• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Nelo Ice

Banned
rasberryjam said:
Yeah, I can't seem to get it to work, either.

Edit: Where'd you fast travel from?

i spawned at plainview and went to fort mercer

then it stopped working i tried another free roam and now enemies are spawning again =(

JohngPR

Beat the game last night.

What a fantastic ending.

I thought the part where
ohn was ranching was cool because the tasks were a bit on the tedious side, and I think that was completely intentional. Rockstar totally wanted you to get inside of the character and see how tedious it is for him to settle down. Pretty cool in a meta sort of way.

I was really bummed to see John Marston die since you get attached to him throughout the game.

I never had a "after the credits" moment because the first thing I did as Jack was go to Blackwater to search for Ross. LOL It was just instinctual and I was curious to see if he'd be there. Cool to see that's exactly what the game wanted you to do.

Montresor

ckohler said:
nourali2, something to be aware of: There is one stranger encounter in the game (in Mexico) where you will be asked to hitch a different horse than your own to complete it. So, you might want to skip finishing that encounter until you have this achievement. You can always complete that particular stranger encounter at any-time afterwards.

Thanks for the heads up, and thanks to the other users for responses on this issue as well.

At first I was tempted to do this but I've decided against it. Ranking up would be one of the big reasons to play the Multiplayer and getting the Ranks without trying, and enjoying, seems pointless. The only thing you'll achieve (other than unlocking the rewards and stuff) is a shorter life span for your Online experience.

Crackdown 2, Halo Reach and FIFA 11 will all be competing for time against RDR. I don't want to kill it so soon

yodajones

Neo Member
Does anybody now of a good place to find the first treasure map encounter? I've been riding around aimlessly looking for this encounter so I can start the Treasure Map missions.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
At first I was tempted to do this but I've decided against it. Ranking up would be one of the big reasons to play the Multiplayer and getting the Ranks without trying, and enjoying, seems pointless. The only thing you'll achieve (other than unlocking the rewards and stuff) is a shorter life span for your Online experience.

Crackdown 2, Halo Reach and FIFA 11 will all be competing for time against RDR. I don't want to kill it so soon

its a pain in the ass to level normally so its worth it to me that and theres like 5 legend levels that unlock legendary rewards

what in the hell is wrong with my game?

downloaded the co-op pack from the PSN Store, and now my multiplayer is fucked. i can only enter free roam, but everyone is invisible. and if i try any other game modes, the game just hangs on a loading screen and i have to quit to the XMB.

also, even worse, in single player my analog sticks stop working constantly after a load screen or after i've saved. they work in the pause menu, but not when trying to control Marston. wtf!? definitely a bug in the game, because otherwise the sticks work fine..

seriously pissed off now, game has been perfectly fine up until 70% completion, and to level 13 in multiplayer. now suddenly it's completely messed up. is the co-op pack to blame or what?

Rebel Leader said:
now I am getting the infinite loads screen, and I didn't get them eariler

ohh. i'm in the same boat then. are your analog sticks working fine in single player? i thought the problems might be related cos they both started happening to me right after downloading the co-op pack..

Radogol

yodajones said:
Does anybody now of a good place to find the first treasure map encounter? I've been riding around aimlessly looking for this encounter so I can start the Treasure Map missions.

I think you can buy treasure maps. Travel from town to town, check out the shops, and even if I'm wrong, there's a chance you'll get the encounter on the way ;)

FatBaby

lol I can't believe this actually works. :lol

Now the question is if I really want to spend the time going into Legend with this.

Nelo Ice

Banned
FatBaby said:
Yeah I know... just wondering if the mounts are worth it...

i think the mounts are worth it just so when u call urs out it'll be a buffalo or a bull and everyone else is stuck with a scrawny horse! :lol

FatBaby

Nelo Ice said:
i think the mounts are worth it just so when u call urs out it'll be a buffalo or a bull and everyone else is stuck with a scrawny horse! :lol

Yeah, but if everyone is doing this, then everyone will have it! :lol

Top Bottom