• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption |OT| Whistling Morricone in the desert

Majine

Banned
Kintaco said:
I better start adding people from the PS3 posse! Is there an easier way to add friends than just typing each one in from the PS3? For example from the PC?
Hey, I have like 30 pending friend invites. You can do it!

and no, there's no other way.

Loudninja

miladesn said:
yeah, it's really rare though, it's so nice of R* to include these things, it seems they really did a great job on 360.
It seem Rockstar is adding stuff not common like custom soundtracks for the PS3.Nice to see these things.

FrankT

Definity said:
Did not realize there are avatar awards. I unlocked a sombrero a few minutes ago. Looks like there are a total of five. Maybe this was mentioned before?

Put it on and take a pic bro. :D

Kintaco said:
I better start adding people from the PS3 posse! Is there an easier way to add friends than just typing each one in from the PS3? For example from the PC?
i dont believe there is.

are there any streams up, if so PM me

Cant0na

Banned
UltimaPooh said:
Wrong.

Left 4 Dead 2 has em and ODST as well. ODST's is a little tricky because you need Halo Waypoint to actually get them amongst the Halo Waypoint Awards.

and Splosion man

alanwake
lips

Truant

Does the difficulty setting change anything else than the aiming controls?

I'd love free aiming, but I don't want bullet sponge enemies and one hit deaths. Guns always feel weak in shooting games on harder difficulties, because enemies take so much damage.

The videos I've seen of the game portay it in a realistic light, in that enemies only take one or two rounds to kill.

Pooya

unboxing video of PS3 version

and looks like PS3 exclusive content is on the disc.
Loudninja said:
It seem Rockstar is adding stuff not common like custom soundtracks for the PS3.Nice to see these things.
yeah,it's so nice to see these little things, they are not important but you get the feeling that Hey! they cared. XMB themes in FFXIII were nice also.

Definity

Jtyettis said:
Put it on and take a pic bro. :D

Say when.....:lol

Truant said:

I'd love free aiming, but I don't want bullet sponge enemies and one hit deaths. Guns always feel weak in shooting games on harder difficulties, because enemies take so much damage.

The videos I've seen of the game portay it in a realistic light, in that enemies only take one or two rounds to kill.

Nope.

Also, the NYT article proposes the game cost between $80-100 million to make. Where does that stand in terms of modern 'blockbusters'?

bunbun777 said:
yessir- seems to be a cheat- but a very good one. Flaming cows, flaming birds.

yeah yeah I was just confirming, yes the social club would be a wise idea for anyone not joined up yet. Looks like they're going to give a lot of stuff out to members.

Metalmurphy said:
Well... that's a shame :(

I've been following this game a lot and honestly that's about the only thing I can say I am a little disappointed about. Everything else sounds great.

Truant said:

No, aiming is the only method of changing difficulty. The damage model is realistic. If you hit center mass with the carbine, most enemies are dropping in one hit. Pistol shots to limbs wound, but 3-4 of those will kill too.
It's pretty easy to die. You have to use cover and fight intelligently. Acting like Rambo gets you DEAD.

ACE 1991

LabouredSubterfuge said:
Nope.

Also, the NYT article proposes the game cost between $80-100 million to make. Where does that stand in terms of modern 'blockbusters'?

GTAIV I believe is the most expensive game ever made, costing $100 million.

Magnus

I'm officially confused about how to retrieve the exclusive ps3 perks. There's no voucher in the game case or anything. Must already be on the disc or not yet available on the PSN.

And yes, in case anyone missed, it's on Canadian copies too.

An insert advertises a co-op mission pack coming soon featuring 6 missions, and the reverse side advertises Max Payne 3 as coming soon. I'd upload pictures from my phone to tinypic if I knew how. :lol

Pooya

Majine said:
Unboxing videos are my guilty pleasure.

Also, the content on the disc should mean it's everywhere, not just America, no?
probably yes.
Magnus said:
I'm officially confused about how to retrieve the exclusive ps3 perks. There's no voucher in the game case or anything. Must already be on the disc or not yet available on the PSN.

An insert advertises a co-op mission pack coming soon featuring 6 missions, and the reverse side advertises Max Payne 3 as coming soon. I'd upload pictures from my phone to tinypic if I knew how.
exclusive content is on the disc, already confirmed.

Loudninja

Magnus said:

An insert advertises a co-op mission pack coming soon featuring 6 missions, and the reverse side advertises Max Payne 3 as coming soon. I'd upload pictures from my phone to tinypic if I knew how. :lol

Thats alot of missions.

How does the game feel controlwise? One of my least favorite things about GTAIV was the sluggish/clumsy controls. Have they been improved at all?

Majine said:
Unboxing videos are my guilty pleasure.

Also, the content on the disc should mean it's everywhere, not just America, no?

The PS3 DLC is available in all PS3 versions of Red Dead Redemption regardless of where it's sold.

Dresden

So guys, which retailer has the best deal on the (360) copy of the game? I heard Toys R Us gave out a $25 gift card with purchase?

Cant0na

Banned
Definity said:
Say when.....:lol

http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/Definity/avatar-body.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

are there more awards?

i want my avatar to look like this -

[IMG]http://lauramartinez.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/sleeping-mexican.jpg

EnjoyIncubus said:
How does the game feel controlwise? One of my least favorite things about GTAIV was the sluggish/clumsy controls. Have they been improved at all?

Judging from the vids, the one thing that sticks out to me more than anything is that RDR doesn't seem to have the "auto-correcting" camera that IV had. The camera seems to stay where you put it. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I hope to God I'm not.)

K' Dash

I'm like 4 hours in and this shit is GINORMOUS, so much to do, so much to see, scenery is just epic, I just saved someone from being hanged, it seems there are a lot of random events to help people and get "fame" points.

So good.

K' Dash said:
I'm like 4 hours in and this shit is GINORMOUS, so much to do, so much to see, scenery is just epic, I just saved someone from being hanged, it seems there are a lot of random events to help people and get "fame" points.

So good.

I'm looking forward to random events myself, I just hate the doldrums of open world games where it's point A to point B with nothing in between (unless you decide to destroy crap). It helps having different things occur (but not stupid random events) as it makes the world more organic and deep.

Danielsan

Fuck me.
I hated, HATED, GTAIV and yet I'm slowly getting bitten by that nasty hype bug again.
I might just pre-order the game against my better judgement.

Top Bottom