• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

neoism

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Oh nice. RDR to beat GTAIV on metacritic? :lol
You know I really don't read reviews, but I did for this.... the will probably be my GOTY maybe, it has XIII to beat :p The GI review was awesome..

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Fine if you're going to be a snob. Also if explain how Rambo III was better than Rambo?

movie_simpsons.jpg

http://www.socius.or.kr/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/hot-fuzz-poster-1.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

I'm being a snob? How old are you?

The original Rambo is miles better than any other in that series of movies, including the new one. As far as Rambo III goes, I would put it in the same class as the new Rambo, miles below the first one.

nismor2 said:
Maybe you guys should stop posting stream links because the R* ninjas might be reading this thread. If i was a R* ninja i would just keep a window open of this thread and go shutdown the stream when someone links here. We just gotta keep checking the usual stream sites.Don't make it easier for them and i hope they keep that bastard busy.

Started sending via PM's (p)ages ago.

EDIT - Fuck Rambo.

cjtiger300 said:
I'm being a snob? How old are you?

The original Rambo is miles better than any other in that series of movies, including the new one. As far as Rambo III goes, I would put it in the same class as the new Rambo, miles below the first one.
You said Rambo's, not First Blood. Of course First Blood is better than Rambo. First Blood is the best film in the series.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
dreamer3kx said:
Really why, did you see something that you didn't like at all, just curious.

I'm uneasy about the controls and feel of the character. Something that I really disliked in GTA IV.

The slow responsiveness, tapping buttons to run, etc. etc. It just turns me off.

zero margin said:
Started sending via PM's (p)ages ago.

EDIT - Fuck Rambo.

I agree, whats his name starting bringing up movies. I am sure there is a somewhere else he can go to discuss his opinions on cinema!

Lets get back on track, I paid my preorder off today! I'm all set for midnight tomorrow!!!!!

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:

You said Rambo's, not First Blood. Of course First Blood is better than Rambo. First Blood is the best film in the series.

Whatever dude, you need to take your movie snobbery to the OT. It's obvious you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

Mik2121

I preordered the game on Play-Asia (I live in Japan, so Play-Asia is usually the fastest way to get games) yesterday and hopefully receive it within this week...

wayward archer said:
From what I understand the 'lobby' is just like free-mode in gta4, and the lobby leader can pick game modes when enough people get on the server, or you can just stay in free-roam mode and shoot each other or ride around together doing mini-games and in general just mess around.

That's how I took it to be until someone suggested otherwise. I won't find free roam half as appealing if the messing around with others in lobby element isn't there.

Thanks for the reply.

Chris_C

ACE 1991 said:
Is there any solid proof that IGN and other media outlets were actually paid off for their reviews, or is this just a conclusion people come to because GTAIV is one of the highest rated games of all time?

It's just folks trying to be funny, backlash GAF, and the Cool Kids Brigade.

Spanish games magazine Playmania has given RDR 9.8 which apparently is the highest mark they've ever given a game. Scans can be found for the curious and those who can read Spanish.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
I know Amazon has previously overnighted games that weren't purchased with overnight shipping, does anyone what the minimum shipping I should buy to have it overnighted from amazon?

Zeliard said:
How's the aiming off horseback with expert aiming? Manageable? Drive-by shooting was cumbersome in GTAIV with a controller. It's much nicer with keyboard/mouse.

Manageable for sure. I'm not great, but I can shoot guys off their horses, it all comes down to range and speed. If a guy is charging you it's easy to line it up, even from a distance, the guns have good range, but when you're getting circled by multiple enemies it can be difficult to aim from horseback.

I was out exploring and out of nowhere got jumped by a mountain line. It was like the discovery channel.
It was fast and pounced on me before I could draw a bead. It stalked its prey and got the kill. :/

The image quality on PS3 is positively dynamic. If I hold L2 to aim the gun and the camera zooms in on the Marston model, it's variable. During the day, if I do that, and slowly spin in a 360, the rendering switches back and forth between a sharp and detailed, but slightly jaggier image, and a smoother subtle blur. It's really easy to see on the back of his shirt and clothes. It doesn't effect the entire image, only Marston. It doesn't have anything to do with the graphics load, it flicks back and forth randomly. Maybe it could be something with the motion blur. I don't notice this effect at night. Also the edges on the roof tops of some buildings seem to be unusally smooth against a sunset sky. The posts on the porches etc. look jaggier.

Oh and I saw the question several pages back, didn't know if it was answered yet, but yes the camera is free. It stays where you aim it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Datwheezy said:
I know Amazon has previously overnighted games that weren't purchased with overnight shipping, does anyone what the minimum shipping I should buy to have it overnighted from amazon?
Release date delivery is overnight, shipped on Monday.

cjtiger300 said:
Whatever dude, you need to take your movie snobbery to the OT. It's obvious you think your opinion is the only one that matters.

I agree, whats his name starting bringing up movies.

You're the one who started defending Juno, I merely posted a response.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Death Dealer said:
Oh and I saw the question several pages back, didn't know if it was answered yet, but yes the camera is free. It stays where you aim it.

Nice. Stuff like this is what I'll be looking for in upcoming impressions.

The auto adjusting camera in GTA IV was horrid.

Mik2121

I seriously hope Play-Asia tells me when am I getting the game, today. Right now it still says Preorder / Backorder. Hopefully today (Monday already here) they update it... For GTAIV they actually sent the game to me before it was released anywhere else, and received it pretty much on the actual day of release in the US, so maybe this time too...

Definity

Did not realize there are avatar awards. I unlocked a sombrero a few minutes ago. Looks like there are a total of five. Maybe this was mentioned before?

DrBo42 said:
Seems so. There's fast transitions into cover so no more run yourself into a wall and then press RB or whatever it is on PS3.

Not only that but Marston seems to be able to deal with curved cover (if that makes any sense).

Definity said:
Did not realize there are avatar awards. I unlocked a sombrero a few minutes ago. Looks like there are a total of five. Maybe this was mentioned before?

Hasn't really been talked about no and it is AWESOME.

Pooya

Definity said:
No, I think this is the first time that a retail game has avatar awards.
(L4D2 had them too? not sure).

miladesn said:
No, I think this is the first time that a retail game have avatar awards
(L4D2 had them too? not sure).

Wrong.

Left 4 Dead 2 has em and ODST as well. ODST's is a little tricky because you need Halo Waypoint to actually get them amongst the Halo Waypoint Awards.

Kintaco

I better start adding people from the PS3 posse! Is there an easier way to add friends than just typing each one in from the PS3? For example from the PC?

anddo0

Are PS3 game saves locked? I can't remember if that was the case for GTA4. I'm on the market for the newer Slim, and would hate to start over.

Pooya

UltimaPooh said:
Wrong.

Left 4 Dead 2 has em and ODST as well. ODST's is a little tricky because you need Halo Waypoint to actually get them amongst the Halo Waypoint Awards.
yeah, it's really rare though, it's so nice of R* to include these things, it seems they really did a great job on 360.

Top Bottom