• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

DrBo42

Hey R*, what's with the killing of streams? I've never understood this big brother bullshit. If the game is out in the wild, don't take it out on consumers that want to share their experience with others.

Love,
DrBo42

Cant0na

Banned
Cerrius said:
I don't get it. Why spoil the game for yourselves?

bg6lz.gif

i wanna watch more of the game

Chesskid1

Banned
guy is done streaming for the night, so no more streams unless someone else has a copy, but wow, this is going to be epic.

trying to decide if i want autoaim or not. no autoaim will be a huge bitch in bigger shootout sequences i think.

Darklord

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Hey R*, what's with the killing of streams? I've never understood this big brother bullshit. If the game is out in the wild, don't take it out on consumers that want to share their experience with others.

Love,
DrBo42

Because people will watch the story then come on to forums or whatever and start going "WTF JOHN KILLS BILLY AFTER YOU FIND OUT HE'S YOUR FATHER" and ruin the whole game.

I always wonder how Giantbomb are allowed to do the endurance runs.

Darklord said:
Because people will watch the story then come on to forums or whatever and start going "WTF JOHN KILLS BILLY AFTER YOU FIND OUT HE'S YOUR FATHER" and ruin the whole game.

I'm equally interested in Alan Wake (which has been out for over a week some places) and the forums I've visited have been spolier free. It's more about Rockstar controlling shit.

Dynamic3

Darklord said:

As much as I love GB, they are always the absolute last to the punch. They just put out a ql of the Lost Planet 2 demo today, and not only is the retail game already out, but they have already reviewed it (and gave it 2/5 stars) lol.

Simo

Just got home from work...what the hell I missed a live stream?! Dang it! A blessing perhaps..:lol

Oh man and we get a fold out map? Coolness. I see the codes for the outfit and challenges are inside the case, so does that mean we get an actual CD for the soundtrack bundled in?

Launch trailer was awesome and loved the music. Watched it a couple of times already and love picking out some of the details like the "They sell cheap souls" scratched on the railroad bridge Marston passes under early on.

...is it Monday night yet?!

Dynamic3 said:
As much as I love GB, they are always the absolute last to the punch. They just put out a ql of the Lost Planet 2 demo today, and not only is the retail game already out, but they have already reviewed it (and gave it 2/5 stars) lol.
yeah, except for the majority of QL's on games well before their release...what site are you watching dude?

DrBo42

I hope my post above didn't come off douchey. It's just frustrating with R* games especially that we see all this carefully edited footage the entire PR lifespan and when we FINALLY get a chance to see raw footage, it gets shut down immediately.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
DrBo42 said:
I hope my post above didn't come off douchey. It's just frustrating with R* games especially that we see all this carefully edited footage the entire PR lifespan and when we FINALLY get a chance to see raw footage, it gets shut down immediately.
At least one can't claim that they aren't consistent in applying their marketing strategy. :p

deadbeef

Death Dealer said:
What happens if you leave the trail ? Your horse just goes slower ?

Probably not much. I would think that would depend on the rockiness of the terrain more than anything, much like Oblivion. I guess you won't run into as many covered wagons or whatever, but you might increase the chance you'll run into a bandit. Just guessing though.

Beardz

Simo said:
Nice!

I'm surprised nobody threw together some wallpapers that GAF usually populates in OT. Any takers? I grabbed these backgrounds that might serve some use from the screensaver on Rockstar's site.
http://i44.tinypic.com/2u621le.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/v5jvxu.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/15dxgdg.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hxvi2s.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2wqvhtw.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2uz9guu.jpg

Shit!

I never knew about those... I made this just for fun :/

33vp9b4.jpg

TTG

DrBo42 said:

Love,
DrBo42

I don't see why not. The game is not being sold to the public and the official media sites are under embargo. If you posted this 5 minutes after release, it would be a strong argument, but for now they're perfectly within their rights to control what gets out.

Johningame

Neo Member
Net_Wrecker said:
Well, DAMN, the whole town turned against him when he pulled out the knife on those 2 guys. :lol Good luck to anyone playing the reckless outlaw.

It's the untamed west man, townsfolks gotta' stick tuhgetherr!

Mik2121

So.. I read a few pages back that the PS3 version was on sale as well. Did we get any new info on it, or someone that bought it and could say how it performs? :p

Mik2121 said:
So.. I read a few pages back that the PS3 version was on sale as well. Did we get any new info on it, or someone that bought it and could say how it performs? :p
360 version was mistakenly printed on blu-ray so it was recalled until further notice.

feel

Mik2121 said:
Sorry but

3445mrm.jpg

Top Bottom