• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Mik2121 said:
or someone that bought it and could say how it performs? :p

A reviewer already leaked that it performs fine.

They made great strides to improve the engine since GTA4. It seems RDR stays much closer to a steady 30fps, on both platforms.

UrbanRats

santi_yo said:
byDharlost

2d9cimb.gif

6itvtl.gif
The camera is too far away.. hope you can change it (like in GTA4).

dakster

Neo Member
Think expert aim is the way to go with this. In the recorded stream the reticule didn't look to hard to line up, and the guy had just stated playing.

Lebron

I wonder if you can hide the mini-map when you aren't doing missions. I never cared for this in their previous games, so no idea if they ever included the option.

UrbanRats

Lebron said:
I wonder if you can hide the mini-map when you aren't doing missions. I never did this in their previous games, so no idea if they ever included the option.
You can do that in GTA4, so.. believe.

JoeBoy101

Just saw the Launch trailer, and I think the 'My Name is...' trailer is much better, but the framerates in the Launch one are gorgeous. Can't wait.

Srider

Banned
Can anyone tell me where I can order the special edition (all preorder bonuses included) of the PS3 version online?

I looked on gamestop's site but there's no mention of any preorder bonuses anymore. Have they stopped taking orders for it?

I’m not really a fan of the Western genre (though I do love Deadwood), but this is the first time in ages that the wait for a game is excruciating. The Aussie release date falls on my RDO, so I get a three day weekend to play. Fortuitous, no?

Messi said:
I should not have watched that launch trailer. Only a week to go.

That trailer made this wait unbearable.

I just saw the official trailer on TV during the Cav's game. Didn't realize it was actually a commercial. :eek:

ACE 1991

Death Dealer said:
A reviewer already leaked that it performs fine.

They made great strides to improve the engine since GTA4. It seems RDR stays much closer to a steady 30fps, on both platforms.

Is it running at sub-hd?

Bizzyb

Banned
Srider said:
Can anyone tell me where I can order the special edition (all preorder bonuses included) of the PS3 version online?

I looked on gamestop's site but there's no mention of any preorder bonuses anymore. Have they stopped taking orders for it?

The only place you can get a special edition with ALL bonuses is in UK I believe

Gamestop has Special Edition with Assassin outfit (and soundtrack) but it's now in-store ONLY

Srider

Banned
Bizzyb said:
The only place you can get a special edition with ALL bonuses is in UK I believe

Gamestop has Special Edition with Assassin outfit (and soundtrack) but it's now in-store ONLY

Ah that's too bad, I wonder if UK version can play online with US versions.

theDeeDubs

The wait for this is killing me. One thing in GTAIV that always bugged me was the way vehicles and even Nico would lean when turning. Hopefully the horses don't do that here :D .

ACE 1991 said:
Is it running at sub-hd?

I don't know. The only people who might are under embargo. It's certainly possible.

Midnight Club LA was sub-hd, however I could barely tell a difference in the comparison shots, to the point where it would be imperceptible to me in motion.

GTA4 was also sub-hd however to quote the guy who pixel counted it:

Quaz51 said:
regardless PS3 media look better for me, the light and atmosphere is more real (maybe HDR vs X360 MDR, post-process...), i agree with global reviews feeling but more comparison screenshots would be good
it's interesting, it shown that number of pixel isn't enough for determine better visual

i know the resolution since yesterday and first IGN video grab but i don't sure that is the good moment for say it i think it's not very pertinent in this case, for lot of people sub720p = worst version, it going to generate confusion

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46242&page=21

RDR had no lead platform. Each console had its own team. One console may have a small advantage, but nothing "substantial". I'd like to think they learned some things since GTA4 shipped 2 years ago, and then I wouldn't call the differences "substantial", if you didn't read internet forums, you wouldn't know.

I'd like to see a comparison too. If I were betting, logically, I'd say X360 will be judged superior, considering it's what they've showed off. But I tend to think CheapyGamer's comment was FUD.

Srider

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
So okay, in the US, is the entire first printing the "Special Edition"? I am kind of confused.

I did some looking and it seems like special edition in the US means something entirely different from the UK's special edition.

The bonuses are all split up in the US while buying the special edition in the UK gets you all three special bonuses.

Another thing I might add for the US is that only by buying from gamestop/amazon/bestbuy can you get in-game bonuses.

Messi

-Red_Mage- said:
The wait for this is killing me. One thing in GTAIV that always bugged me was the way vehicles and even Nico would lean when turning. Hopefully the horses don't do that here :D .

Someone please tell me that is gone, that bugged me so much in GTA4

Daigoro

The Proposition was just on IFC. John Hurt is awesome. so is the rest of the cast.

there were big red RDR advertisements that splashed on during the film. they were annoying as hell.

Srider said:
I did some looking and it seems like special edition in the US means something entirely different from the UK's special edition.

The bonuses are all split up in the US while buying the special edition in the UK gets you all three special bonuses.

Another thing I might add for the US is that only by buying from gamestop/amazon/bestbuy can you get in-game bonuses.
The US LE comes with all the bonuses, and I believe is a Gamestop exclusive.

Bpatrol said:
The US LE comes with all the bonuses, and I believe is a Gamestop exclusive.

So there is a different LE that I would have had to preorder specially? (On the GS site it looks like the entire first printing is the SE, at least at GS.)

mujun

Death Dealer said:
I don't know. The only people who might are under embargo. It's certainly possible.

Midnight Club LA was sub-hd, however I could barely tell a difference in the comparison shots, to the point where it would be imperceptible to me in motion.

GTA4 was also sub-hd however to quote the guy who pixel counted it:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46242&page=21

RDR had no lead platform. Each console had its own team. One console may have a small advantage, but nothing "substantial". I'd like to think they learned some things since GTA4 shipped 2 years ago, and then I wouldn't call the differences "substantial", if you didn't read internet forums, you wouldn't know.

I'd like to see a comparison too. If I were betting, logically, I'd say X360 will be judged superior, considering it's what they've showed off. But I tend to think CheapyGamer's comment was FUD.

So Cheapy D's comment was FUD but you quote the pixel counter and his opinion?

This is like the total opposite of what happened in the Alan Wake thread when certain people found out that it was sub HD par.

Lothars

BenjaminBirdie said:
So there is a different LE that I would have had to preorder specially? (On the GS site it looks like the entire first printing is the SE, at least at GS.)

I think it's just for preordering the game at Gamestop that you get the edition with soundtrack and DLC

Srider

Banned
Lothars said:
I think it's just for preordering the game at Gamestop that you get the edition with soundtrack and DLC

Yeah so what is the deal here? Gamestop's site says its only the outfit and soundtrack that's included with the preorder.

How are people getting the LE from them?

Dynamic3

U.S. Pre-Order Bonuses/Deals

Amazon: 'exclusive' Golden Guns [increased fame] and a $20 gc.

BB: War Horse [faster + dmg resistance] (presumably an early unlock).

GameCrazy: exclusive mini guide.

GS: 'Limited Edition' which includes a slipcover, the Deadly Assassin Outfit [dead eye regenerates 2x faster], Soundtrack (presumably digital), 'exclusive' challenges, and a $10 gc (online only).

R*: t-shirt.

Target: $5 gc.

Wal-Mart: $25 gc (online only).

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dynamic3 said:
Pre-Order Bonuses

GS: 'Limited Edition' which includes a slipcover, the Deadly Assassin Outfit, Soundtrack (presumably digital), 'exclusive' challenges, and a $10 gc (online only).

BB: War Horse (presumably an early unlock).

Amazon: 'exclusive' Golden Guns and a $20 gc.

Other Deals

Wal-Mart: $25 gc (online only).

*U.S.

hope we get to unlock the war horse
i dont wanna have to dig around and hope i can get ahold of a war horse code

2real4tv

Death Dealer said:
How about looking at Rockstar's past efforts in this endeavor?
After all, RDR isn't some random, unknown port

Midnight Club LA looks virtually identical on each platform.
GTA4 was a toss up depending on your preferences. I think any differences in RDR will be minor.

Hmm...HUGE difference to me:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=282215

edit: Midnight Club: Los Angeles = 1280x720 (2xAA?) vs 960x720 (QAA)...thats pretty bad

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Dynamic3 said:
U.S. Pre-Order Bonuses/Deals

Deadly Assassin Outfit [increased dead eye regeneration]
War Horse [faster + dmg resistance]
Golden Guns [increased fame]

hmmmmm

so all of them are just Cheats , I guess it will not take long before publishers start selling Cheats as DLCs now.

Dynamic3

zero margin said:
Ah damn, caps removed from thread title. That helped me find this thread quicker. :lol

Not really, more like (in some cases) early access to good loot. They are doing Social Club online challenges that will unlock in-game cheats though.

Top Bottom