• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Jtyettis said:
Actually no it's pretty clear in these videos it is night and day from GTA on that end. Pretty much the first thing I checked was the trees heh.

It certainly looks that way. Still, low quality streams and trailers released by Rockstar are no credible footage. (There certainly was no dithering in GTAIV trailers)

JoeBoy101

Nice catching on the shadow dithering. So far from all the gameplay vids being posted, I have seen little to no issue with it. REALLY looking forward to Tuesday.:D

I will update my post a bit. Again, we need direct feed grabs to make a final judgement. Someone posted a screenshot with a dithered tree in this thread. (impossible to find now...)

schennmu said:
I will update my post a bit. Again, we need direct feed grabs to make a final judgement. Someone posted a screenshot with a dithered tree in this thread. (impossible to find now...)

If you need a still screenshot to judge the quality of the graphics than you've entered the land of the stupid.

UrbanRats

schennmu said:
This was the screen, iirc(i think i remember you commenting it):
image_red_dead_redemption-12822-1780_0013.jpg

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_rdr_wildlife_and_hunting-9333_en.html

epmode

PopcornMegaphone said:
If you need a still screenshot to judge the quality of graphics than you've entered the land of the stupid.
Pretty much. Most of the people freaking out over the exact resolution and shadow dithering and stuff would be better served with a gaming PC than a console.

PopcornMegaphone said:
If you need a still screenshot to judge the quality of graphics than you've entered the land of the stupid.

I'm trying to fairly judge the iq, so give me the game or 720p direct feed footage please.

Jtones

Banned
Deepack said:
Ok, it's official... The wait has become unbearable.

I agree. It's also sad that it comes out on a friday here. It will "ruin" my friday night, saturday night, and my social life. Fucking R* games.

Lakitu

st5fu
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Think of it this way... your collection would look better without those games, and even better with RDR.

That's true, quality over quantity all the way.

I've narrowed it down, I've dug up a few old Xbox / PS2 games I no longer play. I'll get a few pennies but nothing substantial.

Rallisport Challenge 2 :(
Gran Turismo 5
Tony Hawk's Underground 2
Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Project Gotham Racing 2
Doom 3
Ninja Gaiden

And then the 360 games:
FIFA 07
FIFA 08
Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Tony Hawk's Project 8
Perfect Dark Zero
Too Human
Project Gotham Racing 3
Left 4 Dead
Lost Planet
Kameo
Ghost Recon: AW
Viva Pinata

PS3 games:
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
FIFA 09
Metal Gear Solid 4
Uncharted 2 (already completed twice... but I may rebuy again before Uncharted 3 comes out)

Now I'm not going to trade in all of them, I'd be willing to trade £20 worth and then put the other £20. Does anybody know any good game trade-in value websites or anything?

I hate bills :(

All of this glorious footage and all I can think is...

How fucking amazing the sound design is!
Specifically the gunshots! I can honestly say these are some of the best I've ever heard in a game. So raw and satisfying

Deepack said:
Ok, it's official... The wait has become unbearable.

I'm actually doing okay. It helped having all the usual NY haunts fall through before the weekend. Now I know there's no way to get it before Monday and so I am at peace. I got my Midnight Sale texts from Aeris at GameStop and I am ready to roll.

FrankT

Well I just got my call from Ashley so it's official. Heh they call me twice for AW and RDR.

schennmu said:
Exactly, thx. It's pretty obvious in the trees.

It was pretty clear in GTA even before the game came out not so much so with these videos or even that pic. Again night and day. It may have some but nothing like GTA.

As a side the texture quality in some of these videos is very nice.

Costanza

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm actually doing okay. It helped having all the usual NY haunts fall through before the weekend. Now I know there's no way to get it before Monday and so I am at peace. I got my Midnight Sale texts from Aeris at GameStop and I am ready to roll.
Pissing away $24 :(

schennmu said:
You will not see dithering on a bad quality video. But you WILL see it very much on your tv.

Geez, I'm just trying to do a fair summary, so get off my back:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21304352&postcount=3725

You got your HD videos.

BTW, fair can also be stupid. I just hope this doesn't turn in to the AW thread. I guess it helps the PC fanboys have no bone to pick in this fight.

Okay, I'm done. Continue with the nonsense.

Jtyettis said:
It was pretty clear in GTA even before the game came out not so much so with these videos or even that pic. Again night and day. It may have some but nothing like GTA.

I don't think that's true.

Amir0x

Banned
Developers need to be more aware that I have a good PC now and that Amir0x needs to play good PC games. They should subscribe to my twitter*, so all of the industry could hand tailor their decisions around me.

But I'll get it on 360 anyway. Still!

I don't have a twitter. Fuck twitter.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wow, MP looks like a hell of fun and damn thats the music from the trailers.

FUCK YES!

Truant

May 21 is back on as the release date for the regular edition here in Norway. Several online retailers confirming this.

Top Bottom