• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Half in the bag is always entertaining. I miss the Plinkett stories though, seems he hasn't showed up in ages.

Rich doesn't seem to work for them full-time so he might've been unavailable for the most part.

Been rewatching Best of the worst, and I'm starting to love it even more, perhaps a teensy bit more than HitB.

Wizard, Rich and Jessi are great additions. The "Papers to papers" scene with Wizard during the talk about Russian Terminator always cracks me up, and so does Rich's "I knew you would be here" during Shapeshifter.

Really hope they do Kick-Ass 2, could make some comparisons with Kick-Ass 1, Super and even Defendor.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
funny episode. i cant believe x-men origins wolverine exists as a movie. when i watched it initially i was completely baffled.

Rich doesn't seem to work for them full-time so he might've been unavailable for the most part.

Been rewatching Best of the worst, and I'm starting to love it even more, perhaps a teensy bit more than HitB.

Wizard, Rich and Jessi are great additions. The "Papers to papers" scene with Wizard during the talk about Russian Terminator always cracks me up, and so does Rich's "I knew you would be here" during Shapeshifter.

Really hope they do Kick-Ass 2, could make some comparisons with Kick-Ass 1, Super and even Defendor.

I end up watching BOTW numerous times each day and it's still funny each time.

I can't wait for the Wheel of the Worst 3 though.

9551411234_11c21333d8_o.gif

davepoobond

wheel of the worst ought to be its own series if they keep doing them. although, i guess it doesnt really matter.

Shouta

I hope the Shoji Tabuchi Show finally gets on there. That one looks interesting especially after wikiing him, lol.

What does Magneto actually say in the movie? That was a great vid.

It goes something along the lines of.
Magneto: Hello Logan.
Wolverine: *Threat*
Magneto: Actually I'm here to ask for your help.
Wolverine: Why should I trust you?
Magneto: You shouldn't.
[Professor X shows up]

davepoobond

I hope the Shoji Tabuchi Show finally gets on there. That one looks interesting especially after wikiing him, lol.

i feel like the Shoji Tabuchi show thing is going to be a long-standing item on the wheel that is built up through like another 4 episodes and then when it finally gets watched it will be the biggest let down ever.

i dont want to spoil myself by trying to look up what it is, though.

http://redlettermedia.com/space-cop-teaser-poster-and-moar-updates/

They seem to be getting desperate for money, it's obvious it isn't a sustainable way keeping their entire production afloat with so much advanced content and "just" ad-money.

Would love to see them do a kickstarter or indiegogo just to give them a push.

They're already taking donations on their webpage so an indiegogo shouldn't be that different...

...Or I'm completely looking into this too much and missing the joke.

inm8num2

I would gladly help these guys with a kickstarter should they go that route.

They could do one to help fund more Best of the Worst videos, for example.

RLM are good guys and have a pretty big fan base.

I'd be up for supporting a Red Letter Media Kickstarter.

i feel like the Shoji Tabuchi show thing is going to be a long-standing item on the wheel that is built up through like another 4 episodes and then when it finally gets watched it will be the biggest let down ever.

I hope they never land on it, they're just locked into doing Wheel of the Worst until the end of time because of the desire to see a show that the random force of the universe doesn't want to be seen.

They'd probably get a bunch of money if they started a kickstarter.

I'm not so sure. There's some that never got into Half in the Bag (From the Plinkett Indy review: "give the people what they want no one cares about half in the bag you homo"), and then there's the group that will complain that they've been able to do all the Half in the Bag and Plinkett reviews without any funding, so why the "cash grab" now that they are popular, or something. People can be so fickle on how they view these things.

They've had a button for donations for years, so doing an indiegogo shouldn't make the internet rage, but then again people are stupid.

They should make better merch. They've got some incredible quotes and events to draw from with t-shirts, plushies etc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
They've had a button for donations for years, so doing an indiegogo shouldn't make the internet rage, but then again people are stupid.

Clearly, you've never heard of TheArchfiend, or Asalieri, and probably some other anti-internet capitalism and anti-crowdfunding assholes that exist but those two are the biggest. They also have followers that hang to every word they say, and spread it like it's gospel. Yeaaaah...

UrbanRats

Fantastic ending.

Also the dude on the horse (the one screaming "Kill him" at the ninjas with the bows) in Gymkata is motherfucking Richard Norton!
He was the bad guy in Mr. Nice Guy, City Hunter and so on, he's great.

davepoobond

hoooooly shit that ending was hilarious.

i actually saw Gymkata before. it was pretty great. it was pretty good, actually, in a funny bad way, i recommend watching it.

i thought they might have the visual effects guy kind of give a little more insight into the visual effects stuff, but he didn't even really say much about the effects. oh well, doesn't matter, it was a good episode.

Jasup

They had a Bud Spencer film on that wheel - twice!

I was disappointed that they didn't watch Alladin. Although there are better Bud Spencer/Terence Hill films out there with scenes like this any Bud Spencer film review would've moisten every European fan's underwear.

Jasup

I've seen Bud Spencer's Alladin several times, as a kid.
It was weird to see it on the wheel.

Yes it was weird, but it also filled me up with hope. Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies are also a part of my childhood and I would've liked to hear their take on one of them.

Oh well, maybe next time.

They had a Bud Spencer film on that wheel - twice!

I was disappointed that they didn't watch Alladin. Although there are better Bud Spencer/Terence Hill films out there with scenes like this any Bud Spencer film review would've moisten every European fan's underwear.

Oh man, didn't realise Aladdin was a Bud Spencer movie. Grew up watching him and Terrence Hill (more specifically the two Trinity films).

UrbanRats

Yes it was weird, but it also filled me up with hope. Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies are also a part of my childhood and I would've liked to hear their take on one of them.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Alladin i can see, but Bud and Terence films aren't bad enough to go on the wheel.
Infact, they aren't bad at all!

2 Superpiedi quasi piatti and Altrimenti ci arrabbiamo are my two absolute favorites of them. (also loved Pari e Dispari)

Jasup

I grew up with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill films and I love them. However I don't consider them "good" movies, I take them as they are - very entertaining B-movies. Did I mention I love them?

If they end up watching even one of them through the wheel I'd be fine with it.
How else would they end up watching them?

UrbanRats

I grew up with Bud Spencer and Terence Hill films and I love them. However I don't consider them "good" movies, I take them as they are - very entertaining B-movies. Did I mention I love them?

If they end up watching even one of them through the wheel I'd be fine with it.
How else would they end up watching them?

Well they are not in the same league as some of the shit they watch in Best of The Worst.
Although they did watch some decent flick in there (XTRO being one).

I just watched the Gorilla Interrupted DVD, and I have to say it's pretty damn good, the DVD and not the movie that is.

The movie in itself has actually got a couple of scenes that are genuinely well written and acted, while the rest are pretty subpar or annoying.

The behind the scenes documentary is great though. Pretty fascinating when Mike reveals one of the reasons that he hates Paranormal Activity is that Paramount were actually interested in investing in them making a movie on a tiny budget much in the same way they did with PA, but gave up on the project and made some PA sequels afterwards.

Jay can come off as a bit pretentious at times when talking about Gorilla Interrupted, but that's just the way he talks and Rich and Mike are also great. Only somewhat sad part of the movie is during the outtakes when Mike says digging up the movie was sort of like bringing up an old photo-album, and realizing how much thinner you were.

With that said, he's pretty goddamn handsome as a punk-rocker in Gorilla Interrupted. :p

I would definitely recommend it!

Top Bottom