• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

CecilRousso said:
The biq questions for me are:

1. Are the main missions more varied than in GTA4?
2. Is there anything meaningful to do in the gameworld besides the main missions? Or ist just collecting a bunch of stuff and cut&paste side quests?

Check the OP?

miladesn said:
Do we know if the 360 version runs @ 720p or not? it can be subHD too.

img20100516183425.jpg

720P 2 x MSAA

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Is that a framebuffer capture? Impressive, It actually looks as good as a bullshot.

MacBosse

MazingerDUDE said:
720P 2 x MSAA

I'm no pro, but it looks like the PS3 version has alot more jaggies.

Regardless, the game still looks awesome and will surely be as good on any platform for the people who doesn't count pixels while playing.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
MazingerDUDE said:
In fact, Rockstar has never released any bullshots for RDR.
WTF? No way, the AF is stunning in some captures. RDR might have just outdone Alan Wake then.

Dennis

Banned
The framebuffer capture screen looks good. 720p with 2x MSAA is nice for a HD console game.

Shame about the lack of AF - it is quite noticeable that the ground textures goes blurry in the distance. Apart from that, the texture work seems nice. GTA IV had good textures too.

Yoshi256

Banned
The game will be released in two days and still no online reviews out?
Alan Wake, that will be also released on the 18th, has already 51 reviews on Metacritic.

Seriously, you guys have gone off the the deep end with how great this game looks, frothing like you are 10 years old. Does it look great (on the 360 and of course gimped from full on nirvana like always) sure it does. Is it so much better than anything else (on the PS3) not so much. I am sure it is a pretty damn good game but when it's subHD with no AA on the beast that is the PS3 NO ******* THANKS. I'll wait for the fall and christmas and the 1st party to blow me away. God I love the Old West and GOD I hate Microsoft.

360 engines have ruined this Gen for multiplats. I can only hope for a PC version and some money to buy a PC in the next year or so (here I come M$). No way I'm playing a 540p game or even 640p of this caliber without AA on my 42" local dimmer. It will undoubtably look like crap. I can barely stand Ratchet and Clank and that is like 640p or something, and the cartoon visuals save it as does 60fps. Whatever. Rockstar is a big big BIG grisly senile boner imo and they are using an engine that is outdated and almost not compatible with the Cell's prowess.

Gravijah

lagoonalight said:
Seriously, you guys have gone off the the deep end with how great this game looks, frothing like you are 10 years old. Does it look great (on the 360) sure it does. Is it so much better than anything else (on the PS3) not so much. I am sure it is a pretty damn good game but when it's subHD with no AA on the beast that is the PS3 NO ******* THANKS. I'll wait for the fall and christman and the 1st party to blow me away. God I love the Old West and GOD I hate Microsoft.

360 engines have ruined this Gen for multiplats. I can only hope for a PC version and some money to buy a PC in the next year or so (here I come M$). No way I'm playing a 540p game or even 640p of this caliber without AA on my 42" local dimmer. It will undoubtably look like crap. I can barely stand Ratchet and Clank and that is like 640p or something, and the cartoon visuals save it as does 60fps. Whatever. Rockstar is a big big BIG grisly senile boner imo and they are using an engine that is outdated and almost not compatible with the Cell's prowess.

Yeah dude, take your fanboy shit somewhere else please. Fyi, it's not a "360 engine" it's a "multiplatform" engine.

MacBosse

lagoonalight said:
Seriously, you guys have gone off the the deep end with how great this game looks, frothing like you are 10 years old. Does it look great (on the 360) sure it does. Is it so much better than anything else (on the PS3) not so much. I am sure it is a pretty damn good game but when it's subHD with no AA on the beast that is the PS3 NO ******* THANKS. I'll wait for the fall and christman and the 1st party to blow me away. God I love the Old West and GOD I hate Microsoft.

... ooooook.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
lagoonalight said:
Seriously, you guys have gone off the the deep end with how great this game looks, frothing like you are 10 years old. Does it look great (on the 360 and of course gimped from full on nirvana like always) sure it does. Is it so much better than anything else (on the PS3) not so much. I am sure it is a pretty damn good game but when it's subHD with no AA on the beast that is the PS3 NO ******* THANKS. I'll wait for the fall and christman and the 1st party to blow me away. God I love the Old West and GOD I hate Microsoft.

Stick to PC games mate seriously.

Gravijah said:
Yeah dude, take your fanboy shit somewhere else please. Fyi, it's not a "360 engine" it's a "multiplatform" engine.

Seriously, R* even had two teams, one for each platform..

IIRC the review embargo ends Monday(17th)

Yoshi256

Banned
Gravijah said:
Important question time: Any idea which version would look better on an SDTV? :lol Some games are hard as fuck to see on them.

I always prefer the Xbox 360 on my SDTV and keep the PS3 on the HDTV of my brother.

Patrick Bateman said:
Wait, do I get this right that the 360-version looks better than the PS3-version?

we're not sure yet, but i guess rockstar has a reason for not showing ps3 stuff.
I'm GUESSING they want to sell as many (ps3 copies) as they can before the real comparisson get out.

I played GTA4 on the ps3, and although i thought it sould have looked better, i still think it looked great in motion.

Dennis

Banned
lagoonalight said:
Seriously, you guys have gone off the the deep end with how great this game looks, frothing like you are 10 years old. Does it look great (on the 360 and of course gimped from full on nirvana like always) sure it does. Is it so much better than anything else (on the PS3) not so much. I am sure it is a pretty damn good game but when it's subHD with no AA on the beast that is the PS3 NO ******* THANKS. I'll wait for the fall and christman and the 1st party to blow me away. God I love the Old West and GOD I hate Microsoft.

Bru

lagoonalight said:

This is a meme right?
Please God tell me this is just a meme and that he's not really serious?

GreekWolf

lagoonalight said:

Gentlemen, we haz meltdowns :lol

I shouldn't laugh too much. I was incredibly pissed about the Ghostbusters fiasco, and the sloppy FF hack job.

Yeah, you guys settle for this. I will not. Nor will I support Rockstar and their outdated trashy 360 engine. Never did never will. KZ3 where are you?

Also, do you have to quote the entire post for your 5 word responses? Jesus ******* Christ! My unedited post has now taken up half the page. Sweet.

Dennis

Banned
lagoonalight said:
Yeah, you guys settle for this. I will not. Nor will I support Rockstar and their outdated trashy 360 engine. Never did never will. KZ3 where are you?
Seriously man, calm down. Did you not see the framebuffer pic above? It looks good on the 360, it is not a trashy engine.

lagoonalight said:

Also, do you have to quote the entire post for your 5 word responses? Jesus ******* Christ! My unedited post has now taken up half the page. Sweet.

33ubjhv_th.jpg

Always-honest said:
we're not sure yet, but i guess rockstar has a reason for not showing ps3 stuff.
I'm GUESSING they want to sell as many (ps3 copies) as they can before the real comparisson get out.

I played GTA4 on the ps3, and although i thought it sould have looked better, i still think it looked great in motion.

Shit like this scares me. :(

Gravijah

lagoonalight said:

So basically you never had interest in this game, and the only reason you came here is to troll.

Rikyfree

lagoonalight said:

Ummm oookkkaaaaayyyy.....

bailout.gif

BAILOUT!!!

Well I pretty much knew this was going to happen and YES this is a meltdown even though I saw it coming. Mazinger is rarely if ever wrong and he is saying it looks VERY subHD. Good god I cannot wait until HD actually means full on 1080p for every game so this never has to happen again.

I held out hope with R's post about what they have learned on the PS3.

FLACKIN LIES LIES LIES! This engine was built for the turd that is the 360 and as such I will now kill the entire world with my mind.

Wait for it....

Gravijah

lagoonalight said:
Well I pretty much knew this was going to happen and YES this is a meltdown even though I saw it coming. Mazinger is rarely if ever wrong and he is saying it looks VERY subHD. Good god I cannot wait until HD actually means full on 1080p for every game so this never has to happen again.

Sell your PS3, buy a PC. There you go, breh.

lagoonalight said:

If this aint fanboyism I dont know what is.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
So I take it the game has no awful blur filter then? it took me a few days for my eyes to adjust to GTA4.

Tonza

lagoonalight said:

I held out hope with R's post about what they have learned on the PS3.

FLACKIN LIES LIES LIES! This engine was built for the turd that is the 360 and as such I will now kill the entire world with my mind.

Wait for it....

:lol

bravo sir, bravo

Pooya

lagoonalight said:

it's not a trashy engine, there is no open world game out there that looks as detailed as GTAIV and RDR, with massive world and no loading, it's a completely different game than Killzone.
R* is making a PS3 exclusive game with the same engine FYI (Agent).
Anyone? Would be nice to know if there's time to order either one of the versions.
17th IIRC.

Dude, don't even worry about the reviews. This will be 90 to 94 on Meta and the inevitable analysis on Eurogamer will give Ritchie boy his cum to swallow as he shites himself over the 360 version and 'politely' notes how this engine just doesn't work for the PS3. END OF STORY.

Gravijah

miladesn said:
it's not a trashy engine, there is no open world game out there that looks as detailed as GTAIV and RDR, with massive world and now loading, it's a completely different game than Killzone.
R* is making a PS3 exclusive game with the same engine FYI (Agent).

I will now, with my mind, make lagoon have a 180 degree change of heart.

Patrick Bateman said:
Anyone? Would be nice to know if there's time to order either one of the versions.

You must have missed my stealth edit. I'm pretty sure they come out Monday, though it's possible they are dropping Tuesday, as my memory isn't the greatest right now.

Bru

lagoonalight said:

Come on, it was pure comedy gold! Stuff like that begs to be repeated ;-)

Top Bottom