• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Loudninja

NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Can someone explain this resolution business to me? I'm a little confused... I mean, all I want to know is if I play the PS3 version on an HDTV, will it look good? If I play Alan Wake on an HDTV, will that look good? Will these games look blurry or something? I mean... if it looks good, then why the freak out?

Yeah so far those who either played the Ps3 version or has it said it does not look blurry.So I wouldn't worry about it.

RBH

vs1l6a.jpg

sdornan

dread9 said:
I have decided to wait for the PC version (I dont care what they say, it WILL come out) since I spent tons of money on my new rig. Enjoy the game guys, please let us know of any criticisms!
Not trying to discredit your decision, but do keep in mind how the PC port of GTAIV turned out.

Why are publishers so tight about the game launching on a specific date? Why are R* scrambling to close down any videos and streams? I remember before the GTA launch reviews, most people didn't even know what the gameplay looked like.

dread9

Banned
sdornan said:
Not trying to discredit your decision, but do keep in mind how the PC port of GTAIV turned out.

I actually purchased it for 7 bucks off steam last weekend, I know it had issues initially, but with my rig and everything turned up high, there is no way, absolutely no way, that it looks inferior. Believe me. lol.

Sn4ke_911 said:
I'm really impressed. No lag, everything is so smooth.

There was never really a lot of "LAG" in GTAIV either, it was just the framerate dropping to what felt like 20fps in multiplayer. Even with that, I still REALLY enjoyed free roam in that game.

Another thing...Why does nighttime in some of these streams look kinda bright with a more gray sky, but some nighttime screens, and gameplay I've seen (like the "I'm a TREASURE HUNTER SON" guy) have looked really dark, and beautiful? Is it the capture card, or the game settings these people put their stuff on?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Net_Wrecker said:
Another thing...Why does nighttime in some of these streams look kinda bright with a more gray sky, but some nighttime screens, and gameplay I've seen (like the "I'm a TREASURE HUNTER SON" guy) have looked really dark, and beautiful? Is it the capture card, or the game settings these people put their stuff on?
Probably depends on the moon waxing and waning.

UrbanRats

Net_Wrecker said:
There was never really a lot of "LAG" in GTAIV either, it was just the framerate dropping to what felt like 20fps in multiplayer. Even with that, I still REALLY enjoyed free roam in that game.

GTA4 had ingame brightness, sat. and contrast settings, if you remember.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Net_Wrecker said:

Related, why hasn't that dude found a way to keep streaming? He was the best. R* should've let that one go and shut down the 4channer instead.

Dabanton

sdornan said:

That;s what i was about to say. :lol

I'm getting the 360 version then if the PC version does come out waiting to see if it's not the mess that GTA:IV PC was before they finally fixed it.

Loudninja said:
Yeah so far those who either played the Ps3 version or has it said it does not look blurry.So I wouldn't worry about it.

It doesn't look blurry, the textures are nice. The horses look like the videos, with the bulging muscle details. You walk along a rock wall early on in the game, and the rock textures seemed crisp. Some other rocks by a river had some normal mapping or one of those fake depth masks, it looks good.

But like I've been saying, at times, the jaggies are very noticable. Does anyone remember the original VF4 on PS2 ?
Every once in a while, it looks like that. You get the texture crawl along a sharp edge. The towns are where you notice it the most. Out in the wilderness, the IQ looks great.

I'm no expert but I'll be surprised if the PS3 version has zero AA. It seems to me like it's not a constant FSAA, but there is some form of edge smoothing, at least on some things.

I know there is a lack of PS3 streams. Wished I could help, but I don't have the equipment. My X1800 can only capture s-video or composite.

Teknoman said:
My only problem was that GTAIV was the only game thats been too dark at times.

That WAS a problem with GTAIV for me as well, but RDR looks to be much more sharp, and clearer without a filter on it so I suspect that won't be a problem anymore.

New Video Game Lets Players Hogtie and Murder Nuns
By STEPHEN C. WEBSTER

Rockstar Games has found a way to top itself yet again.

The notorious creators of Grand Theft Auto, which spawned the infamous stripper trick and the Hot Coffee mod, have a new game: Red Dead Redemption.

Like any sandbox-style game, it’s full of wide-open space where players can spontaneously live out their whims of heroism or villainy
:lol

http://trueslant.com/stephenwebster...demption-lets-players-hogtie-and-murder-nuns/
I haven't read the article but it looks like it contains spoilers so you might want to avoid it if you don't want to be spoiled. I just love that headline.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Whistle? What is that for? Stealth?

~Kinggi~ said:
Loading in the game seems ridiculous. Not too crazy about that.
He just went from one game to another that was almost over, then to the game he is in now....not too bad really.

~Kinggi~ said:
In single player there is no loading right?

Just for the beginning of the mission cutscenes, and those aren't that long. Really, loading isn't a problem, and looks much improved over GTAIV.

On top of that, you can choose multiplayer from the front end menu now instead having to load singleplayer, then load MP, then load the map.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well, let us all hope all those Rockstar employees being worked like slaves get some mega bonus out of this. I suspect this will sell pretty damn well, and the hard work definitely shows with all the detail.

Top Bottom