• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Timber said:
Wait a minute...
Arena? I guess I haven't completed it, then. I last saw him in Great Plains and Marston tried to shoot him.
The game told me I'd completed the task and it's no longer on the list, plus I got the achievement for completing 15 Stranger tasks. So it's not over yet after the encounter in Great Plains?

yeah this: (spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m997QFCEHHk

I dont know of any other missions besides it.

Timber said:
Wait a minute...
Arena? I guess I haven't completed it, then. I last saw him in Great Plains and Marston tried to shoot him.
The game told me I'd completed the task and it's no longer on the list, plus I got the achievement for completing 15 Stranger tasks. So it's not over yet after the encounter in Great Plains?
You're taking that word too literally, I meant it as a substitution for "something like that". :p

Jtrizzy

I wish there was a way to cycle through weapons. I can't stand the wheel...or if you insist on a wheel, the game should freeze why I fumble to choose the correct weapon. Overall I give Rockstar credit for improving the gunplay and character movement from GTA, although I still think it could and should be better.

Complaints aside, I feel like they have kind of redeemed themselves by creating something with a unique feel and captures a time period, as they did with Vice City and San Andreas. Now I'm really wondering what the Agent is going to be all about. I'm sure it'll be front and center at E3 as one of Sony's big games.

MNC

So how awesome is multiplayer in this?:D I don't quite get free roam - You and your posse/friends can roam the world, and when you get challenged/challenge you enter a 'server' for the fight itself? Can your posse do stuff with AI as well, or something? (Like singleplayer but with others)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's so easy to just bet $100 and wipe out everyone in five finger fillet, I feel cheap if I do it too much.

Timber

ShockingAlberto said:
You're taking that word too literally, I meant it as a substitution for "something like that". :p
oh, haha. i seriously thought you meant i had to fight the guy in some arena later on :lol

leng jai

How come there'll be instances where I'm innocently minding my own business when a few random NPCs start firing at me, I fire back, and the next thing I know I'm down 200 honor :S

TemplaerDude said:
The patterns in five finger and so easy, I could do them with my eyes closed if someone told me when to start.
Yep. Just bet the max and it's:
X O X /\ X [] X O X
or, for 360:
A B A Y A X A B A

and repeat if necessary. Easy.

leng jai said:
How come there'll be instances where I'm innocently minding my own business when a few random NPCs start firing at me, I fire back, and the next thing I know I'm down 200 honor :S

Thieves Landing?

SamuraiX-

HadesGigas said:
Thieves Landing?

Yeah, that just happened to me like half an hour ago. I move toward the saloon, hitch my horse, and all of a sudden the whole entire town has a six-shooter aimed at my ass and are taking sweet pleasure in lighting me up.

Another bug or some mistake I made?

SamuraiX- said:
Yeah, that just happened to me like half an hour ago. I move toward the saloon, hitch my horse, and all of a sudden the whole entire town has a six-shooter aimed at my ass and are taking sweet pleasure in lighting me up.

Another bug or some mistake I made?

They don't take too kindly to honest folk there. Honor can get you some negative attention.

In my game I've never had the whole town after me. Usually just one or two people firing at me and missing. Lots of suckers challenging me to duels, though.

Mojojo

Solid warrior said:
god i hate 'accompany x' bullshit. why it's supposed to be that slow? is there a way I can make them lead the way faster?
depends of the mission.. Sometimes you can skip to destination at the beginning of a long trip, but i wouldn't recommand it if you have any interest in the story as some dialog often occurs then.
There is even a shooting game while travelling in a carriage with De Santa, during the long trip to el presidio

bathala

Banned
Mojojo said:
depends of the mission.. Sometimes you can skip to destination at the beginning of a long trip, but i wouldn't recommand it if you have any interest in the story as some dialog often occurs then.
There is even a shooting game while travelling in a carriage with De Santa, during the long trip to el presidio
and if u do skip it there's an alternate dialogue too :lol

Mr. Sam

Trickster said:
I've found one car in blackwater, but I can't drive that one. Isn't it possible to find a car I can drive around in?

Apparently not.

In Mexico, I'm having people going mental and start shooting at nothing.

I hogtied one such individual and the law didn't take kindly to it. I put him down and stood still, gun holstered. The lawman shot the victim in the head before finishing me off with the rest of the chamber. Huh.

knitoe

Finally, got my 100%. Think, my last 2% was all bounty hunting. Slow as hell since each one only gives .1%. Hate the fact that the game keeps on giving you bounties you already finish. Thus, I wasted time finishing one only to find out it didn't count.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lyonaz said:
I just got notice for the 1.01 patch (16mb) PS3 version, what does this one do?

As I hear, among other things it fixes the bug where the Mo van Barr bounty (for the Deadly Assassin outfit) doesn't show up.

But now there's yet another problem, apparently: Even after bringing in van Barr, Scrap #3 for the outfit still isn't marked as completed.

Oh Rockstar, will you EVER properly fix this bug? :lol

Trickster

Seraphis Cain said:
Nope. Believe me I've tried. :lol

The mission where you have to help west dickens sell his elixir the first time, and you end up dueling some dude. I disarmed him and he lived

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Trickster said:
The mission where you have to help west dickens sell his elixir the first time, and you end up dueling some dude. I disarmed him and he lived

Oh, haha, that one.
To be fair, you HAVE to disarm him to clear the mission. Kill him and you fail. At least I believe that's how it works.

EDIT: Wait, I'm not even thinking of the right mission. :lol

Barrett2

Game freezes whenever i get arrested.

Goddamn, bears are everywhere in the snowy mountains!!

Edit: oh shit, i just herded two buffalo onto a railroad track just as a train approached. They were both tossed like rag dolls and killed!!

Mr. Sam

Trickster said:

That's not a duel, he just pulls a gun on you.

Meh, for whoever actually looks at the sign up spreadsheet in the OP, ignore me on the PS3 list since I’m now getting the 360 version. I’ll go add myself to the 360 list right now! :D

JambiBum

For the people wondering about the easiest way to do the $5000 bounty, just do this. Go to Armadillo and rob the bank. Then stay inside the room where the safes are. The cops will funnel through to you and you can take them out pretty easily. Once they are all dead your wanted level will go away. Run out of town and camp. You can save if you want to so that if you die you don't lose your bounty or you can just fast forward through time to the next day and rob the bank all over again. Repeat as needed.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hmm...wondering a couple things here (MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS):

I wonder...did Rockstar record dialogue for all the Stranger missions with Jack as well as John? Since none of the Stranger missions are required to finish the main story, you could conceivably not do any of them with John then do them all with Jack. I'm wondering mostly because it seems like a lot of work to record all those lines with Jack when most players will likely do a majority of the Stranger missions with John.

2. Do we know exactly what year the latter part of the game takes place in (after John's death)? I know Abigail's grave marker says she died in 1917, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's 1917 at the time the story picks up. Plus Jack would be 18-19 in 1917, and he kinda looks older than that. Maybe 21-22. I don't have the game available at the moment (roommate's got it downstairs) so maybe someone could buy a newspaper and check the date just to confirm?

Tempy said:
I see there's an update (PS3) this morning. What's in it?

I answered this a few posts up.

Darkangus

About 1.01:

For anyone that's been experiencing issues in Red Dead Redemption online multiplayer, we've just enacted a fix which should help. Instructions for both platforms are below, along with a description of what's been addressed. If you still need assistance, please contact RDRsupport@rockstargames.com and make sure to include your platform and online ID.
We will continue to investigate any and all issues people may be having including the ones this update aims to fix. Thank you all for your patience and understanding as we work through this stuff.

This fix addresses a specific issue that was found where the player’s multiplayer avatar, their horse or their weapons would occasionally not be visible in multiplayer games as well as an issue that some players were experiencing where they would lose connection to the various multiplayer modes.

To apply the update on PlayStation 3:
You must be signed into a valid PlayStation Network ID and be connected to the PlayStation Network before starting the game up. If those two conditions are met, your PS3 will automatically download the update in the background and the game will apply the fixes when you start or join a multiplayer session.

To apply the update on Xbox 360:
You must be signed into a valid Xbox LIVE Gamertag and be connected to Xbox LIVE before starting the game up. If those two conditions are met, your Xbox 360 will automatically download the update in the background and the game will apply the fixes when you start or join a multiplayer session.

Thanks everyone and see you online...

Hope it helps... :D

Timber

damn... i heard about this game being buggy but i've been spared most of them... until now

in the past few hours

- my horse's movement got arrested as i rode into Blackwater, then suddenly i get teleported across town several times

- i was unable to join a poker game; b button doing nothing

- wagons all stop moving. they stay in place and rumble like mad as if they're subject to some really local earthquake

and worst of all

- fucking enemies won't attack me anymore. they just run up to me with their weapons drawn and... do nothing.

really pissing me off and im gonna reset the game now. god i hope this shit won't last.

Mojojo

Seraphis Cain said:
Hmm...wondering a couple things here (MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS):

I wonder...did Rockstar record dialogue for all the Stranger missions with Jack as well as John? Since none of the Stranger missions are required to finish the main story, you could conceivably not do any of them with John then do them all with Jack. I'm wondering mostly because it seems like a lot of work to record all those lines with Jack when most players will likely do a majority of the Stranger missions with John.

2. Do we know exactly what year the latter part of the game takes place in (after John's death)? I know Abigail's grave marker says she died in 1917, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's 1917 at the time the story picks up. Plus Jack would be 18-19 in 1917, and he kinda looks older than that. Maybe 21-22. I don't have the game available at the moment (roommate's got it downstairs) so maybe someone could buy a newspaper and check the date just to confirm?
On Abigail's grave, it says 1914. And if you read the newspaper, it says war just started in Europe. Jack was 15 or 16 in 1911, so he is still in his teens (18 or 19).I found his VA to be good, because his voice shows his young age while trying to act tough.
Haven't done any stranger mission with jack as i had done them all with John

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Mojojo said:
On Abigail's grave, it says 1914. And if you read the newspaper, it says war just started in Europe. Jack was 15 or 16 in 1911, so he is still in his teens (18 or 19).I found his VA to be good, because his voice shows his young age while trying to act tough.
Haven't done any stranger mission with jack as i had done them all with John

Ahh. I guess I got the years messed up in my head. :lol

And,
I did one Stranger mission with Jack (not counting Remember my Family). But reading around, I haven't come across anything saying that you can't do that mission with John as well, so I don't know.

Timber said:
damn... i heard about this game being buggy but i've been spared most of them... until now

in the past few hours

- my horse's movement got arrested as i rode into Blackwater, then suddenly i get teleported across town several times

- i was unable to join a poker game; b button doing nothing

- wagons all stop moving. they stay in place and rumble like mad as if they're subject to some really local earthquake

and worst of all

- fucking enemies won't attack me anymore. they just run up to me with their weapons drawn and... do nothing.

really pissing me off and im gonna reset the game now. god i hope this shit won't last.

Yeah, restarting the game when you suddenly come across a large amount of bugs out of nowhere helps. Once my game started to get really buggy after a 3 hour session. EVERY horse that was hauling a wagon was literally stuck in the ground. The wagons didn't move. Exactly like the problem you're having. So I couldn't do one of the story missions. On top of that some weird glitchiness would happen when I tried to hitch my horse. After I turned the game off and back on, the bugs stopped.

need some help here. I'm doing Marshall mission to save Bonnie, during the shootout my audo skip often, and taking cover is also messed up. after a while the screen turn black and I'm back to xmb.

I've tried it twice and have the same issue in the same mission. I tried google and found a couple people with the same problem but in various location but no one posted any solution or the exact cause yet.

help please, basically in my case, I can't progress my story here.

Seep

Can anyone tell me why my bounty keeps on resetting to zero? I kill all the marshals that come after me then bam $0 bounty over and over again.

Dead Man

Seep said:
Can anyone tell me why my bounty keeps on resetting to zero? I kill all the marshals that come after me then bam $0 bounty over and over again.
Yeah, I've had that happen a few times. Some odd bugs in this one.

Seep

idahoblue said:
Yeah, I've had that happen a few times. Some odd bugs in this one.

It's happening constantly it's so annoying. :( Oh well I need to go through the game again and play the bad guy.

Just a thought I got the
beads
off the
nun
maybe that's stopping the laws interest in me?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Seep said:

Your wanted status will go down, but your bounty should still be there.

BeeDog

(pretty big spoilers below)

What's the name of the track that plays after you've
killed Dutch in his mountain hideout, and you're on your way to meet your family?

Reknoc

idahoblue said:
Nah, I've had $125 of Bounty just disappear. I went to pay it off, but it was not there.

Did you have any bounty before that? Pretty sure you don't gain a bounty if you manage to kill everyone.

Top Bottom