• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

BobTheFork said:
Well if I thought that was the ending than I didn't finish I guess. I'm not even close to 100 yet. I have lots to do.

You don't need to get 100 percent but there is a stranger mission that is relevant to the main plot that you may not of have completed yet. Not to say to much I'd just suggest you head over to blackwater

TTG

TheStringTheory said:
Just how many stranger missions are there, exactly ?

Way to spoil everyone. :lol There are 25 actually. Some you can only do while playing as Bill, others when you're guest starring as Niko.

Mobius 1

Question:

Does Jack have dialogue recorded for the side missions? I finished it once and I want to go for the rest of the Stranger missions, and I have a save from earlier in case I should really finish them with John instead.

TTG

Norante said:
Question:

Does Jack have dialogue recorded for the side missions? I finished it once and I want to go for the rest of the Stranger missions, and I have a save from earlier in case I should really finish them with John instead.

Amazingly enough, yes.
They really put a tremendous amount of work in voicing Jack. I was stuck doing bounty missions for a while at the end and the amount of stuff he has to say is about the same as John actually.

Ugh, the MP is driving me nuts when it doesn't connect to the game... it just sits there loading free roam forever. I then have to go back to the dashboard and re-watchthe splash screens I CAN'T SKIP! IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

RadicalRad said:
Ugh, the MP is driving me nuts when it doesn't connect to the game... it just sits there loading free roam forever. I then have to go back to the dashboard and re-watchthe splash screens I CAN'T SKIP! IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY!

Yeah it's been like this for days for me. Giving up and playing other stuff for the time being.

Klocker

Are the bounty hunter missions set or are they randomly generated events that continue to appear after the game is complete?

The Ending...

couldn't have been more perfect. I love that there was no sentimental ride into the sunset. I always assumed John's sins would catch up with him somehow, but I was expecting Escuella to shoot him in the back at the Blackwater hotel. Did anyone else take out Ross's brother as well? I accidentally killed him with a execution-animation shot to the back, but felt that it was the 'right' thing to do for Jack, regardless of the honour hit.

quick edit: I didn't encounter any bugs, aside from the odd moment where a bad guy wouldn't get into cover properly, and just be standing up straight, staring at me.

TTG

Hung Wei Lo said:
bleh. 99.5% done, and I doubt the Deadly Assassin outfit is worth a whole .5%..or is it? what else can i be missing?

Deadly Assassin doesn't count towards the game completion.

Kintaco

I just finished the game
(damn am I pissed and sad at the same time, I think I'll be more of a dick while playing as Jack since I'm so angry about what happened to John)
and I can say this is definitely the GOTG for me. It is the first R* game I've enjoyed (this much anyway) and completed. Can't wait for the next game in the RDR franchise.

Dead Man

Papercuts said:
Clearing the poker table in blackwater though...I'll probably keep that until the end, I only managed to clear it once in a different area by pretty much bluffing the whole time. Didn't seem as successful there, and I suck at poker.
I sat down when there were only 2 players at the table, one quickly lost, and the other woudl fold at the river if I went all in unless he had raised after the flop himself.

HixxSAFC said:
Its taken me over 20 hours to realise it but John Marston is the probably my favourite new character of this generation. I've never cringed at anything he's said, been annoyed at something he's done when I'm not in control... infact that's something I'd say as a whole the game does well. The writing is so much better than GTAIV's.

I'm nearing the end now, I would say I was very, very close infact
working through the families missions now
, and the game has gotten better and better. I thought it would run out of steam but its kept going strong. I think 20-22 hours is about right, it took me about 35 to complete GTAIV first time round and that started to drag a bit.
Yeah. Easily my favourite. No wise cracks, no forced humour. Just a bad attitude with his own moral code as he tries to find his redemption.

I had to start again since I could stand playing as Jack. His voice just shits me.

Anerythristic said:
How many actual instances of sex are there in the game? The reason I say this is...
that Reyes cutscene just seemed so forced to me. I am not a prude but it just seemed shoe horned in there to get an extreme M rating
I think it was unneeded, but fine.
It did serve to reinforce the fact that Reyes was not actually a very nice person who felt he knew what was best for people, and contrasted that nicely with Johns not caring what other people did, but holding himself to certain code.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
So I've come across instances where the game gives me the option of tying someone up with a lasso but I don't have one. Do I buy it at the store or do I have to complete a requirement?

Guts Of Thor said:
So I've come across instances where the game gives me the option of tying someone up with a lasso but I don't have one. Do I buy it at the store or do I have to complete a requirement?
Go do some story missions for Bonnie.

Just picked this up on Sunday..only about 2 hours in but wow this game is oozing with character..Can't wait for some more free time to dive head first into it

Klocker

Bug found with the Game time played clock

to those that are also experiencing a ridiculously high number of play hours/days reported, go into a SP game and kill yourself, or get killed.

The game adds between 52 and 65 minutes for each death.

that's why it has me now at 5 days 19 hours. :lol more realistic would be 60 hours

know idea what triggered it but just figured it out after some trial/error.

DeVeAn

I must be in the minority, but after playing for a few weeks I am so burned out on it. Single player is boring the hell outta me now. I hate these "near the end" missions.

Still think the game is the best western game out there though.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm 99.9% done. I've no idea what I'm missing, as far as I know I completed everything but I'm just doing as many bounties as I can in hope that one of the locations is the missing one.

kingslunk

Lakitu said:
I'm 99.9% done. I've no idea what I'm missing, as far as I know I completed everything but I'm just doing as many bounties as I can in hope that one of the locations is the missing one.

go to the social club and see what you're missing.

SamuraiX-

DeVeAn said:
I must be in the minority, but after playing for a few weeks I am so burned out on it. Single player is boring the hell outta me now. I hate these "near the end" missions.

Still think the game is the best western game out there though.

Few weeks? The game has only been out for like 2 1/2 weeks... And I was actually thinking about this today... Granted I've only been playing it for like 1 1/2 weeks, even after playing day after day after day for like 4 hours straight at a time, the game has not even begun to bore me. I consider this to be something very special, as the GTA series would turn me off half or three quarters of the way through and I would need a break from the game.

There are not very many games I can think of that were able to keep my attention for this long. It's scary... o_o

knitoe

Lakitu said:
Each bounty is worth .1% and that's probably what you are missing. They are repeatable too so if you get nothing for completing one, it's probably in another zone, Blackwater, New Austin or Mexico.

Edit: Just check social club and it's wrong. Says I am at 99.8%. Get my 100% 3-4 days ago.

Gribbix

Lakitu said:
You need to complete a particular number of bounties per region. For 100% completion, you'll need: 8 bounties in New Austin, 8 bounties in Nuevo Paraiso, and 4 bounties in West Elizabeth. You can see how many bounties you've completed per region in the stats section of the pause menu.

SamuraiX-

UnluckyKate said:
GAF, I miss one location in New Austin.

I bought all the map (I guess) what could I have missed ?

Did you check the general shops in Rathskeller Fork, Armadillo, The MacFarlan Ranch, and Thieves Landing? Those are the main cities, so first thing I would do is go back and double check there.

Lakitu

st5fu
knitoe said:
Each bounty is worth .1% and that's probably what you are missing. They are repeatable too so if you get nothing for completing one, it's probably in another zone, Blackwater, New Austin or Mexico.

Edit: Just check social club and it's wrong. Says I am at 99.8%. Get my 100% 3-4 days ago.

I just checked Social Club too, it's not in sync very well for me either. It says a lot of the main story missions are missing for some reason.

I assumed it's a bounty hunter mission, but besides social club there's on way to monitor which location I didn't go to. I think the least bounties I have done were in Blackwater so I'll do a few of them.

Gribbix said:
You need to complete a particular number of bounties per region. For 100% completion, you'll need: 8 bounties in New Austin, 8 bounties in Nuevo Paraiso, and 4 bounties in West Elizabeth. You can see how many bounties you've completed per region in the stats section of the pause menu.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I just thought it told you somewhere in the stats menu how many bounties you killed / caught, only.

Finished it tonight.

GAF, this game. This fucking game.

Goddamn.

If I never played another current generation title, I think Redemption would wrap things up quite nicely.

I laughed, I cried, I FFFFUUUUUUU--

This was the game I've been waiting for since I first started playing video games. Props to the developers for crafting an incredible experience, start to finish.

knitoe

Lakitu said:
I just checked Social Club too, it's not in sync very well for me either. It says a lot of the main story missions are missing for some reason.

I assumed it's a bounty hunter mission, but besides social club there's on way to monitor which location I didn't go to. I think the least bounties I have done were in Blackwater so I'll do a few of them.
From what I experience needing almost 1.5% = 15 bounty and if you finish one that doesn't give you .1%, it means that you have already done all the bounties for that zone. If you keep on doing them in that zone, you are just repeating them for money. Took me bringing in the same guy 5X before I notice it. :lol

God this game is awesome and has been bugless for me... so far.

Yesterday my game froze three times in a row
at end of "El presidio" mission so I have no clue what the fuck happened after I shot Williamson
. OK, story is lost on me but a new area opened. Yay ! New landscapes ! New Town ! The thrills of discovering new things and killing them !

I go to
Blackwater
, do some tourism, and while I'm speeding up out of the town to help some poor sap being robbed or some chick being kidnapped I see a new blue dot on the minimap and I hear
a nun saying
"John Marston, I finally meet you"or some shit. I hit the brakes and turn back to meet her but the blue dot suddenly disappears and the bitch just stands still with a sly smile.

"Hey Sister ! It's me, John Marston ! You were meaning to give some kind of magic rosary. Remember ? Sister ?"
. But nope she's just standing there like a goody-two-shoes waiting for the light to go green. Fucking cocktease !

To ease my frustration I decide to go and shoot some bears in Tall Trees. I barely escape two cougars when I hear some guy challenging me to shoot 4 birds (wtf ? have they got some kind of twisted bird-hating fraternity in every region ?). Of course I accept and promptly engage in the demise of a quatuor of feathered creatures. The guy pays me but while reluctantly admitting my superior marksmanship he decides to TOTALLY SHOOT MY HORSE IN THE HEAD and then begin to trot away as if nothing happened. My beloved horse. My dear friend that I've been keeping for what ? Oh nothing, just 18 or 19 missions in a row...

Ok. So war it is. I ready myself for some hot guy-on-guy deadeye dynamite in your head action.

Apparently that was the cue for a third ninja cat to jump on me and rip my guts.

Did I mention I've been gathering all those shitty flowers amidst this clusterfuck of a gaming session ?

I now hate this game.

Amir0x

Banned
This game is host to some crazy ass glitches.

I was in Thieves Landing and some chick was getting kidnapped. I save her, and I go to untie her but can't. No option. Instead, the game framerate drops to somewhere around 5fps and I can't fix it no matter what I do. Only until I pick the girl up does the framerate return to normal and allow me to cut her loose.

Except when that happens, the entire town of Thieves Landing suddenly decides it hates me and pretty much the entire town starts shooting at me the same time. Like fucking everyone. I die. I reload, and return. Now there's horse carriages in the swamp, and the fast travel stagecoach is making a sound like a fucking broke down buick. KA-DUM KA-DUM KA-DUM. So fucking loud you can hear it throughout all of Thieves Landing.

Lakitu

st5fu
knitoe said:
From what I experience needing almost 1.5% = 15 bounty and if you finish one that doesn't give you .1%, it means that you have already done all the bounties for that zone. If you keep on doing them in that zone, you are just repeating them for money. Took me bringing in the same guy 5X before I notice it. :lol

So apparently... I've done all the bounty locations and I didn't need to keep on doing it. I thought it would be the last thing left, but apparently finding the last locations of a map counts to 100%? Right now I have 92 out of 94.

BeeDog

Amir0x said:
This game is host to some crazy ass awesome.

I was in Thieves Landing and some chick was getting kidnapped. I save her, and I go to untie her but can't. No option. Instead, the game framerate drops to somewhere around 5fps and I can't fix it no matter what I do. Only until I pick the girl up does the framerate return to normal and allow me to cut her loose.

Except when that happens, the entire town of Thieves Landing suddenly decides it hates me and pretty much the entire town starts shooting at me the same time. Like fucking everyone. I die. I reload, and return. Now there's horse carriages in the swamp, and the fast travel stagecoach is making a sound like a fucking broke down buick. KA-DUM KA-DUM KA-DUM. So fucking loud you can hear it throughout all of Thieves Landing.

Fixed to fit your story better. :lol

MMaRsu

Amir0x said:
This game is host to some crazy ass glitches.

Can you take care of the junior spoiling shit right here on this very page?

Top Bottom