• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

GavinGT

Banned
I'm glad they addressed why Half in the Bag has taken such a long break:

Some people have been wondering about the slowing down of content for the site lately. Well, here’s a big part of why! We’ve been hard at work the last few weeks shooting Mr. Plinkett segments for the film Doc of the Dead, a documentary about zombies in pop culture. It’s been very time consuming and very bloody, but hopefully everyone will enjoy the final result! We’re also working to get all of our exterior scenes for Space Cop shot before it starts to get cold outside, but have no fear: Half in the Bag will be returning soon, and we’ll of course continue episodes of Best of the Worst as well. Thanks for being patient!

http://redlettermedia.com/red-letter-media-behind-the-scenes-shooting-zombies/

Sorry to bump but I recently discovered Best of the Worst.

I don't know why but I never checked it out and needless to say, it is awesome.

So I'm in an argument with a friend regarding if he says "Calvin Bacon" or "Kevin Bacon" in the Phantom Menace review.

I say Calvin, but he says Kevin.

Help plz

haikira

Just a word of warning, but they spoil the ending of Only God Forgives in the latest HitB. I'd already seen the film, so I'm cool, but thought I'd throw a warning out for you guys.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just a word of warning, but they spoil the ending of Only God Forgives in the latest HinB. I'd already seen the film, so I'm cool, but thought I'd throw a warning out for you guys.

Oh that's how it really ends? I thought they were joking, hah.

wow I want to see that things movie so bad right now.
but I'm a bit disappointed they weren't too enthusiastic about only god forgives. I thought it was brilliant.

UrbanRats

I wouldn't call it brilliant, but i liked it more than the other Refn recent films.
More than Drive for sure.
--
How many spoilers for Conjuring? I want to watch this damn thing.

I wouldn't call it brilliant, but i liked it more than the other Refn recent films.
More than Drive for sure.
--
How many spoilers for Conjuring? I want to watch this damn thing.

hm I thought it had a very lynch-esque vibe around it. especially with the colors and stuff.

uhmm I don't recall any spoilers really. it was more background information and stuff.

jett

D-Member
Only God Forgives was awful. I can only imagine Mike would've taken a massive dump on it if he had watched it.

Cheerilee

20 minutes of a kind-of-meh episode of HitB (although I liked seeing the new set, even though they're probably not going to keep it), and 25 minutes of what really should have been an episode of Best of the Worst.

- Mr Plinkett is for in-depth deconstruction of major targets that have been released on home video.

- HitB is for casual reviews of the latest movies released in theaters.

- BotW is for really bad movies, and/or so-bad-it's-good movies.

They said they didn't know what to do with "Things", so they figured "screw it, lets just start talking about it somewhere", but it's really obviously more of a fit for BotW. Mike and Jay should've just stepped behind the set and made a standalone BotW episode for it. Actually, they didn't even need to step behind the set. They can film an episode of BotW while sitting in comfy seats on a random set, and wearing Lightning Fast VCR Repair shirts.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Yeah Things fit perfectly in BotW, i don't even see their issue with it.
Felt like wasted potential.

they dont need (and probably didn't want) to compare it to any other movie, they just wanted to talk about it and it alone.

the episode was pretty funny though, i enjoyed it anyway.

Cheerilee

they dont need (and probably didn't want) to compare it to any other movie, they just wanted to talk about it and it alone.
I figure they don't need to rigidly stick to the BotW formula, especially since they already mixed things up a bit with the Wheel of the Worst. I'm fine with a BotW episode that has only one contender (making it simultaneously the winner and the loser of that episode). And thanks to the rotating cast, I'm fine with it just being Mike and Jay (and maybe Rich if he was available, since they made him watch it).

Mostly I just figured it felt more like a BotW episode than it didn't.

the episode was pretty funny though, i enjoyed it anyway.
Yeah, I'm not really complaining, I just thought it felt misclassified.

davepoobond

I figure they don't need to rigidly stick to the BotW formula, especially since they already mixed things up a bit with the Wheel of the Worst. I'm fine with a BotW episode that has only one contender (making it simultaneously the winner and the loser of that episode). And thanks to the rotating cast, I'm fine with it just being Mike and Jay (and maybe Rich if he was available, since they made him watch it).

Mostly I just figured it felt more like a BotW episode than it didn't.

Yeah, I'm not really complaining, I just thought it felt misclassified.

i dont know why it matters, honestly.

what i think it really comes down to is people have been asking "where half in the bag is" so they didn't really have time/will to talk about movies they had both seen so we would either get a 20 minute episode, or they would also talk about Things for another 25 minutes as well. they've got no reason to pigeonhole a single bad movie they've seen in "Best of the Worst" when it doesnt fit the format of that show. BotW has more of a game-y feel to it with contenders and a winner/loser and then destroying something at the end. it is also fun watching the "judges" as they actually watch the movie, and maybe they weren't able to get everyone to watch it. i wouldnt want to see only jay and mike watching a movie they'd already seen for a 3rd time, that doesn't really sound that fun

they didn't want to do that just to talk about Things, apparently.

so, meh :p

UrbanRats

http://redlettermedia.com/quick-cuts-escape-from-tomorrow/

I like the format. Great way to get to know of smaller movies and get a more concise opinion of them from either Jay or Mike.

Also like the lighting very much, they can make things look very professional when they want them to!
Me too.
Everything that doesn't make it in HitB.
Also, sometimes in HitB they have movies only of of them saw (Only God Forgives, for instance) which makes it awkward and pointless to have a back and forth, this is a better format for those instances.

davepoobond

i'd imagine jay would be doing more of these since he's the one that seems to watch more random movies than mike does.

Cheerilee

Space Paranoids reference.

gsSdKzu.jpg

Dammit Majine! I was just about to post that! Curse you iPhone!

Will watch when at laptop. Interested to hear their thoughts on Gravity.

Top Bottom