• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

yeah of course, gameplay over grahpics. however, if graphics are better on another platform when it doesn't have to be, it's something to complain about. who likes being short changed.

moai

Mik2121 said:
BTW I like how every time the 360 gets some exclusive content it's everywhere, but when the PS3 gets it, nobody talks about it..

And yeah, RDR for PS3 has exclusive content.

been posted in this thread already and talked numerous times. the thread is moving to quick i guess.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
2z4w8dj.png

I was going to change my avatar to something of this nature, but got bored and decided against it.

Someone can have this thing if they want. So long as it doesn't conflict with some other avatar.

Or with a logo:
2ir7t6q.png

MercuryLS

Banned
EvaPlusMinus said:
2z4w8dj.png

I was going to change my avatar to something of this nature, but got bored and decided against it.

Someone can have this thing if they want. So long as it doesn't conflict with some other avatar.

Or with a logo:
2ir7t6q.png

Is that horse shitting blood?

Mik2121

moai said:
been posted in this thread already and talked numerous times. the thread is moving to quick i guess.
I know it's been posted. Talked numerous times, though? I hardly doubt that. Someone quoted it back when it was posted some 10-15 (?) pages ago and that's it. I know some people already has the PS3 version, we should get some info regarding this content sometime soon...

GeoramA

Mik2121 said:
BTW I like how every time the 360 gets some exclusive content it's everywhere, but when the PS3 gets it, nobody talks about it..
Joker DLC got a lot of talk, but most of it was anger and confusion from the media.

RDR costume is being totally ignored, though. Wouldn't have even known about it if wasn't for this thread. :lol

NG28

Mik2121 said:
I know it's been posted. Talked numerous times, though? I hardly doubt that. Someone quoted it back when it was posted some 10-15 (?) pages ago and that's it. I know some people already has the PS3 version, we should get some info regarding this content sometime soon...
It's just an outfit and a hideout right? Nothing to make a huge deal about.

Mik2121 said:
I know some people already has the PS3 version, we should get some info regarding this content sometime soon...

Magnus' version didn't come with the exclusive content sticker so it's presumed to be for the US only copies. Not sure what kind of info you're expecting to see, it's just an outfit and another gang stronghold to clear out of which there are already many.

Mik2121

NG28 said:
It's just an outfit and a hideout right? Nothing to make a huge deal about.
I know it's nothing to make a huge deal about. But we know just about.. NOTHING regarding this content. I don't even know what does that hideout involves. Just an extra location where some mission happens? Or just the location itself where you can steal some stuff and do whatever.. or what? :p

rvy said:
Can you keep free-roaming after you finish the main game? Like in GTA.

I don't even have the game nor anything, but the answer to that is YES.

Mik2121 said:
I know it's nothing to make a huge deal about. But we know just about.. NOTHING regarding this content. I don't even know what does that hideout involves. Just an extra location where some mission happens? Or just the location itself where you can steal some stuff and do whatever.. or what? :p

It's a gang hideout, check out what R* says about them:

ganghideouts.jpg

Just like in the single-player experience, some areas of the multiplayer world are overrun by bandits. Gather up your posse or any other players in Free Roam, ride out to find the hideouts and take those scurrilous bandits down.

Artex said:
Here is the outfit:

http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_231414.jpg[IMG]

You will be happy to see that it makes him look like Bill Cuttling...[/QUOTE]

Don't think it's even confirmed to be that outfit because as you can see that isn't Marston in the picture, rumored to look like that though.

I just got the game for PS3 today. Messed around with it for an hour. Graphics are beautiful although in some areas, particularly the towns, you notice more aliasing and some texture crawl. Marston's model looks good. You can see the veins in his hands. Overall textures have been sharp, except the first fort I arrived at, there is a cutscene and some of the wall textures looked a bit bland, but nothing obtrusive.

I think I can see some form of edge smoothing. It looks like there is a variety of adaptive anti-aliasing happening. Some edges look jaggy, and other edges that should look jaggy, don't. Performance has been wonderful. Nice improvement from GTA4. Really enjoying it so far. Although the beginning kind of sucks because you have to play along, if you take off with a horse into the sunset you "fail the mission" and die.

Artex

Banned
Death Dealer said:
I just got the game for PS3 today. Messed around with it for an hour. Graphics are beautiful although in some areas, particularly the towns, you notice more aliasing and some texture crawl. Marston's model looks good. You can see the veins in his hands. Overall textures have been sharp, except the first fort I arrived at, there is a cutscene and some of the wall textures looked a bit bland, but nothing obtrusive.

I think I can see some form of edge smoothing. It looks like there is a variety of adaptive anti-aliasing happening. Some edges look jaggy, and other edges that should look jaggy, don't. Performance has been wonderful. Nice improvement from GTA4. Really enjoying it so far. Although the beginning kind of sucks because you have to play along, if you take off with a horse into the sunset you "fail the mission" and die.

So framerate is solid then you are saying? Better than GTAIV? Not that I had a problem with GTAIV's framerate, just makes a good benchmark.

Frame rate is solid, so far. I haven't got into any huge shootouts, but just riding around the first ranch on the horse and stealing wagons and such, I haven't noticed any frame drops or tearing. And the horses can really move. I was surprised by that. The scenery flys by.

BeeDog

Death Dealer said:
Frame rate is solid, so far. I haven't got into any huge shootouts, but just riding around the first ranch on the horse and stealing wagons and such, I haven't noticed any frame drops or tearing.

Does the game look sub-HD to you (e.g. very soft, fuzzy look)?

Meh, dunno why I'm even asking, it's probably a given on the PS3.

DeadCell

So does anyone know if we can hunt for treasure in the free roam or is it only available in single player? I'd love to go treasure hunting with my posse. :D

Pooya

Magnus said:
There are people waiting on shit like 'resolution tests' to decide whether or not to buy the game?

Christ. Smh
it's a valid concern for multi console owners, why not get the better version? remember FFXIII, it was good to know the differences.

Mik2121

Death Dealer said:
Frame rate is solid, so far. I haven't got into any huge shootouts, but just riding around the first ranch on the horse and stealing wagons and such, I haven't noticed any frame drops or tearing. And the horses can really move. I was surprised by that. The scenery flys by.
That's more than enough, thanks.

Can't wait for this game :___)

Magnus

miladesn said:
it's a valid concern for multi console owners, why not get the better version? remember FFXIII, it was good to know the differences.
I misunderstood, thought they meant about whether or not to buy the game at all, haha.

Ben Sones

sw33tclyde said:
Isn't it just timed exclusive though?

I thought that's what everyone said a page or two back.

One person claiming to be a Rockstar employee said that a few pages back, but looking at the things that person said and how they said them, the consensus was that it is very unlikely that they are legit. So it's an unconfirmed rumor at best, and quite probably false.

Rikyfree

Death Dealer said:

Dunno if this has been answered, can you use custom soundtracks on the ps3 version?

BeeDog said:
Does the game look sub-HD to you (e.g. very soft, fuzzy look)?

Meh, dunno why I'm even asking, it's probably a given on the PS3.

Hard to say. Overall, I think the graphics look better than GTA4. Nothing looks "fuzzy", and Marston's model looks sharper than Nico's, but the jaggies do stand out considerably in a few places. I noticed them more around the buildings of the first ranch. When I was out in the wilderness riding a trail, the IQ was especially nice.

Death Dealer said:
Hard to say. Overall, I think the graphics look better than GTA4. Nothing looks "fuzzy", and Marston's model looks sharper than Nico's, but the jaggies do stand out considerably in a few places. I noticed them more around the buildings of the first ranch. When I was out in the wilderness riding a trail, the IQ was especially nice.

Is it possible for you to test for custom soundtracks? :D

Jaggies won't bother me, but if the image looks like it has Vaseline smeared all over it would. GTAIV for the most part looked really good, but it had this smear look to it that bothered me.

miladesn said:

It shouldn't, ps3 online gaming is abysmal. Even on Demon's Souls (which has great online) it was frustrating that there wasn't voice chat. Me and my friend put each other on speaker phone on our phones to make it work. Why does that have to be necessary in this day in age of gaming? Bleh, makes me sick.

And yes I know, RDR will most likely have voice support on the ps3. But how many non-PC gamer ps3 owners own a nice usb headset to go along with it? Not many. (Plus you're tethered to the damn console)

Pennybags

Just watched a stream get nuked almost instantly. Rockstar ninjas are really putting the pressure on those broadcasters.

The streamer thought that naming the channel "Red Dead Revolver" would help delay the inevitable... :lol

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
RadicalRad said:
It shouldn't, ps3 online gaming is abysmal. Even on Demon's Souls (which has great online) it was frustrating that there wasn't voice chat. Me and my friend put each other on speaker phone on our phones to make it work. Why does that have to be necessary in this day in age of gaming? Bleh, makes me sick.

And yes I know, RDR will most likely have voice support on the ps3. But how many non-PC gamer ps3 owners own a nice usb headset to go along with it? Not many. (Plus you're tethered to the damn console)

Demon's Souls not having voice chat was a design decision by the developers, not a limitation of the system. You're not meant to be able to communicate.

And tethered to the console while voice-chatting? It's called a bluetooth headset, yo. Might not be as nice as a full headset, but it works just fine.

I don't really think your arguments hold up.

Seraphis Cain said:
Demon's Souls not having voice chat was a design decision by the developers, not a limitation of the system. You're not meant to be able to communicate.

And tethered to the console while voice-chatting? It's called a bluetooth headset, yo. Might not be as nice as a full headset, but it works just fine.

I don't really think your arguments hold up.

Still the use of GameSpy servers would be enough to persuade me into buying a 360 copy.

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Is it possible for you to test for custom soundtracks? :D

I sort of looked in the options and didn't see anything. I don't have an instruction manual or box. Only the disc. Guy I got it from has a relative in the business.
Sorry for the crappy pic quality, I had to use the camera on my netbook.

2vbooj6.jpg

21oa7g8.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The same shitty non-analog, tap the button to run garbage? What is this, 1998? R2 and L2 to shoot on PS3. Looks like if I get it, it's probably for 360.

MercuryLS

Banned
Magnus said:
There are people waiting on shit like 'resolution tests' to decide whether or not to buy the game?

Christ. Smh

"Hardcore" gamers are a weird bunch.

From what I've read it seems like both versions are pretty comparable, so you really can't go wrong with either one. I still haven't decided which machine to get it on...

newsguy

I'm just gonna say this, Texas Hold Em' alone took like an hour of my day lol. And the one time I busted out everyone got shot up.

Teknoman

Death Dealer said:
I sort of looked in the options and didn't see anything. I don't have an instruction manual or box. Only the disc. Guy I got it from has a relative in the business.
Sorry for the crappy pic quality, I had to use the camera on my netbook.

2vbooj6.jpg

21oa7g8.jpg

By custom soundtracks, I think he means the XMB music player. At least thats how most PS3 games seem to have custom soundtracks, aside from Wipeout HD and a few others.

Rikyfree

Death Dealer said:
I sort of looked in the options and didn't see anything. I don't have an instruction manual or box.
Just go to the in game xmb and select some music to play, if it works, great. If not, oh well.

Top Bottom