three more missions with him.

JoeBoy101 said:
Its hard describing where he is, but he is along one of the roads east of the Gaptooth Breach Hideout (the mine). Do a google search with 'California Stranger' in the terms and you'll find it. After finding him once, you do three more missions with him.
Oh, it's the "I Know You" guy?

Quick question that I'm not sure has already been answered but I'm not sifting through all these pages and possible spoilers. How do you collect a bounty on someone without killing them? The first time, it says you can shoot out their legs and then that was it. I walked up and the marshall thanked me. Anytime after that I'll shoot out their legs and they'll stand there on their knees and keep capping my ass. If I shoot them again they die. Do I need to shoot the gun out of their hand first?

Azwethinkweiz said:
Quick question that I'm not sure has already been answered but I'm not sifting through all these pages and possible spoilers. How do you collect a bounty on someone without killing them? The first time, it says you can shoot out their legs and then that was it. I walked up and the marshall thanked me. Anytime after that I'll shoot out their legs and they'll stand there on their knees and keep capping my ass. If I shoot them again they die. Do I need to shoot the gun out of their hand first?

The lasso is your friend.

Azwethinkweiz said:

you need to hogtie them and bring them to the sheriff/wherever it tells you

Azwethinkweiz said:

You probably haven't unlocked the lasso yet, which is the only way to hogtie and capture a bounty alive. Keep doing Bonnie's missions and you'll have it very soon.

JoeBoy101 said:

That's where I found him. He didn't show up, though, until near the end of Act 1 a few missions before Mexico. Do stranger missions require unlock conditions? I swear it seems like you have to complete certain missions before they open. Also, can they disappear? I remember seeing a question mark in Mexico, but did a different stranger mission before going to it. When I opened my map again the question mark was gone.

Top Bottom