• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Beat the game:

Thought the quests after you get your family back were a waste of time, but he did go out like a gangsta at the end. I'm guessing there is a different ending if you choose to stop the horses robbing the train instead of herding cattle or if you shoot Mr. Ross during the deadeye part at the end?

Mairu

zombieshavebrains said:
Beat the game:

Thought the quests after you get your family back were a waste of time, but he did go out like a gangsta at the end. I'm guessing there is a different ending if you choose to stop the horses robbing the train instead of herding cattle or if you shoot Mr. Ross during the deadeye part at the end?
no it doesn't matter what you do for either of those it ends the same

Dead Man

CozMick said:
I'm surprised to see this amount of glitchers/exploiters on these forums tbh.

Worst kind of gamer in my opinion!
Meh, R*'s fault for nerfing the XP, I got to 38 legitimately, so fuck em. :D

MrTroubleMaker said:
it's working for me :D I hate grinding
Yep, I'm back in business. I just had to find a public free roam with people already doing it for it to work.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Dead Man said:
Meh, R*'s fault for nerfing the XP, I got to 38 legitimately, so fuck em. :D

Yep, I'm back in business. I just had to find a public free roam with people already doing it for it to work.

What do you do when a lending agency lowers your interest rate?

Oni Jazar

I think I screwed up....

(Major near end spoilers)

After watching Dutch fall to his death I was told to head home but there was two violet flowers nearby that I needed so I jumped off my horse to get 'em. Then I noticed a song fading away. Did I just miss a cool song? Can I replay the mission to get it or do I need to go to an earlier save?

Also what do you get for filling up the fame bar?

Revolutionary said:
Why is there a huge pile of minecarts in Gaptooth Breach? :lol

This glitch is screwing up everything, I swear. From no wildlife appearing to all domesticated horses being MIA to the infinite XP... :lol
Plus there's like 7 gatling guns stacked outside Fort Mercer :lol
GraveRobberX said:
Lets see if I have it in me to get legend 4 level 50 tonight lol
I sure did

Dead Man

Oni Jazar said:
I think I screwed up....

After watching Dutch fall to his death I was told to head home but there was two violet flowers nearby that I needed so I jumped off my horse to get 'em. Then I noticed a song fading away. Did I just miss a cool song? Can I replay the mission to get it or do I need to go to an earlier save?

Yeah, you did miss a great song... I think they screwed up making the songs so context dependant. They should just play no matter what the player does.

Arcipello

Oni Jazar said:
I think I screwed up....

yes you indeed missed a lovely song, if you have a save game just before that mission you could redo otherwise you havent missed much.

CozMick said:
I'm surprised to see this amount of glitchers/exploiters on these forums tbh.

Worst kind of gamer in my opinion!

Can't we make a new topic only about the cheats and glitching .

And at the and of the week put a rope around it and drown them all in a bucket of ban water :D

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
CaseyTappy said:
Can't we make a new topic only about the cheats and glitching .

And at the and of the week put a rope around it and drown them all in a bucket of ban water :D

We know you are doing it too, nice try. :D

Hey guys, I can't play until later this evening (I pray they don't patch it before then), but I'm a bit confused as to how the glitch works. Mind if I ask a few questions?

1) You set a waypoint at a hideout, and use a transport sign to teleport there, and you instantly clear it? Then just press replay, and it instantly clears it again? Is that right?

2) I noticed some people are saying that it doesn't work for them. You just go to a different teleport sign and use that right?

3) Does this have to be done in a Public game, or does it work in Private too?

4) Which hideout gives the best XP?

5) What's this some people are saying about getting stuck on loading screens? Is that related to the glitch? How do you avoid it?

Sorry for the question overload, but I'm really anxious to do this tonight before Rockstar patch it, as grinding in this game is boring as hell, and I just need to get multiplayer achievements now for the full 1000.

Thanks guys.

Horsebite said:
Coop mission pack is absolutely awesome!
I've only played one mission so far with a friend and LAWD it was hard :lol

And I'm not one for bitching about XP, but it sucks that you don't get all the XP that is up in the top right, like you do in Gang Hideouts. I think after the one I did, my money was almost rolling into the $2500 range, but afterwards we were only rewarded about $1200 each. I would have got more than that doing Pike's Basin in 5 minutes.

Edit:
Rebel Leader said:
but the exp glitch is awesomer :lol

Wat? o.0 is there a way to exploit XP? I would love to level up faster :D

Edit 2:

Didn't see this

Ben2749 said:
1) You set a waypoint at a hideout, and use a transport sign to teleport there, and you instantly clear it? Then just press replay, and it instantly clears it again? Is that right?

2) I noticed some people are saying that it doesn't work for them. You just go to a different teleport sign and use that right?

3) Does this have to be done in a Public game, or does it work in Private too?

4) Which hideout gives the best XP?

5) What's this some people are saying about getting stuck on loading screens? Is that related to the glitch? How do you avoid it?

1. Yes pretty much, you can set waypoints anywhere on the map though, not just gang hideouts. When you press replay it spawns you just outside the hideout area and all the enemies respawn.

2. Not sure about this, it's been working fine for me...

3. Both, gang hideouts and the teleport system are exactly the same in both public and private games.

4. It used to be Solomon's Folly (PS3) but they patched it. Pike's Basin (PS3 and Xbox) gives a hefty amount, and once you're experienced in that hideout you can complete it in about 6 minutes, with an average of 1920 or so XP a time. (Not sure if it's the best though, but certainly one of them)

5. Danno :|

Rebel Leader

public free roam -> set waypoint on twin rocks -> use fast travel sign -> instant win -> hit left on DPAD to replay -> loop

fort mercer is better but it only supports 1 person,

fort mercer is 400 exp every 1.3 seconds

Twin rocks is 400 exp every 3 seconds

-------

if you get the infinite load screen, go to single player->private free roam -> public free roam(or your desired mode)

Rebel Leader said:
public free roam -> set waypoint on twin rocks -> use fast travel sign -> instant win -> hit left on DPAD to replay -> loop

fort mercer is better but it only supports 1 person,

fort mercer is 400 exp every 1.3 seconds

Twin rocks is 400 exp every 3 seconds

-------

if you get the infinite load screen, go to single player->private free roam -> public free roam(or your desired mode)

Sweet, thanks. I pray this still works later today. Even if Rockstar manage to revert everybody back to their pre-glitch XP (which apparently happened with a similar glitch in Aliens Versus Preadtor), I'll be happy just so long as I get the achievement for hitting level 50.

Rebel Leader

Ben2749 said:
Sweet, thanks. I pray this still works later today. Even if Rockstar manage to revert everybody back to their pre-glitch XP (which apparently happened with a similar glitch in Aliens Versus Preadtor), I'll be happy just so long as I get the achievement for hitting level 50.

but in avp was your multiplayer level in the HDD? =3

Olivero

I really loved this game. Just wow.

John Marston is the man.

I really love the character development through the story, like in Mexico I absolutely hated the missions except for the gunslinger ones, and I kept thinking, why would you do this? Why why why? Then it hit me. John Marston didn't want to be there as much as I did. Very cool moment. He went out like a champ. I'm meh on Jack, his voice is annoying.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just hit Mexico, completed two missions with Rickets. Without the spoilers, where about am I? Half way? A bit past?

Loving the game so far but I keep getting distracted on strangers questing. :lol

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
Regarding the end game:

Does anyone know what kind of horse you have when you start as Jack? I want to buy the deed, but don't want to buy every deed to figure out which it is.

I thought the whole end game was awesome and done very well. Did they really record Jack's voice for every stranger mission just in case you didn't do them during the main game? I'm impressed.

DarkKyo

Cday said:
This constitutes a Tak Fuji WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Can't even load the fucking game.
*you'll be sucked*
RichardAM said:
Just hit Mexico, completed two missions with Rickets. Without the spoilers, where about am I? Half way? A bit past?

Loving the game so far but I keep getting distracted on strangers questing. :lol
Probably 1/3 the way through the game. There is a whole 'nother land you have not seen yet.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
RichardAM said:

I would say the game is about 40 hours long if you do most of the stranger missions, most challenges and play along without fast traveling. You can check the time you played and base it off that.

FatBaby

So I saw Rockstar tweet about fixing "problems with Red Dead Redemption multiplayer" and that it is live right now.

Is the XP glitch still there?

FrankT

It's fixed and man did they nerf the XP from pre DLC. I would get about 1000 or so for every Twin Rocks clear now it's 5-600 at best.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Jtyettis said:
It's fixed and man did they nerf the XP from pre DLC. I would get about 1000 or so for every Twin Rocks clear now it's 5-600 at best.

so they reduced it again?

owlbeak

Found out you can get more than 4 people in the coop missions and it works just fine. Have a bunch of people in free roam, start a posse with four and start a coop mission. While you're sitting in the class selection area, invite other people and they can join up with no issues and everyone gets XP at the end, the only problem is when it loads the next coop mission it will hang on the loading screen.

We had 7 people playing the one where you have to rescue the chick from Fort Mercer. :D

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I did one in mexico the other day, not sure which exactly, and I thought I got over 1000 total with bonuses, does that sound about right? I was by myself if that matters.

For fuck's sake; I only just started playing, and now it's fixed. I just wanted to get to 50 for the achievement, and then they could have fixed it, took back any XP you earned while glitching, whatever. I wouldn't give a shit.

Christ, they need to BOOST the amount of XP you get in this game. Multiplayer is nowhere near as fun as they seem to think. Getting to level 50 legit is tedious and long-winded as hell.

Not to mention, in a game absolutely crammed full of glitches, they fix the one that peoplem actually like. The fact that it "breaks" the game would make sense if it were something like Call of Duty, but it's not. Why they even bothered with an XP system is beyond me.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
RichardAM said:

We're on the same pace. I'm tired of doing missions tbh. I wanted to jump online and get the free XP but it's gone :|

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ben2749 said:
For fuck's sake; I only just started playing, and now it's fixed. I just wanted to get to 50 for the achievement, and then they could have fixed it, took back any XP you earned while glitching, whatever. I wouldn't give a shit.

Christ, they need to BOOST the amount of XP you get in this game. Multiplayer is nowhere near as fun as they seem to think. Getting to level 50 legit is tedious and long-winded as hell.

Not to mention, in a game absolutely crammed full of glitches, they fix the one that peoplem actually like. The fact that it "breaks" the game would make sense if it were something like Call of Duty, but it's not. Why they even bothered with an XP system is beyond me.

I'm so glad I don't give two shits about achievements so I don't have to rage about things like this.

Alucrid

Banned
They made it harder? Poooooooooorquuuuuuuue!? Well, if anyone's doing these missions feel free to invite me. My friends are waiting on another friend before they start. :|

Co-op mission pack is a lot of fun. The mission in the thunderstorm with cannons firing down your back is insane.

It would've been cool to see these mission integrated into the regular free roam so that you would see players on these missions while you're just strolling along the countryside. I guess that's asking for a little too much on the current generation.

PS: The gunplay in this game is so satisfying. It may not be as "fun" to control as something like Uncharted 2, but landing a headshot, or busting some fool up with a Shotgun is so good. The combination of Euphoria, and the sound of the guns is perfect.

Top Bottom