• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Loxley

Definity said:
I got lucky and scored this game earlier today for 360. Install or no? IIRC didn't GTAIV have performance issues when installed?

I never came across any, after playing (installed) GTA IV and the two Episodes from Liberty City for a total of 60-some hours.

Gravijah

Seanspeed said:
I'd say that what constitutes being 'pertinent' would be different from person to person, but I'll just apologize to keep the peace. Just tryin to be helpful....

Just teasing you, friend. Relax. ;)

Dabanton

evilCookie said:
has there been any information detailing the technical differences, or lack thereof, between the PS3 and 360 versions?

lol this question comes up every other page.

We won't know anything until the usual suspects get their hands on the game so Digital Foundry,B3D and their ilk.

Though both versions from what has been seen on the streams look good.

Loudninja

Dabanton said:
lol this question comes up every other page.

We won't know anything until the usual suspects get their hands on the game so Digital Foundry,B3D and their ilk.

Though both versions from what has been seen on the streams look good.
I have not seen a PS3 stream yet.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Which version is the best.........................................................................................................................

Atari 2600 or Intellvision....

MMaRsu

Gah my internet fucked up again last night..got to watch the stream for about an hour though :D. Now I picked up Alan Wake LE for 56 euro's, got me some weed and gonna play the shit out of that till I get RDR <3.

RS4-

Definity said:
I got lucky and scored this game earlier today for 360. Install or no? IIRC didn't GTAIV have performance issues when installed?
Install. I haven't seen any GTA-like popup, or at least anything too obvious like buildings and cars appearing out of thin air.

And because your 360 won't sound like an airplane takin off.

Getting mauled by a cougar wasn't fun though!

Tried to take a perp alive; tied him up, put him on my horse and I tried to get away.
Random thugs appear, kill my horse and I'm forced to fight off dozens of dudes until I was able to whistle for another steed.
I couldn't take a random one, he'd run off again lol. I think it took me 15 mins to complete :lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Germany

fa37r4.jpg

MMaRsu

Seanspeed said:
I'd say that what constitutes being 'pertinent' would be different from person to person, but I'll just apologize to keep the peace. Just tryin to be helpful....

Gravijah was making a joke towards you though :lol

People please no pixel counters itt :lol
Can I get a PM for a stream please? :)preferably on Ustream instead of JTV

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are we talking about that stream from ustream with over 1650 viewers?

If not a PM would be much appreciated. :D

MercuryLS

Banned
Damn I went to go get this game at my usual source for early releases, it was a no go :(

I guess tuesday it is, man I can't wait for this.

Barrett2

In NYC there are lots of ads above subway entrances.

IIRC there was a commercial for the game before Iron Man 2 last week in the theater.

Definity said:

Someone in the thread said they installed to their HDD and it's running fine. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. Might I ask what size your HDD is as well?

It was posted that GTA4 came out before the install-to-HDD feature was implemented, so that might be the reason for it. Another said that it was 20 gig HDDs that GTA4 didn't work well on, hence my size question.

Kinyou

Reckoner said:
Surprised... That the game is allowed to be sold in Germany.

I'm suprised that the USK(german rating) logo doesn't cover up half of the picture...

Just look how freaking huge it on the cover is.

43873_1_k.jpg

Barrett2

I just thought of another awesome thing i want to do in the game. Ride my horse onto some tracks, wait till a train is bearing down on me, and jump off just in time to see my horse get smashed. Is this possible? If not, how did R* not anticipate this and code accordingly?

lawblob said:
I just thought of another awesome thing i want to do in the game. Ride my horse onto some tracks, wait till a train is bearing down on me, and jump off just in time to see my horse get smashed. Is this possible? If not, how did R* not anticipate this and code accordingly?

You can jump off while moving, so it'd be possible. From the impressions of people watching hogtied NPCs get splattered on the tracks it sounds quite possible.

Dresden

lawblob said:
Horse killer? Your kind ain't welcome 'round these parts.

Still waiting for MazingerDude to show up and post the inevitable PS3 sub-hd pic.
I suppose there still is no good quality footage available to determine the resolution.

Btw, will there be a comparison thread for RdR? Considering the masses of people asking about the PS3 version here, the OT sure would turn into a fanboy war without.

Top Bottom