• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Raistlin

Raistlin said:
So, is there any sort of consensus on which pre-order bonus is the best?

I'm considering Amazon since you get a bonus AND $10 off (well, future purchase) ... but the horse and dead-eye bonuses seem like they could be a bit more useful? Are they going to be available for purchase?

anyone?

UrbanRats

sw33tclyde said:
I just stumbled upon some interesting info from the reddead.net forums. Someone streaming pulled up the cheat menu and a clever poster screenprinted it. Here's the list of cheats they could decipher from the shit quality stream:

Invincibility
Infinite Dead Eye
Infinite Horse Stamina
Infinite Ammo
Every Shot Counts
Money
Donkey Rider
Horse
Coach
Diplomatic Immunity
Increase Bounty
Decrease Bounty
Clear Bounty
Gun Set 1
Gun Set 2
Gun Set 3
Gun set 4
Punchout
Famous?
???
Good Guy
Bad guy
So So Guy
Change Weather
Beast Master
???
Old School.
Guns Blazing.
???
???
Sharp Dressed Man
Man In Uniform
???
Lewis And Clark
Jack Attack
Right To Bear Arms.
???

The names don't really spoil anything, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

Oh and for all of you guys looking for streams, they have a section of their forums dedicated to that so head over there.
They sounds great.
Will they be obtainable only using Social Network?
Are they going to be available for purchase?
We don't know yet, but it seems to me, they are leaving too much stuff out of the game:
preorder bonuses, the 2 extra costumes that were not voted(Hunter and Savvy Merchant)and now the exclusive stuff for PS3... i can see a pack coming as DLC in the future.

Raistlin said:

I've seen on other msg boards the deadly assassin outfit seems to be the favorite and no one knows, but it's assumed, that everything unlocks at some point. I take that back, who knows if it unlocks or not.

UrbanRats said:
We don't know yet, but it seems to me, they are leaving too much stuff out of the game:
preorder bonuses, the 2 extra costumes that were not voted(Hunter and Savvy Merchant)and now the exclusive stuff for PS3... i can see a pack coming as DLC in the future.

No doubt about DLC not to mention there will be unlocks for social club members they've confirmed.

UrbanRats said:

I thought all that stuff could just be unlocked throughout the course of the game...In fact, I could've sworn I saw a message about the Hunter outfit in the stream with the burned copy.

Kittonwy

Banned
Just pre-ordered it today.
Indifferent2.gif

UrbanRats

Net_Wrecker said:
I thought all that stuff could just be unlocked throughout the course of the game...In fact, I could've sworn I saw a message about the Hunter outfit in the stream with the burned copy.
Well, i'll just say: i want it all.
I'm just a greedy mofo. :lol

Artex

Banned
Gexecuter said:
Wow the transformers-for-funn dude put a tied guy into the train tracks, while he was waiting for the train a guy comes running out of nowhere, he shoots hims and it turns he was a prisoner or something because he was being followed by two cops, the two cops just stand there talking while all of the sudden the train comes and runs over the cops and the poor tied dude :lol awesome

What happened when the train hit the guy? Corpse goes flying? Gibs?

G_Berry

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Go with the top hat, exclusive hideout version (PS3). Even if PS3 has a lower texture or slightly lower res (which no one has mentioned), the performance will be the same. But damn if you let yourself miss out on that sweet ass hat /crickets

Really?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Artex said:
What happened when the train hit the guy? Corpse goes flying? Gibs?

No, the body just disappeared, kinda weird now that i think about. I didn't see any blood, everything happened so fast, still cool in my book.

Zeliard

For lack of a better term, this game has some goddamn fantastic mise en scène. A lot of the game's screenshots look like iconic Western scenes.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Raistlin said:
So, is there any sort of consensus on which pre-order bonus is the best?

I'm considering Amazon since you get a bonus AND $10 off (well, future purchase) ... but the horse and dead-eye bonuses seem like they could be a bit more useful? Are they going to be available for purchase?
The Amazon giftcard was increased to $20 a few weeks ago if that makes any difference in your choice.

Canadians, Future Shop is offering The Good, The Bad & The Ugly on DVD or Blu alongside the game, in store. Doesn't sway me, but it's something to consider.

Risette

A Good Citizen
MercuryLS said:
Except if you live in Canada :(

$10 isn't bad though, probably shouldn't complain.
They have different GC offers by region? That's lame. Should be $20 (or the equivalent of) wherever. Ah well.

Magnus

Zeliard said:
For lack of a better term, this game has some goddamn fantastic mise en scène. A lot of the game's screenshots look like iconic Western scenes.

The camera frames action really well, I find. Aside from horse-breaking scenarios, where it seems to deliberately fuck with you and make you unable to tell at all times which direction to hold for successful breakage.

Played for a little bit today and it's annoying when trying to find wanted guys out there in the open. Takes a good 15 minutes or more of just walking around and looking..

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
red shoe paul said:
Played for a little bit today and it's annoying when trying to find wanted guys out there in the open. Takes a good 15 minutes or more of just walking around and looking..
Better than real life!

Net_Wrecker said:
I thought you could just hold a button (RB on 360? R1 on PS3?) to stop the horse.

He's talking about breaking wild horses. You have to ride them while they buck and move the right stick to stay on.

Just had a funny thing happen to me in a town.

I was walking around and kicked a dog and it started barking at me. I kept giving it little kicks and then it started chewing on my leg lol. I wound run but it kept following me, grabbing at my leg and barking with me keeping on kicking it (i didnt want to murder it because apparently that would give me a bounty in the town)

sw33tclyde said:
He's talking about breaking wild horses. You have to ride them while they buck and move the right stick to stay on.

Oh crap :lol :lol :lol I'm an idiot, sorry. Move on people, move on. Nothing to see here.

Rikyfree

Just going through some of my OST selection and GODDAMN does Kill Bill go great with the feel of this game. Like seriously sickeningly good mix. Picked out 18 songs to go with it. And yes a nice deal are Morricone songs.

Top Bottom