• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Jtyettis said:
The funny looking tree conversations. Sure it was, but that is for another day.

I only remember the tree of death :lol

PopcornMegaphone said:
You got your HD videos.

BTW, fair can also be stupid. I just hope this doesn't turn in to the AW thread. I guess it helps the PC fanboys have no bone to pick in this fight.

Okay, I'm done. Continue with the nonsense.

Just because the video is hd, does not mean the quality is good. Just compare it to the direct feed pic, it's a night and day difference.

Can someone who has played it tell me:

Is the camera the same as it was in GTAIV? As in, it automatically tracks in the direction your heading and if you try and rotate it, it will recenter itself?

I FUCKING HATED IT IN GTA (>__<)

Gorgon

JoeBoy101 said:
Searching bodies for money and items?!? For godsakes R*, all you have to do is add character skills and levelling and you got RPG gold. A little dialogue system. You're so almost completely there.

[/spoiler]

For me all it needs to become an "RPG" is adding meaningful dialogue choices. Fuck the stats and level-ups. Go more in the direction of LA Noire.

BeeDog

ACE 1991 said:
So how satirical is RDR compared to GTA4? I'd like the game a little more serious than even the most recent GTA.

The game seems almost deadpan serious this time around except for those retarded sheriff sidekicks.

Camper182 said:
all it does is upscale it, wich makes no difference

Really? So is it better just to allow it run in it's default res(720p)?

I know some ps3 dont allow upscaling to 1080p afair, like UC1, it would just default to 540p if i tried to only play 1080p

Gorgon

epmode said:
Pretty much. Most of the people freaking out over the exact resolution and shadow dithering and stuff would be better served with a gaming PC than a console.

But there are no good games on the PC, so that fucks your argument.

I kid, I kid

ACE 1991

BeeDog said:
The game seems almost deadpan serious this time around except for those retarded sheriff sidekicks.

Awesome! Also, does anyone know if choosing gamestop in-store pickup guarantees me release date availability? I assume so, but I just want to check before I click the order button.

AgentOtaku said:
Can someone who has played it tell me:

Is the camera the same as it was in GTAIV? As in, it automatically tracks in the direction your heading and if you try and rotate it, it will recenter itself?

I FUCKING HATED IT IN GTA (>__<)
Oh man that was awful. What's the point of even having a free camera if it isn't free?

I had to force myself to never use the right stick and that wasn't easy at all. I'm like, a camera whore.

dread9

Banned
Mt Heart Attack said:
Oh man that was awful. What's the point of even having a free camera if it isn't free?

I had to force myself to never use the right stick and that wasn't easy at all. I'm like, a camera whore.
agreed

Can someone explain this resolution business to me? I'm a little confused... I mean, all I want to know is if I play the PS3 version on an HDTV, will it look good? If I play Alan Wake on an HDTV, will that look good? Will these games look blurry or something? I mean... if it looks good, then why the freak out?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
dread9 said:
Does this game use the same auto lock on as GTAIV? If so, not buying it until PC version comes out.
You can choose which lock-on settings you want. Easy - Auto Lock | Normal - More like GTA | Hard - No Auto Aim at all.

Well i just bought this and Alan Wake. Thanks a lot GAF! :lol

I decided to use super saver shipping since I am in the process of trying to beat ffxiii and bfbc2 right now.

dread9

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Can someone explain this resolution business to me? I'm a little confused... I mean, all I want to know is if I play the PS3 version on an HDTV, will it look good? If I play Alan Wake on an HDTV, will that look good? Will these games look blurry or something? I mean... if it looks good, then why the freak out?
The trick is not to worry, both games will look great, just don't think too much into it and you will have a blast.

Bossman

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

It's going to look just as good or better than GTA4.

dread9

Banned
I have decided to wait for the PC version (I dont care what they say, it WILL come out) since I spent tons of money on my new rig. Enjoy the game guys, please let us know of any criticisms!

Peff

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Because some people are more sensitive to the blurriness than others (and some want to diss the system a certain game it's sub-HD in). If a game is upscaled because its native resolution isn't 720p (or 1080p in some TVs) it will look blurry. It's the same as if you get any avatar here and try to make it fit a whole page in Word; the image the console is producing is smaller, but the TV has to show it at the bigger resolution.

Just don't worry about it.

Gorgon

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

It will look good, no worries.

Top Bottom