• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

dread9

Banned
Ramirez said:
Why does he run like he has a stick up his butt?
It was known that because everything was made out of wood, splinters would collect within the buttcrack and actually form sticks within the anus and was actually named buttstick disease from doctors of the time.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Cool, thanks. Funny that a bunch of Juniors are the one outraged by a question, thats what these threads are for.

Pooya

Raging Spaniard said:
Any word whether theres any noticeable differences in 360 or PS3 versions? (I usually get PS3 versions since I know that system probably wont die on me, but still)

Pretty excited for this, great thread :)
here is all we know:
720p 2xMSAA

PS3
resolution unknown (MazingerDUDE thinks it's subHD)
600MB install
Gamespy for online
exclusive content: gang outfit and gang hideout for US only
Custom soundtrack is supported
that's all.

sdornan

Inferno313 said:
I asked the same question, and tried to read through the thread, the tech discussion goes on for the past 5 or 6 pages at least. Please, just summarize it for us. :lol

We don't know.

Magnus

Raging Spaniard said:
Cool, thanks. Funny that a bunch of Juniors are the one outraged by a question, thats what these threads are for.

Sorry, fair enough. Just seems like the thread has been stuffed like crazy with the same questions. I get someone jumping down my throat when I ask a question that was asked 100 pages ago, so I thought I'd return the favor since it's asked on every page in this thread. :D

The PS3 version is beautiful, extremely competent. I haven't seen the 360 one in action, but from the look of streams, they're as close as anyone should reasonably expect them to be.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Actually, not to be a OT snob, but if the OP gets updated with that info then you stop getting repetitive questions :p

Try to run in cowboy boots and you'll understand why.
Watch a rodeo rider try to get away. They run exactly like that. It's because the ankle is held tight with little to no movement.

Magnus

miladesn said:
here is all we know:
720p 2xMSAA

PS3
resolution unknown (MazingerDUDE thinks it's subHD)
600MB install
Gamespy for online
exclusive content: gang outfit and gang hideout for US only

that's all.

Here's a question I have. What does sub-HD really mean if the game's being displayed at 720p anyway? I mean, I'm looking at it. It looks like HD to me. My television says the image is 720p. How could it be less?

I imagine the answer is something crazy technical that won't be comprehensible to me. Is it that the source material isn't actually HD, but the game's possibly being upscaled to 720p? How would we even be able to tell?

Hunter Gather said:
Try to run in cowboy boots and you'll understand why.
Watch a rodeo rider try to get away. They run exactly like that. It's because the ankle is held tight with little to no movement.
try to keep the answer with the question :p

sdornan

Hunter Gather said:
HD is and will always be a marketing tool. There isn't a standard definition of what HD is.

HD = 720p or 1080p

It been turned into a marketing tool, but it didn't start that way.

Pooya

Magnus said:
Here's a question I have. What does sub-HD really mean if the game's being displayed at 720p anyway? I mean, I'm looking at it. It looks like HD to me. My television says the image is 720p. How could it be less?

I imagine the answer is something crazy technical that won't be comprehensible to me. Is it that the source material isn't actually HD, but the game's possibly being upscaled to 720p? How would we even be able to tell?
It means that native resolution is not 1280x720 or 720p, it renders at a lower resolution then frame buffer is up scaled to 720p by the console, this process produces some artifacts like screen blur, loss of details on textures and increased aliasing.

Pimpbaa

Magnus said:

A lot of games are sub-HD and then scaled to 720p by the console so it's a resolution compatible with the tv.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Hunter Gather said:
HD is and will always be a marketing tool. There isn't a standard definition of what HD is.

HD Ready= 1280x720p
FULL HD= 1920x1080p with 1:1 pixel mapping.

Both recognised EU labels for HD.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I hope the review embargo being held back till release date won't cause the "GTA4" effect on reviewers this time.

FrankT

Skiesofwonder said:
I hope the review embargo being held back till release date won't cause the "GTA4" effect on reviewers this time.

What is the official time on this anyway? Like Midnight tomorrow night or something? Around the time I pick up the game. :lol

Does anyone know if we can wear some Tombstone like outfits?

tombstone.jpg

Dabanton

As other people have said resolution questions etc should be in the OP on the first page in a 'resolutions section' then we wouldn't get people asking over and over. This would be better for these multiformat threads as they would save people plenty of time.

And lets face this thread is moving fast who has time to go through all these pages, but if it was in the OP people couldn't plead ignorance when they should have read the OP first.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Here is a question....will we be able to do the same gang hideout missions multiple times in Free Roam, or is it a one shot deal?

Top Bottom