• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Rhino

God those streams.....

This is like giving someone cocaine then taking it away after one hit...

R* I love and despise you at the same time
BIqRb.gif

Mik2121

Yeah. I didn't check any of those streams nor uploaded videos on purpose. I feel like I've spoiled the game for me enough with the trailers, I can wait 4 more days without anything new and just enjoy the game itself :)

I'd suggest everybody else to do it :p

UrbanRats

Mik2121 said:
Yeah. I didn't check any of those streams nor uploaded videos on purpose. I feel like I've spoiled the game for me enough with the trailers, I can wait 4 more days without anything new and just enjoy the game itself :)

I'd suggest everybody else to do it :p
At least 14 days for me. :(

mujun said:
So Cheapy D's comment was FUD but you quote the pixel counter and his opinion?

This is like the total opposite of what happened in the Alan Wake thread when certain people found out that it was sub HD par.

Cheapy didn't see anything, he's is repeating what he heard through his source. So that's not even his opinion, he's spreading rumors.

It's got significant issues but he couldn't remember what they were ? How convenient. Someone who played the PS3 version said it played fine.

With Rockstar's track record, there is no reason to think they'd drop a stinker. GTA4, depending who you ask, could go either way. Quaz 51's quote was evidence of that.
All to often I see people claim the X360 version of that game was far and away better, I guess they weren't bothered by the ugly dithering.

Point being, even if the PS3 version of RDR is sub-hd, it's not going to look drastically worse, and could even have positive attributes, like GTA4, to offset a lower native resolution. Look at Midnight Club, despite the resolution difference, there was barely a difference.

Bizzyb

Banned
Totobeni said:
hmmmmm

so all of them are just Cheats , I guess it will not take long before publishers start selling Cheats as DLCs now.

Don't they already do that? It's really silly how some ppl get excited for these "bonuses" that were free and available to all a mere 6 yrs ago.

UrbanRats

zero margin said:
Damn homie. :( I will dedicate something to you in the MP, when I cannon some dude it will be dedicated to you.
/salutes

Hopefully, Alan Wake will be here in time to be played in the mean time.
EDIT: MAGNUS, put an end to this PS3 framerate talk NAAAO!:lol

Magnus

I must confess, I haven't been a big follower of the game, and have thus not been reading the thread much. Am I the only one with the game already?

Could use a list of things people would like to know or have me do/try out. Thanks :)

Magnus said:
I must confess, I haven't been a big follower of the game, and have thus not been reading the thread much. Am I the only one with the game already?

Could use a list of things people would like to know or have me do/try out. Thanks :)
Basically most of us PS3 peoples are worried about the performance. Basically just give us some impressions about how the game looks and runs.:D

Magnus

darkressurection said:
Basically most of us PS3 peoples are worried about the performance. Basically just give us some impressions about how the game looks and runs.:D

Gotcha. I'm mid-game with some friends in something else right now, will be throwing this in in an hour.

Magnus said:

You're the first one to post in this thread with the game so far yes. You now have a higher calling. Pretty sure people just want confirmation the PS3 version is solid mechanically.

Definity

Congrats on that early score of Red Dead. Did you check to make sure there was an actual game disc inside that PS3 case? :lol

mujun

Death Dealer said:
Cheapy didn't see anything, he's is repeating what he heard through his source. So that's not even his opinion, he's spreading rumors.

It's got significant issues but he couldn't remember what they were ? How convenient. Someone who played the PS3 version said it played fine.

With Rockstar's track record, there is no reason to think they'd drop a stinker. GTA4, depending who you ask, could go either way. Quaz 51's quote was evidence of that.
All to often I see people claim the X360 version of that game was far and away better, I guess they weren't bothered by the ugly dithering.

Point being, even if the PS3 version of RDR is sub-hd, it's not going to look drastically worse, and could even have positive attributes, like GTA4, to offset a lower native resolution. Look at Midnight Club, despite the resolution difference, there was barely a difference.

Digital Foundry says that the 360 one was the superior version so who am I to believe, them or quaz? Seems like you present info in one way for a source you want people to believe, in another way for one you want people to distrust.

I listened to Cheapy on that ep, sure he seems to favor the 360 but he doesn't come across as a fanboy to me. I'd be surprised if he went out of his way to "spread" as you put it rumors. Sounded like an off hand comment to me.

Why do you need to spell out it's validity or lack thereof anyway, isn't it implicit that it's to be taken with a grain of salt considering the circumstances anyway. Your spelling it out makes it look again, like you are trying to cast different lights on the two different sources of information.

I think the PS3 version will more than likely be on par, the Liberty City Episodes apparently run pretty much exactly as well as they do on the 360 which is encouraging. You just come across as desperate to have people think the two versions will be identical despite the fact at this point nobody beyond the people who have played both versions know for sure.

Srider said:
Don't feel bad, I have to wait up to 3 weeks for mine.

I wanted to pre-order off amazon but they wanted to charge me 6 dollars just to get it on release day; not worth it. I'd rather have it in my hands on Tuesday.

mujun said:
Seems like you present info in one way for a source you want people to believe, in another way for one you want people to distrust.

There is nothing contradictory with saying I think the "substantial problems" rumor is FUD, and quoting Quaz51's opinion on how GTA looked as proof that native resolution isn't the end all be all.

madmook

You better not be pulling our strings Magnus, otherwise... can't wait for your impressions. Ditch your friends already, they'll understand it's for the greater good.

mujun said:
Digital Foundry says that the 360 one was the superior version so who am I to believe, them or quaz? Seems like you present info in one way for a source you want people to believe, in another way for one you want people to distrust.

I listened to Cheapy on that ep, sure he seems to favor the 360 but he doesn't come across as a fanboy to me. I'd be surprised if he went out of his way to "spread" as you put it rumors. Sounded like an off hand comment to me.

Why do you need to spell out it's validity or lack thereof anyway, isn't it implicit that it's to be taken with a grain of salt considering the circumstances anyway. Your spelling it out makes it look again, like you are trying to cast different lights on the two different sources of information.

I think the PS3 version will more than likely be on par, the Liberty City Episodes apparently run pretty much exactly as well as they do on the 360 which is encouraging. You just come across as desperate to have people think the two versions will be identical despite the fact at this point nobody beyond the people who have played both versions know for sure.

Sorry, but Cheapy comes off as very biased IMHO.

Magnus

Gonna toss it in and give it a whirl in a few.

I'm usually bitchy when it comes to framerate issues, so I'll note stuff, but take it with a grain of salt. :D

GreekWolf

EagleEyes said:
Are you not the person who calls people "xbots"?
We called him out on this in the other thread, and he never responded.

Magnus said:
I'm usually bitchy when it comes to framerate issues, so I'll note stuff, but take it with a grain of salt.
Got my hot, buttery popcorn and fizzy drinks ready... let's go!

Top Bottom