• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Nelo Ice

Banned
Dechaios said:
Really? :( screw that then

u lvl back up fast enough:lol

i just breezed by legend rank 2 and im already lvl 39 plus u can keep the mount u were using

so say u got the bull and u equipped it when u enter legendary mode ur stuck with crappy wpns again but at least u keep ur mount

FatBaby

Dechaios said:
Dude 30-50 still took FOREVER. Like couple hours. I wanna go do other stuff so I think 50 is a good place to stop lol...

Which reminds me... does the leveling go slower when you move into legendary?

ummo

Banned
in order to reach lvl 50, just team up with some dudes and complete over and over again the benedict point's nearest hideout., can't remember the name now.,

Dead Man

Okay, I feel left out, I can't get it to work. Fast travelling from Armadillo to Twin Rocks on PS3. Do you place the marker on the gang symbol, or on the road, or what? All that happens for me is I get placed a short way from the marker, and I have to clear out the bloody hideout.

Pikelet

Why oh why is this game not on pc. It seems like it is running at approximately 15 fps when i pan the camera around and the amount of jaggies is horrifying. Its past the point of mere annoyance to me now, let me play it in 60 fps with 8xAA like it was supposed to be.

Dead Man said:
Okay, I feel left out, I can't get it to work. Fast travelling from Armadillo to Twin Rocks on PS3. Do you place the marker on the gang symbol, or on the road, or what? All that happens for me is I get placed a short way from the marker, and I have to clear out the bloody hideout.
You have to be in a PUBLIC freeroam. If you are, switch to another one and try again.

Dead Man

Revolutionary said:
You have to be in a PUBLIC freeroam. If you are, switch to another one and try again.
Yeah, I am, I'll try migrating, see what happens. I got up to 38 before they nerfed the xp, I want some free xp! :lol

FrankT

Okay I just figured out you can do this in private, but you first have to be in a public free roam where you were doing the glitch first. I did it twice just to confirm and Fort Mercer in private is where it's at.

FrankT

Bioshocked said:
Almost everytime I press left to replay I have to kill the gang boss. How is everyone doing it so you don't have to shoot anyone?

Move to another one or another server. It's not doing it right if it does that.

Dead Man said:
Yeah, I am, I'll try migrating, see what happens. I got up to 38 before they nerfed the xp, I want some free xp! :lol

Ahhhhh I was sure when I first started playing the game I got over 3000Xp for doing pikes canyon, went from 1-7 after doing it once, now when I do it I only get 1900Xp so at least now I know why.

Going to try and do the glitch when I get home and get a level or 2 as leveling takes forever now (boring doing the same hideouts over and over)

Dead Man

Woo, works now, thansk guys. Ft Mercer it is!

WickedLaharl said:
so does this glitch work on any gang hideout?

the exp payoff for twin rocks sucks.
Yeah, but I think they are mostly the same since there is nothing but the completion XP.

GatDAMN, the game is janked to hell right now. Constant infinite load screens, invisible partners during co-op, and when I finally get a solid co-op game going, one of the guys throws Fire Bottles at everyone :|

I'll try later.

Got to 50 in under the time it took to watch Hot Fuzz. I had to change sessions twice because people kept coming to where I was to glitch it which kept stopping the glitch. Damn glitchers!!

FrankT

Bungieware said:
Got to 50 in under the time it took to watch Hot Fuzz. I had to change sessions twice because people kept coming to where I was to glitch it which kept stopping the glitch. Damn glitchers!!

Private is the new hotness. 150 levels tonight easy. If I had another hour in me it would easily be 200.

Dead Man

Jtyettis said:
Private is the new hotness. 150 levels tonight easy. If I had another hour in me it would easily be 200.
Yeah, If I get glitched by another glitcher glitching, I'll swap to private. I don't want to change anything while it's working though. I'll try for a legendary level I think, just because I've never prestiged or anything like that before.

Dizzle24

I went from level 11 to level 44 in about 30 minutes at Fort Mercer before it just stopped working. I think I pressed right by mistake. :lol :lol

Spooks

So I was playing online, joined a posse with some dudes and some weird glitch happened to where we couldn't see each other anymore. So I showed them the glitch and we are all doing it at Twin Rocks. I figured out I don't have to press anything either since they keep choosing replay :lol

FatBaby

Joba62x said:
the reload time for each is different, tumbleweed gives 500 but you can get 1200 at mercer in that amount of time

I went to Mercer and only got 400. How the hell are you getting 1,200?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
if it stops working just run around a bit outside Fort Mercer. I had to do that a couple of times. It seemed as soon as I ran out to the road it would start working again.

Got to level 50 in a bit over an hour.

Achievement unlocked. :D

Then I joined my first party of 8 (full party as far as I know) and didn't get the achievement for that. Confused.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Truelize said:
if it stops working just run around a bit outside Fort Mercer. I had to do that a couple of times. It seemed as soon as I ran out to the road it would start working again.

Got to level 50 in a bit over an hour.

Achievement unlocked. :D

Then I joined my first party of 8 (full party as far as I know) and didn't get the achievement for that. Confused.

u have to form the posses to get the achievement

RedSwirl said:
Does Red Dead suffer from the same problems? If it does I honestly doubt I'll play much of it.
RDR is probably the best Rockstar game control-wise, though it's still far from perfect. They've made a lot of upgrades since GTA IV, but they're still just making do with a poorly designed control scheme rather than building a whole new one.

For example, you still have to hold a button to run and mash it to sprint, but now you auto-run when you're in combat with your weapon drawn. And there's now a weapon wheel, so you don't have to cycle through every weapon you own one by one to get to the one you want. And the cover-based shooting is fixed; in GTA IV you'd pull the left trigger to lock-on without moving, then the right trigger to stand up and take aim and then shoot, which gave you no relation between pressing what was supposed to be the 'fire' button and your character actually firing. In RDR you stand up and aim with the left trigger and fire with the right, the way it's supposed to work.

The game would still be improved by a normal game's control scheme, but the one in RDR is far from unplayable. It doesn't cause the constant frustration that GTA IV's did, at least.

wow everything is fucked.

my horse won't come and if i attempt to enter another free roam i get kicked to the dash. i keep getting infinite loading screens also.

blarg!

Dead Man

Aaaaand... it's stopped working for me. Damn it. At least make your stuff ups reliable, R* :D

matrix-cat said:
RDR is probably the best Rockstar game control-wise, though it's still far from perfect. They've made a lot of upgrades since GTA IV, but they're still just making do with a poorly designed control scheme rather than building a whole new one.

For example, you still have to hold a button to run and mash it to sprint, but now you auto-run when you're in combat with your weapon drawn. And there's now a weapon wheel, so you don't have to cycle through every weapon you own one by one to get to the one you want. And the cover-based shooting is fixed; in GTA IV you'd pull the left trigger to lock-on without moving, then the right trigger to stand up and take aim and then shoot, which gave you no relation between pressing what was supposed to be the 'fire' button and your character actually firing. In RDR you stand up and aim with the left trigger and fire with the right, the way it's supposed to work.

The game would still be improved by a normal game's control scheme, but the one in RDR is far from unplayable. It doesn't cause the constant frustration that GTA IV's did, at least.
Yep. It is still far from good, but vastly improved on the crap that was GTA IV.

Dead Man

Revolutionary said:
Still working for me. Up to 35 Legend 1. 40-50 is such a bitch so I'm only doing it one more time. :lol
After much arseing around it is working again. I think I'll just go to 50 tonight, and if it is still working later I might go legend1. So boring for 45-50!

What's this I'm reading about pussies glitching themselves to lvl 50/Legends with one push of a button? Real men like me grinded Solomon's Folly while watching a movie! :lol

Wonderful derailing of thread because the Co-op is so borked right now we can't even play properly.

Top Bottom