• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

BenjaminBirdie said:
Doesn't take much.

51ajBMqwq6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

As someone who had a baby as a teen, that movie was awesome. The writing in that movie was pretty damn good!

I don't want to derail the thread, so that is all I will say on that.

Irish said:
So, do we have any idea about what that Day 1 patch is for?

No one is sure if that guy was a R* employee or not. It wouldn't surprise me if there was one though, as that has become an industry standard.

Definity said:
Holy Shit at these treasure maps...I can't find a darn thing by looking at them. :lol

This will prove to be a good challenge for all the folks looking to go for 100%.

I'm getting the guide, that seals that.

~Kinggi~ said:
Damn, you can find buried treasure in the game!?!

Welcome to the fuckin hype train son!

Irish

Speaking of which, CJ was actually alive during the time period RDR takes place in. So, you might be able to see him and his children in the game. I believe he's around 130 years old.

Anyway, I'm sorry if that patch question has been answered a hundred times before. I checked the last few hundred posts and didn't see anything about it. Stupid megathreads. :(

Irish said:
Speaking of which, CJ was actually alive during the time period RDR takes place in. So, you might be able to see him and his children in the game. I believe he's around 130 years old.

Anyway, I'm sorry if that patch question has been answered a hundred times before. I checked the last few hundred posts and didn't see anything about it. Stupid megathreads. :(

Its true!

How does this custom soundtrack feature work?

Is it an ingame feature somwhere in the options' menu or is it accessible through XMB(ps3). Does your music play non-stop through cutscenes, menus, and gameplay or just gameplay?

cjtiger300 said:
Its pretty damn obvious those are coming off a no flat screen SD tube TV. Come on, look at the corner of the screen. Whoever was counting pixels off of that was wasting there damn time. I would expect a notorious pixel counter like MazingerDUDE to see that off the bat.

Kevin_Butler.jpg

Come on!!!!
those aren't from an SDTV. Tube probably, sd no way. Take it from a sony xbr960 owner.

"Along the way, he and his creators conjure such a convincing, cohesive and enthralling reimagination of the real world that it sets a new standard for sophistication and ambition in electronic gaming."

Rockstar paid well I see. Maybe a bit more variation from Hilary Goldstein next time.
Already preparing for the giant backlash!

Don't get me wrong, I want this game to be amazing, but reviews from Rockstar games just should not be trusted anymore!

Pooya

Hank Scorpio said:
How does this custom soundtrack feature work?

Is it an ingame feature somwhere in the options' menu or is it accessible through XMB(ps3). Does your music play non-stop through cutscenes, menus, and gameplay or just gameplay?
XMB, yes.

FrankT

You can pretty much see the set in this one;

http://img514.imageshack.us/i/1050032.jpg/

No new streams? :(

schennmu said:
Rockstar paid well I see. Maybe a bit more variation from Hilary Goldstein next time.

Don't get me wrong, I want this game to be amazing, but reviews from Rockstar games just should not be trusted anymore!

I don't really think this is true in general even with the qoute from the NYT. I expect many flaws in the game, but overall many will enjoy it as well.

ACE 1991

schennmu said:

Is there any solid proof that IGN and other media outlets were actually paid off for their reviews, or is this just a conclusion people come to because GTAIV is one of the highest rated games of all time?

jedimike

BenjaminBirdie said:
That cover slide is epic.

I noticed that too. I'm playing Splinter Cell right now and Sam has a slide identical to that. It's not a huge gameplay element, but the smaller things add to the realism and character.

I'm hoping that Amazon mistakingly ships mine out a day ahead of time.

ACE 1991 said:
Is there any solid proof that IGN and other media outlets were actually paid off for their reviews, or is this just a conclusion people come to because GTAIV is one of the highest rated games of all time?

There is no proof. Just look at Rockstar and their company politics. I find it far from unlikely.

Edit: Also "giant achievement"...

ACE 1991 said:
herd mentality is the likely explanation

Regarding free-roam mode. Say I'm in the lobby (so the actual game world) and come across another player... could we just start a shoot out there and then? Or would we have to enter a game type to do that?

Eric WK said:
Cut that out. Diablo Cody is a beautiful and talented woman.
Yeah and the Pope is known for doing abortions as a side job. :lol

cjtiger300 said:
As someone who had a baby as a teen, that movie was awesome. The writing in that movie was pretty damn good!

I don't want to derail the thread, so that is all I will say on that.

As someone who had to see that piece of cinematic abortion, I just wanted to say that movie was awful and the writing is insult to talented strippers everywhere who may want to write a script one day. Bunch of dumb hipster dogshit.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I will go on about what a piece of shit that movie is.

Now this movie was far far far better movie that came out around the same time.

john-rambo.jpg

Barrett2

Darkman M said:
Only thing left for me to do is to choose what aiming mode i want to play, i don't like a whole lot of auto aim.
I had much more fun in GTA4 when i turned off auto-aim. I'm planning on doing the same here, unless horseback shooting becomes too difficult as a result. Real cowboys don't need no auto-aim.

I have it on expert. It's hard but not impossible. The aiming mechanic is good, you just need to be smooth and properly lead the shot. I love hunting birds. It's like a separate mini game.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Yeah and the Pope is known for doing abortions as a side job. :lol

As someone who had to see that piece of cinematic abortion, I just wanted to say that movie was awful and the writing is insult to talented strippers everywhere who may want to write a script one day. Bunch of dumb hipster dogshit.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I will go on about what a piece of shit that movie is.

Now this movie was far far far better movie that came out around the same time.

john-rambo.jpg

Compared to the original Rambo's, that thing was an abortion. At least come to the thread with a decent movie.

Zeliard

Death Dealer said:
I have it on expert. It's hard but not impossible. The aiming mechanic is good, you just need to be smooth and properly lead the shot. I love hunting birds. It's like a separate mini game.

How's the aiming off horseback with expert aiming? Manageable? Drive-by shooting was cumbersome in GTAIV with a controller. It's much nicer with keyboard/mouse.

Yoshi256

Banned
schennmu said:

Same counts for Halo and Call of Duty.

MercuryLS

Banned
Normal seems like a good trade off, being able to quickly snap to the enemy will help out a lot but to effectively take down moving enemies will require some skill. It's the best of both worlds.

Saint of Killers said:
Regarding free-roam mode. Say I'm in the lobby (so the actual game world) and come across another player... could we just start a shoot out there and then? Or would we have to enter a game type to do that?

From what I understand the 'lobby' is just like free-mode in gta4, and the lobby leader can pick game modes when enough people get on the server, or you can just stay in free-roam mode and shoot each other or ride around together doing mini-games and in general just mess around.

nismor2

Banned
Maybe you guys should stop posting stream links because the R* ninjas might be reading this thread. If i was a R* ninja i would just keep a window open of this thread and go shutdown the stream when someone links here. We just gotta keep checking the usual stream sites.Don't make it easier for them and i hope they keep that bastard busy.

Top Bottom