• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare |OT| "Aaaaargh, zombie cougars!"

Awesome DLC! This is how you do DLC, none of that other garbage. Undead Overrun kicks all sorts of ass. Got to like level 16 or something. Intense. Wish there was Undead Free Roam. Please, Rockstar?

Beardz

Mr Sandman said:
Undead Overrun kicks all sorts of ass.

I had so much fun with it...:D

One of my teammates ran out of bullets and he was just running like a headless chicken, behind him were like 20 zombies... I was laughing my ass off. :lol

This is how you do a fucking DLC, not alienating people from your canon(?) but making great sidesteps with your project for people who are invested in your product.

Just played 30 min until I left Blackwater but I'm already in love with this. The fact that ammo remains a bit scarce is great as well. Plus blowing hordes up with Euphoria physics based weapons while standing on a saloon roof is awesome and a great take on the somewhat overplayed zombie mechanic in current games.

Dammit, I am planning on buying this tomorrow, I have 310MS points, so I still have to buy 800 points for 10, thought I would be able to get this for only 5 bucks :lol

EDIT: If anyone has an extra bing 100ms points code that they would be so kind as to give me pm me thanks :D

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Played the MP last night with friends, was really fun. The SP is looking to be really awesome too. Tried it only until I actual go control of Marston then I had to go to do some MP but I can't wait to try it. Great production.

todahawk

Loving the undead single player so far... what I really loved was the beginning, absolutely dead still and quiet, not a single living thing to be seen or heard as I started out. Very creepy. Makes you realize how much life there is in the standard RDR. Can't wait to try the MP out, hurry up with your DL Reckless!!!

RavenFox

Banned
I saw the commercial lastnight and nearly lost my mind. I was like WTF is this? Where did this awesomeness suddenly come from? Plus member ftw I got it for $7.99

mauaus

I got stuck on a rooftop bulletless on wave 8-9 went down to swing my torch and i got swarmed in 2 seconds

Good times!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh man this is starting out awesome! The intro cutscene was so cool, but then the sound cut out so I had to restart... I can already tell I'm going to love this.

Any productivity I might of had today is pretty much going to be lost on this... :lol

I didn't even know it had a mutiplayer mode. That's great.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
Oh man this is starting out awesome! The intro cutscene was so cool, but then the sound cut out so I had to restart... I can already tell I'm going to love this.

Any productivity I might of had today is pretty much going to be lost on this... :lol

I didn't even know it had a mutiplayer mode. That's great.

yeah, the Undead Overrun mode looks awesome. Can't wait to try it.

todahawk

recklessmind said:
I just played some single player for a while... so good.

We'll have to do the mp stuff... I'll wait until you're on for that.

Sweet, sounds good!

@Lamonster: in blackwater do you have the house icon on your map in blackwater? you have to go inside and upstairs or take the ladder in the back of the building up (easier of the two). i couldn't find it at first either.

owlbeak

The Lamonster said:
How do I save in single player? The safe house in Blackwater was boarded up...
If you've saved the town, to access the safe house, go outside and climb up the fire escape.

Struct09

Haven't seen any reviews yet, but impressions here seem positive. Is the DLC worth it if all I'm going to play is single player?

todahawk

Struct09 said:
Haven't seen any reviews yet, but impressions here seem positive. Is the DLC worth it if all I'm going to play is single player?
I'd say so.

It looks like it covers the entire game map except for Mexico. I thought it might only be a few towns. Plus, after you "clean" a town it specifically tells you it will be overrun in the future and that you'll need to clear it out again... similar to the gang hideouts.

I love the tension, you have to scavenge for ammo and really make your shots count.

Struct09 said:

I'm over five hours in (haven't even hit Mexico yet) and in the stats page it says I've completed 35%, so I'd say so.

Just a quick question. One of the achievements is for havin all th towns safe at once. How long do they stay safe for? Is it worth doing them as you pass or waiting to do them all in once go? I have 6 safe but wasn't planning on going out of my way to do it unless they only stay safe for a short time

Seems (so far) like only one town at a time comes under attack, and you can fast travel between towns, so it looks like you'll have plenty of time to get them all safe at once.

Beardz said:
I had so much fun with it...:D

One of my teammates ran out of bullets and he was just running like a headless chicken, behind him were like 20 zombies... I was laughing my ass off. :lol
Could that have been me? Two guys were on a roof, one had died. I noticed we were split up and all the zombies were after me so I hauled ass (with the horde behind me) over to my teammates. I look up at them and see they've both got dynamite prepared. Oh man it was hilarious. :lol BTW my character is a really fat Mexican which defaulted to me since I have a zombie character for free roam. I think I like him. :lol

The only thing I don't care for is the "normal" undead horses. I don't know who thought it would be fun to make you fight to steer them, but it isn't. They're borderline uncontrollable. Stupid sonsofbitches run straight for the edge of a bridge every single time.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Eel O'Brian said:
The only thing I don't care for is the "normal" undead horses. I don't know who thought it would be fun to make you fight to steer them, but it isn't. They're borderline uncontrollable. Stupid sonsofbitches run straight for the edge of a bridge every single time.

Hell yes, I fell into a river so many times due to that sodding horse.

AniHawk

Uh, so I'm at Riley's Charge, looking for the thing for West Dickens quest thing and I don't know what I'm looking for. I am getting the shit mauled out of me though.

Played some last night...fantastic DLC!!!

I'm surprised seeing the length that people are reporting. Hopefully someone chimes in soon to give us a real report of how many hours this works out to be.

Well done R*!

negitoro7

Eel O'Brian said:
After I realized that the stupid horse doesn't steer straight, I shot the damn thing and jacked the next closest normal horse. :lol

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
The icing on this beast would definitely be Undead Free Roam!

Imagine playing with some friends and going out hunting
for Sasquatch!!
:D

You have to pick your fights, I am burning through ammo at times. Clearing out towns is the worst for ammo consumption, I will not go to the torch except for sporadic zombies.

mauaus

Juno said:
The icing on this beast would definitely be Undead Free Roam!

Imagine playing with some friends and going out hunting
for Sasquatch!!
:D
So there is zombie freeroam ?

didnt get to see that

Dabanton

Eel O'Brian said:

Maybe because i've played RDR a lot the last few weeks but the horses feel normal to me.

Have you tried making your horse 'loyal' by hitching it to a post? As i found that if you got off it it would wander off slighty, but once i made it loyal it would stay where it was if i dismounted.

Dartastic

THIS DLC IS SO. FUCKING. GOOD. I think I like it better than the base game... Hah. If they release more DLC like this, I'm SO there. Love it so far.

Top Bottom