• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

komplanen

Watching the last stream it really bugs me that they keep talking about the centre of the universe when clearly it should be the centre of the galaxy. There is no such thing as centre of the universe, but every galaxy certainly has a centre.

The game itself confused the term "universe" and "galaxy" far, far, far before it was released. Also to be clear, NMS isn't based on our universe.

c-murph

Watching the last stream it really bugs me that they keep talking about the centre of the universe when clearly it should be the centre of the galaxy. There is no such thing as centre of the universe, but every galaxy certainly has a centre.

Mmmmm a delicious caramel centre.

Cheerilee

Wouldn't the center of the universe be the point where the big bang happened, with the universe expanding into infinity? If one could track the movements of galaxies relative to each other, one could theoretically triangulate the center of the universe.

Also, everybody knows Toronto Canada is the center of the universe. Colin was even born there.

komplanen

Wouldn't the center of the universe be the point where the big bang happened, with the universe expanding into infinity? If one could track the movements of galaxies relative to each other, one could theoretically triangulate the center of the universe.

Also, everybody knows Toronto Canada is the center of the universe. Colin was even born there.

That's how everyone thought it'd be, but it ain't. No matter which direction we look, the universe is expanding the same way (ie. not towards or away from any single point).

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-resources/center-of-the-universe/

How is it expanding, exactly? Well here's an analogy:.

a balloon with a large number of dots marked on its surface. If the balloon is blown up the distances between the dots increase in the same way as the distances between the galaxies.

Just with proper space instead of a surface.

I enjoyed Stranger Things and I can't wait to watch the HiTB for it. I've been holding off.

I also haven't watched the Suicide Squad episode yet since I haven't seen the movie. I'm going to get spoiled so hard on the HiTB storyline now!
Just skip SS and watch the HitB.

Cheerilee

I dunno. I'm one of the weirdos who liked MoS and BvS. I might find a way to like SS.

MoS and BvS are bad in a Zack Snyder kind of way.

SS is (from what I've heard, I haven't seen it and don't care to) bad in a "the studio got scared of another BvS debacle, so they interfered hard, and changed the movie from somebody's vision into an incoherent broken mess" kind of way. Basically it's another Fan4stic.

Wonder Woman is expected to be bad in a director saying "What's wrong with Fan4stic and Suicide Squad? I've always dreamed of making an incoherent broken mess of a movie" kind of way.

Sanjuro

MoS and BvS are bad in a Zack Snyder kind of way.

SS is (from what I've heard, I haven't seen it and don't care to) bad in a "the studio got scared of another BvS debacle, so they interfered hard, and changed the movie from somebody's vision into an incoherent broken mess" kind of way. Basically it's another Fan4stic.

Wonder Woman is expected to be bad in a director saying "What's wrong with Fan4stic and Suicide Squad? I've always dreamed of making an incoherent broken mess of a movie" kind of way.

Suicide Squad was at least digestible in comparison to BvS.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I would forever judge someone based on the fact that they went and saw Suckerpunchat at all let alone in IMAX.

But it's the film that launched the DC Cinematic universe! WB saw that masterpiece and said "Yep, this is who we want in charge of the most iconic superheroes ever!"

kevin1025

Banned
It's called I am Number Four because it should have a 4 in RT.

Oh yeah, it was a poor choice. University and disposable income led to some bad movie decisions back then, I saw as much in IMAX as possible, no matter what.

On topic, I just watched both Star Wars Holiday Special BOTW's (I'm slowly catching up on stuff!). That first one is something special, did they ever do any other bullshitting around ones like that?

Oh yeah, it was a poor choice. University and disposable income led to some bad movie decisions back then, I saw as much in IMAX as possible, no matter what.

On topic, I just watched both Star Wars Holiday Special BOTW's (I'm slowly catching up on stuff!). That first one is something special, did they ever do any other bullshitting around ones like that?

Not sure about other reviews, but the fucking Plinkett force awakens trailer, coming soon my ass

Too bad they didn't act that well in Space Cop!

mp5RmrI.gif

Top Bottom