• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Amir0x said:
Except when that happens, the entire town of Thieves Landing suddenly decides it hates me and pretty much the entire town starts shooting at me the same time. Like fucking everyone.

Yeah ummm, the town "hating you" for saving the woman isn't a glitch. The place is called THIEVES LANDING for a reason. Next time, you mind your own business and it'll be all good.

Solo

Rockstar Social Club is completely fucked for me. It still shows my progress being at 0% even though Im at 40.7% :lol And yet it shows my Achievements correctly :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan said:
Starting this game now.

I went in with zero hype.

Let's see how this goes.
UrbanRats said:
The best way. Have fun.
idahoblue said:
Post impressions when you can please, I'm interested to see what you think.
Been playing this for three days straight now since my last post and I'm still not done... Jesus Christ. Just woke up, time to continue.

Dave1988

I'm already in Blackwater and I still haven't received the Spurred to Victory trophy. I've read that this trophy is glitched and it may unlock after doing more than 20 mission but I'm starting to get worried here....

Solo said:
Rockstar Social Club is completely fucked for me. It still shows my progress being at 0% even though Im at 40.7% :lol And yet it shows my Achievements correctly :lol

Yeah, it doesn't fully work. I have 100% in the game, and it even says 100% on the checklist page, but it shows 9 missions not done, no challenges, no strangers and missing 2 costumes. But it shows the very last stuff I did, so it's not like it hasn't synced yet.

Dead Man

Solo said:
Yeah, I had major issues with the social club with Midnight Club, I just don't even look there now to track progress. Takes forever to update and is glitchy as hell.

idahoblue said:
Yeah, I had major issues with the social club with Midnight Club, I just don't even look there now to track progress. Takes forever to update and is glitchy as hell.

Well it does say when you click the red exclamation marks on some of the stats they aren't updating properly, its obviously work in progress but I think it is an awesome tool, I literally think that every game should have these stat pages, I still can't beleive how impressed I am by this game :lol

Dead Man

kyo_daikun said:
Well it does say when you click the red exclamation marks on some of the stats they aren't updating properly, its obviously work in progress but I think it is an awesome tool, I literally think that every game should have these stat pages, I still can't beleive how impressed I am by this game :lol
Yeah, but this is the fifth game to use the Social Club approach, and it is still glitched. I love the idea, but the implementation is pretty average.

Well, I finished the game 'again' just now...
That was a great little segment but it doesn't really make me feel any better about Jon dying : (. It was fun to track that bastard down. I don't know if the game intentionally makes it rain during the end of the mission but DAMN was that great. I walked down to the river and it was just pouring death w/ lightning. I dotted his eyes like a fucking Disney character and that was it. I like that they voiced Jack for all the little things as well. R* makes a great total package.

idahoblue said:
Yeah, but this is the fifth game to use the Social Club approach, and it is still glitched. I love the idea, but the implementation is pretty average.

I checked my gta stats on the site and they are a lot more bugged than my red dead ones so I think they are improving it, hopefully they will work out all the bugs.

Solo

ThirstyFly said:
Yeah, it doesn't fully work. I have 100% in the game, and it even says 100% on the checklist page, but it shows 9 missions not done, no challenges, no strangers and missing 2 costumes. But it shows the very last stuff I did, so it's not like it hasn't synced yet.

idahoblue said:

Yeah, its so janky. I wouldnt care.... but since its the only place where you get a snapshop of where you are with respect to 100%, I do care.

Fix this fucking shit, Rockstar.

EDIT: Funny enough, I just signed up for the social club like 2 days ago, and while my RDR stats are completely AWOL, my GTA4 stats are all in there perfectly, and I havent even touched that game in 2 years :lol

Wiggum2007

Argh, knew I should have stayed out of this thread, thanks TheStringTheory. On a brighter note, I just bought a semi-auto shotgun, woohoo!

Wiggum2007

I think my game is bugged, the newspapers have said there's a new film about women's suffrage in the theater in Armadillo, but every time I go back there it's still the one about the dangers of medicine, even though I'm partway through Mexico.

Wiggum2007 said:
I think my game is bugged, the newspapers have said there's a new film about women's suffrage in the theater in Armadillo, but every time I go back there it's still the one about the dangers of medicine, even though I'm partway through Mexico.

It runs in Blackwater later, so you have to be patient :lol But it will be worth the while, good stuff ^^

So best random event:

I was doing a bounty originating in Blackwater for a particularly nasty fellow wanted for murder. He was located at the burnt down log houses near Tall trees. As I'm having a shootout with him and his gang I suddenly hear someone yelling "Help!" over and over. As I was busy fighting for my life I didn't turn around.

The npc yelling runs in front of me right through the middle of the gun fight with a bear chasing him down! It was hilarious. I of course downed the bear as it crossed my fire line. The npc thanks me and runs off, well, at least tries to run off. After his brush with death with a bear he falls prey to gang crossfire, poor guy. But so amusing.

taoofjord

Fallout-NL said:
So, I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't hear any song upon entering Mexico. Anyone else experience this (problem)?

I had this bug too. You're the first person I've heard of, other than me, of having this problem. Cry with me. :[

I just got to Blackwater and I still haven't found the second treasure. I really don't understand how the treasure searching works. All I have is a simple map with some rocks and cactus drawn and, well, that whole Armadillo region consists of rocks and cactus, how the hell am I supposed to find anything? :lol

Walking around in Tall Trees is one of the most tense experiences I've had in a videogame. I'm still doing the 20 missions with the same horse trophy, and that region is filled with blood thirsty bears and wolves. I can't even stop to smell the flowers without having my horse gnawed to death by a fucking grizzly. Tired of doing loading because of those furry bastards.

By the way, Reyes = NPC of the year.

Fallout-NL said:
So, I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't hear any song upon entering Mexico. Anyone else experience this (problem)?

I believe there's certain things that stop the song from playing, such as picking a plant. It doesn't start right away either, so is it possible you stopped to pick a plant or skin an animal when you first got there?

Tiagomnh said:
I just got to Blackwater and I still haven't found the second treasure. I really don't understand how the treasure searching works. All I have is a simple map with some rocks and cactus drawn and, well, that whole Armadillo region consists of rocks and cactus, how the hell am I supposed to find anything? :lol

Isn't the 2nd treasure the one with the
camp site
drawn on the map?

They're all pretty easy. The drawings are all of very specific landmarks. If there's a rock formation drawn on it, it'll be the only rock formation shaped like that in the game. Sometimes if you look around at location names on your main map, you'll be able to figure out what the location on the map is too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Fallout-NL said:

did you not get on the horse waiting for you?

Marvie_3

Banned
RadicalRad said:
So best random event:

I was doing a bounty originating in Blackwater for a particularly nasty fellow wanted for murder. He was located at the burnt down log houses near Tall trees. As I'm having a shootout with him and his gang I suddenly hear someone yelling "Help!" over and over. As I was busy fighting for my life I didn't turn around.

The npc yelling runs in front of me right through the middle of the gun fight with a bear chasing him down! It was hilarious. I of course downed the bear as it crossed my fire line. The npc thanks me and runs off, well, at least tries to run off. After his brush with death with a bear he falls prey to gang crossfire, poor guy. But so amusing.
:lol :lol

bunbun777

So I am going to run through this again. Not going to go for challenges, just going to play as the worst mofo ever to wreck the west. All dogs go to heaven? We'll see.

ThirstyFly said:
Isn't the 2nd treasure the one with the
camp site
drawn on the map?

They're all pretty easy. The drawings are all of very specific landmarks. If there's a rock formation drawn on it, it'll be the only rock formation shaped like that in the game. Sometimes if you look around at location names on your main map, you'll be able to figure out what the location on the map is too.

I'll have to look closer then. Thanks. ;)

mauaus said:
How do I do that?? :p

Pause the game, go to the outfit section, go to the outfit that needs that mission and it should say square to track (PS3, X for the xbox?) after you do that it will highlight in purple what you need to do on the map to unlock the outfit.

TheKurgan

I know it's been mentioned a thousand times but fuck do I hate cougars! They have made it next to impossible for me to keep a horse longer than 3-4 missions.

Not really a spoiler but just to be safe:

I was taking a break from Mexico Story missions last night North of MacFarlen's Ranch hunting boars as part of one of the hunting challenges. Had 2 boars bagged and skinned and was just wandering around looking for a third when I hear a cougar. Quickly dead eye the bastard, and wait for more to come. Sure enough 3 more cougars come after me in the next 2-3 minutes. No problem dead eye them all. I wait a couple of minutes to make sure it's safe and get off my horse to skin the bastards. Out of no where a fricken boar charges me a knocks me a good 30ft down a hill. Finally manage to kill and skin it after it ran me over a couple more times. All in a all a pretty eventful hunting trip.

When all the skinning was done I look around for my horse. The shooting has freaked it out so it had run up into the trees a few hundred feet a way. I whistle for it and it quickly makes it way over to me. Just as my horse picks up speed to make it's way to me another freakin cougar comes out of no where and cuts it down! I didn't even see the ninja bastard in the grass until I made my way over to my dead horse. He hit me so hard I never recovered enough to even draw my gun before I was dead.

Another Kentucky Saddler (and a bunch of hunting loot) down the drain :(

mauaus

kyo_daikun said:
Pause the game, go to the outfit section, go to the outfit that needs that mission and it should say square to track (PS3, X for the xbox?) after you do that it will highlight in purple what you need to do on the map to unlock the outfit.
thats awesome man thanks!

You know what guys, it would be awesome to see a DLC with Marston going to France to fight in WW1.

Something a la Brad Pitt's character in "Legends of the Fall".

Wiggum2007

Fallout-NL said:

Heh, I think about half the people posting in here experienced that problem. Anything from jumping off the horse, to whistling for your own horse, will stop the song from playing.

Tiagomnh said:
I'll have to look closer then. Thanks. ;)
That 2nd treasure actually has the location name right there on the treasure map. If you have trouble with this map, you're never going to find all the treasures :lol

Dead Man

Patrick Bateman said:
You know what guys, it would be awesome to see a DLC with Marston going to France to fight in WW1.

Something a la Brad Pitt's character in "Legends of the Fall".
:lol That would be sweet.
The Lamonster said:
That 2nd treasure actually has the location name right there on the treasure map. If you have trouble with this map, you're never going to find all the treasures :lol
In his defence, the second treasure kicked my arse, I had to look it up on the wiki, but I found all the rest straight away.

iNvid02

been trying to find the mexican zombie in mexico, cant find him.
i cant find the werewolf in tall trees either.

anyone else found these two?
apparently the werewolf only comes out on full moons

Messypandas said:
Man. Entering Mexico has to be my 'cinematic' moment of the year. Just bliss. Nicely done Rockstar
I must have had bad timing when I hit Mexico for the first time. Rainstorm, couldn't see jack squat. =/

Simo

Man, I'm taking my sweet loving time with single player having only just got to Mexico and having a blast but I'm usually always on multi.

Last night was a blast because on my way to a gang hideout with a bunch of friends we found a neat fortress in Mexico propped on a hill that was decked out with cannons and gatling guns. So we decided to see who get the biggest bounty and destroyed the law with each of us racking up bounties from $5000-9000. :lol

elwes

I just wanted to recount two instances that occurred last night.

First of all, both of these instances happened in Tall Trees and both of them were random instances in the game world. This guy rides up to me and wants me to save his wife who is going to be hanged. I'm like "Well shit, I'm John Marston, I change lives," so I take off after the guy on horseback. Here's where the shit hits the fan.

INSTANCE 1

I dash into a clearing just in time to see this man's wife struggling against the noose. Fearing for the safety of this poor woman, I draw my 12-bullet repeater rifle and dead eye the four men in the head. One round goes off. Two rounds. Three rounds. They're dropping like flies. The fourth round explodes out of my barrel just as the bear that was homing in on me from off screen clotheslines me in the face. This bear then goes on to rampage through the scene of the shootout, killing the husband, then goring the wife while she's still hanging from the tree.

In anger, I reload my save from right before this happens and head out towards the area again. The same guy approaches me on horseback.

INSTANCE 2

I race after the husband on foot again. I'm a little further away from where the encounter was going to take place, so I whistle for my horse. Of course, the stupid bastard is a mile behind me, so I continue to run after the husband. I dash into the clearing once more, I dead eye the four men and the rope once more. Just as I'm about to unload on all of these outlaws and save the wife, my trusty steed decides to finally catch up to me.

It was a slow motion ballet of horror. As I'm about to shoot the first bullet, my Kentucky Saddler gallops into view, arcs right in front of my rifle, and proceeds to take five bullets in its stomach. Of course, once my horse is lying dead on the ground, the outlaws rip into me and I fall dead on the ground.

I spawn in the cabin near Tall Trees. I walk outside into the camp. I turn left and round the building. My horse is giving me the biggest shit eating grin that I have ever seen. He is now going to be used as cougar bait.

elwes

CitizenCope said:
I must have had bad timing when I hit Mexico for the first time. Rainstorm, couldn't see jack squat. =/

Same here. I got the music which was nice, but a cinematic treat I did not have.

Wiggum2007

iNvidious01 said:
been trying to find the mexican zombie in mexico, cant find him.
i cant find the werewolf in tall trees either.

anyone else found these two?
apparently the werewolf only comes out on full moons

I don't think they spawn until your time spent in-game hits 200 hours, just keep playing!

Top Bottom