• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

GavinGT

Banned
He was a little too much at times, but I thought he was hilarious and really injected some much-needed energy into the show.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Looks like they made themselves a new friend, awwwwwwww.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i did not care for landis because i do not like people who are energetic and animated, but the ending made it worthwhile.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
That was a goddamn great BotW. And Landis definitely contributed to it.

Flipyap

That ending was... special.
I adore Max. I wish they could keep him. Surely, there has to be something they could do to sabotage his Hollywood career. Or, I dunno, just go ahead and make Plinkett's creepy dungeon/sacrifice pit basement a reality.

Superb and hilarious BOTW. Max was trying a little too hard though and his comedy timing doesn't match RLM... yet. Hopefully he'll return as a guest soon and next time be more settled with the group.

Whatever my reservations towards Max though, they were completely blown away by the Macau Cau ending. Wow.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I had no idea that John Landis directed Mac and Me. That pedigree. It was a good episode of BotW. Max's contribution at the end was pretty cool.

That's one joke I didn't quite get: John Landis has nothing to do with Mac and Me.

10ek68d.gif

That recoil on Jay after high fiving Max, and his reaction" "Yeah... I guess..?"
besides the ending, this was by far the best part

Rydeen

That's one joke I didn't quite get: John Landis has nothing to do with Mac and Me.
He didn't have anything to do with Home Alone either, John HUGHES produced that. It was just a reoccurring joke this episode that any movie Max referenced was "directed" by his dad.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Jack was the funniest one watching if because he has his self proclaimed super power of knowin everything that goes on during a movie and he probably couldn't comprehend a damn thing going on

Jack was the funniest one watching if because he has his self proclaimed super power of knowin everything that goes on during a movie and he probably couldn't comprehend a damn thing going on

8BkgRJI.gif

He didn't have anything to do with Home Alone either, John HUGHES produced that. It was just a reoccurring joke this episode that any movie Max referenced was "directed" by his dad.

That explains it. I was scratching my head at the John Landis joke.

pj

Banned
max talks like he has a full table spoon of saliva in his mouth and doesn't want to spill any of it

inm8num2

Watching BotW right now...so much energy in this episode, especially from Max. I love it. I hope Max makes a return in the future.

Xux

Jack and Josh should have their own discussion on Double Down.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the self-destructive alcoholic bit was the best

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
He just has a little too much energy for the room. I have that slightly embarrassed and want to stop watching feeling throughout most of this. But he's a'ight.

Nekofrog

Banned

The tiny little crocodile brain is working in overdrive.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Landis, but he interjected a level of energy that just worked, as the RLM crew tends to be a bit more low key with their stuff with the exception of Rich Evans outbursts. Maybe dial it back 1 or 2 notches and I could see him being a semi-regular contributor in some way. If there's a next time he probably won't be trying really hard to impress them and will just be himself. Either way, it worked. It worked well.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I bet Landis is a Gaffer.

Great BotW.

edit: haha at the ending, amazing, plus it had MGS3 music, unless MGS3 took it from somewhere else.

Easily one of the best BOTW episodes! We need more Max. The RLM guys, imo, seemed to be on a rut lately. Max came in and injected some spark back into each of them. Been a while since I've seen all of them lose their shit watching movies.

Don't get me wrong, it was a great episode, but Landis's comedic timing is completely at odds with the deadpan energy of the group ("Because he's GAY, Mike!!!" ...ugh), he came across as a fanboy at several points (the first thing we hear him say during a screening is "What's wrong with your face?" in the Plinkett voice, which... yeesh), he was domineering in the discussion, and tbh, he just has a very douchy air about him, which is not totally his fault but doesn't help.

rekameohs

Banned
Best BOTW yet. Max is great - his fanboying over RLM is pretty hilarious too. Even the corpse of Mike Stoklasa managed to show some energy this time.

Shy

Here's Breezus's third film for you, lovely hack-frauds to enjoy.

It's called, I am here ..... Now.
RLM GAF has turned around on Landis, at least mostly. It's a Christmas miracle!
I liked Max, the only that i didn't like was how he reacted to his review.
I bet Landis is a Gaffer..
LOL, probably.
I'm convinced he's one of the regulars in the chat during the stream, and also hangs out at the chats movie and trek nights.

Oh god this episode was amazing. After the awkward interview Landis had with Mike and Jay earlier, I feel like he really fit in with the crew in this Best of the Worst.

Culkin appearance was totally out of nowhere too.

Top Bottom