• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Rich and Jack talked extensively about the show on PreRec and I expect Mike and Jay to feel exactly the same way. Although Jay hates the mother and thinks she's a terrible actress.

She's not a horrible actress but she was bad at the beginning. She improved towards the end I thought. All the actors did.

So I assume there was a quick scene in the film where a guard gives Harley a cell phone cause I missed it too

There was.
It was right after Joker found the jerk guard at the club. He gave Harley the phone VERY BLATANTLY IN FRONT OF EVERYONE and she laughed at him, saying, "You're so dead lol"

It's good they addressed this. If your whole thing is picking apart the flaws in a movie, you can't have two separate arguments about stupid things that happened in the movie for no reason, when there was in fact one very clear reason linking both.
The phone being passed to her was super obvious and stupidly blatant and heavy handed, so missing it can't even be blamed on those pesky quick edits.

...but missing it because you had your head in your hands due to the awfulness of the movie is a valid reason.

It's good they addressed this. If your whole thing is picking apart the flaws in a movie, you can't have two separate arguments about stupid things that happened in the movie for no reason, when there was in fact one very clear reason linking both.
The phone being passed to her was super obvious and stupidly blatant and heavy handed, so missing it can't even be blamed on those pesky quick edits.

...but missing it because you had your head in your hands due to the awfulness of the movie is a valid reason.

I dunno enough people in this thread and in the spoiler thread missed it too we couldn't all have facepalmed at the same moment.

obin_gam

Love the opening hours on the website:

BUSINESS HOURS:
Monday.......... 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Tuesday......... 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Wednesday....... CLOSED
Thursday........ CLOSED
Friday.......... 2:00 - 2:30 pm
Saturday........ CLOSED
Sunday.......... CLOSED
Turnsday........ 7:00 am - 8:00 pm

<3

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Wait, so is it full of spoilers? Because I don't know a thing about it and never really wanted to watch it but everyone's talking about it like it's something I need to see.

I just don't have enough time and just started a Deep Space Nine marathon so I can't just put that on hold.

Wait, so is it full of spoilers? Because I don't know a thing about it and never really wanted to watch it but everyone's talking about it like it's something I need to see.

I just don't have enough time and just started a Deep Space Nine marathon so I can't just put that on hold.

There's spoilers and unmarked. They're everywhere.

Honestly, if you care, try to watch it sooner than later so people don't spoil stuff for you. I knew nothing going in and I'm glad for it.

Also, this is the best RLM site .

I agree with Jay to a degree about Winona Ryder.

Over-all they had a solid opinion on the show. Decent plot, fantastic characters, scared for second season, etc...

http://lightningfastvcrrepair.com/

edit: apparently calling the phone number listed sends you to some weird fucking survey for some vacation or some shit lmao I was hoping it was a voice mail recorder.

komplanen

Hope the frauds are OK in Milwaukee

Literally just yesterday I heard for the first time the rant where Rich got all angry and said he would have killed a lot of people if he had an AR15 due to his car being towed (rightfully so) away. I know he was half-joking but it made me feel so bad because he was genuinely angry and emotional because his car was impounded. It's like he shed every last flake of sarcasm and humour during that rant and just ended up scaring me a little.

What I'm trying to say is, that everytime something bad happens in Milwaukee, I fear it's Rich. His 'Falling Down' style crusade is going to end up real fucking bad for everyone. Instead of overpriced coke cans and conspiracy theory gun-nuts his triggers will be DRM and apartment complex bureaucrats.

I like how everyone in this thread is waiting for Rich to shoot up a school. By the way should I watch Stranger Things? It reminds me of Super 8 and I hated that movie.

kevin1025

Banned
I like how everyone in this thread is waiting for Rich to shoot up a school. By the way should I watch Stranger Things? It reminds me of Super 8 and I hated that movie.

It's more Stephen King and 80's Spielberg, but does have some similarities to Super 8. I would say the characters are better written and more interesting in Stranger Things, though. I'd say give the first episode a shot, it's less than an hour at least!

komplanen

Watch the first episode and if you're not interested for more, then skip it. Just give it that whole episode instead of 5 minutes.

Aiii

So not worth it
Literally just yesterday I heard for the first time the rant where Rich got all angry and said he would have killed a lot of people if he had an AR15 due to his car being towed (rightfully so) away. I know he was half-joking but it made me feel so bad because he was genuinely angry and emotional because his car was impounded. It's like he shed every last flake of sarcasm and humour during that rant and just ended up scaring me a little.

What I'm trying to say is, that everytime something bad happens in Milwaukee, I fear it's Rich. His 'Falling Down' style crusade is going to end up real fucking bad for everyone. Instead of overpriced coke cans and conspiracy theory gun-nuts his triggers will be DRM and apartment complex bureaucrats.

Barking dogs don't bite, friend. I would be surprised if Rich even got into a physical altercation even just once in his life.

It's better than any of Abrams' work, but your mileage may vary depending on how much you like the 80s.

I think Jay is right that it doesn't rely on nostalgia, but it certainly helps

Rydeen

Super 8 disappointed me, and Stranger Things succeeded where Super 8 failed. It succeeds by having an intriguing story and great characters, the 80's-ness is just the icing on the cake.

aravuus

I was born in the nineties but I still enjoyed the shit out of Stranger Things. I have watched a lot of the movies it takes inspiration from though, I'm sure that helped to get into it.

I have agree with Jay on Winona Ryder though. I figure any mother would be out of her mind in a situation like that, but she was so one note and same-y all the time.

Rydeen

I have agree with Jay on Winona Ryder though. I figure any mother would be out of her mind in a situation like that, but she was so one note and same-y all the time.
She was supposed to have anxiety issues even before Will disappeared, Jonathan says it to either Hopper or Nancy, I forget which. I thought it was an excellent performance, based on my own experiences with my mom in times where my sister or I got lost or ran away, her decisions in the performance felt genuine. Also consider the way she's acting is supposed to throw off the other characters to assume she's just having a mental breakdown after the disappearance of her son. I also appreciated how maternal and protective she was to Eleven after meeting her, and during the sensory deprivation scene in the kiddie pool.

She was supposed to have anxiety issues even before Will disappeared, Jonathan says it to either Hopper or Nancy, I forget which. I thought it was an excellent performance, based on my own experiences with my mom in times where my sister or I got lost or ran away, her decisions in the performance felt genuine. Also consider the way she's acting is supposed to throw off the other characters to assume she's just having a mental breakdown after the disappearance of her son. I also appreciated how maternal and protective she was to Eleven after meeting her, and during the sensory deprivation scene in the kiddie pool.

Yeah, her performance made sense to me as there was mention of her having some manner of existing anxiety disorder/issues. The way it was framed though, it would have been easy to kinda forget.

Watch the first three episodes. I wasn't hooked after the first one, but after the second and third, I really got into it. But overall, I say yes, watch it.

I saw Suicide Squad on the way home from work today and the cellphone pass really was in the blink of an eye. If you were looking at your popcorn or drink you could easily miss it.

I thought they were exaggerating the licensed music, but it was actually worse than they hinted at. I cannot believe they went forward with that.

Top Bottom