• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

luka said:
What meme? You're acting like 80% of ps3 ports aren't significantly worse. It's a valid concern.

How about looking at Rockstar's past efforts in this endeavor?
After all, RDR isn't some random, unknown port

Midnight Club LA looks virtually identical on each platform.
GTA4 was a toss up depending on your preferences. I think any differences in RDR will be minor.

Hyphen

MattyH said:
will the soundtrack be a actual CD or a download code?

I'd like to know the answer to this aswell. I'm hoping for a CD, but expecting a 'download code' - "More details will be revealed about the red dead redemption soundtrack very soon."

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Deepack said:
Rockstar employees are definitely monitoring this thread.

Hi Rockstar employees!

*Waves*

Hi Mr. Rockstar's! Put our minds to ease about the ps3 version, so we can put the meme to bed.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Death Dealer said:
How about looking at Rockstar's past efforts in this endeavor?
After all, RDR isn't some random, unknown port

Midnight Club LA looks virtually identical on each platform.
GTA4 was a toss up depending on your preferences. I think any differences in RDR will be minor.

I didn't play Midnight Club, and only have gta4 on pc. I could have asked about those instead but there's not much point. It's silly to get worked up over harmless inquiries. If it becomes a problem then it should be added to the op.

Also, bad ps3 ports are not a meme.

Sn4ke_911 said:
Content from this channel removed at the request of the copyright holder. This channel will be accessible again in 24 hours.

that was really fast.

oh well then ...back to GUN. :D
I really hope you're at work... 'cause if you're at home, here's a potential list of activities:

Play GUN.
Play Call of Juarez.
Watch [insert western movie title here]. :lol

Salz01

nskinnear said:
I'm watching it. Don't really care about beginning of the game spoilers.

From the stream:

img00032201005131337.jpg

reddead.jpg

I'm so jealous >.<

HOLY CRAP!!

I needed this coming Tuesday Yesterday!

Yackie

Damn it! I missed the gameplay stream. I'm trying to figure out if I would enjoy this game or not. I'm not a fan of the GTA series, and haven't really played them. I love the western/cowboy setting of this game though, and settings really seem to determine if I will like a game. For example, I LOVED Fallout 3, but didn't care for Oblivion and I think the setting had a lot to do with it. So, if I'm not a fan of GTA, will I still like playing this game?

kaskade

I just read the preview on kotaku and damn. The game is sounding better and better. I can't believe the amount of difference in revolver and redemption. They are completely different games besides being set in the west.

Yackie said:
Damn it! I missed the gameplay stream. I'm trying to figure out if I would enjoy this game or not. I'm not a fan of the GTA series, and haven't really played them. I love the western/cowboy setting of this game though, and settings really seem to determine if I will like a game. For example, I LOVED Fallout 3, but didn't care for Oblivion and I think the setting had a lot to do with it. So, if I'm not a fan of GTA, will I still like playing this game?

I think you will. I've played GTA and wasn't a fan of the overall premise of the game. I do however, like open world games and I'm hyped for RDR. When it comes to titles like this, it is important for you to be able to be immersed in the world and like it. If you don't like the world, it would be hard for you to get into the game.

RavenFox

Banned
My goodness is this the best official thread on GAF? I mean Bruce is almighty but dayummm. So much love so much f'ing love. The flag at th end was the best touch. God Bless America and her old west. Way to go OP.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Before the stream went down did anyone get to see any gunplay? How was the cover mechanic and aiming out of cover? Identical to GTA?

Chesskid1

Banned
here are slight spoilers from the stream i watched (first 10 min really)

main character gets shot for some reason. (maybe someone can eleborate, can't remember) he is picked up by a blonde girl and they take out the bullet. she then gives him a tour of her farm. you can hold down the a button and your horse will match the speed of horses around you. she gives him the tour, then stream dies.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would love a side-mission where I wander into a town, meet a nice family, help them do things around the house like remove a nagging tree stump from the yard, perhaps get into a barfight, teach the young boy of the house how to shoot, save the town by gunning down a hired gun brought in by the evil landowner who just can't own enough land, ride off into the sunset as the boy I taught how to shoot yellls my name imploring me to come back, and turn around and shoot the whiney bastard between the eyes.

sethcheek

So is there any word on whether the lobbies are MMO'ish, or still privately set-up, but can handle lots of your invited friends? Those videos explaining multiplayer are VAGUE.

I'm still waiting on my xbox to get back to me. I"m hoping it gets here tomorrow; it's in Missouri now on its way. I'm gonna be very upset if I still don't have my xbox back by Tuesday. I can't wait much longer for this game! Having the game but nothing to play it on would be torture.

Dennis

Banned
This could be a modern classic in the making. The first game to give the Western genre what it deserves.

Hype rising to the heavens.

Top Bottom