• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

DMczaf

Their DOFP review was right in line with how I felt. It was refreshing to have a super hero movie not end with a huge end of the world action sequence where cities are destroyed and big things crash into other big things to make big things happen.

Cheerilee

I want to know Rich's opinion :-(

From a recent Pre Rec Live (paraphrased)

"I don't like XMen. XMen doesn't even make sense in the Marvel Universe. You've got super heroes crawling all over the place, but somehow the entire world fears and hates one group of them because of the way they got their powers?"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
From a recent Pre Rec Live (paraphrased)

"I don't like XMen. XMen doesn't even make sense in the Marvel Universe. You've got super heroes crawling all over the place, but somehow the entire world fears and hates one group of them because of the way they got their powers?"

That's a big part of the reason why it's just fine that they aren't in with the rest of the Marvel movies. The X-Men universe kind of works best on its own without bothering with others. The only one that ever fit in somewhat successfully was Spiderman, and he worked best himself as mostly unaccepted instead of being embraced as a hero.

Majine

Banned
The rejection note from BotW:

hEIYYKr.png

Their DOFP review was right in line with how I felt. It was refreshing to have a super hero movie not end with a huge end of the world action sequence where cities are destroyed and big things crash into other big things to make big things happen.

so lifting an entire stadium for no reason and trying to kill Richard Nixon on live television doesn't count? wat

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
oh, are you in there? what question did you ask? i might have missed it since i was out of the room waiting for them to come back on

oh, are you in there? what question did you ask? i might have missed it since i was out of the room waiting for them to come back on

Rich said he liked Alan Moore so I asked what he thought about the "Batman kills Joker" theory for The Killing Joke. He sounded genuinely excited about the question and it pleased me. Around 2:55:00.

davepoobond

i think they skipped over that question about being on NeoGAF, whoever asked that haha

Rich said he liked Alan Moore so I asked what he thought about the "Batman kills Joker" theory for The Killing Joke. He sounded genuinely excited about the question and it pleased me.

ah, nice. i think they answered one of my questions some other time, but i was in a commercial break all of a sudden, so i dont know the whole thing they said.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The Master Chief collection deserves more props I think. It's pretty amazing value. Also the bald guy fibbed by saying it was the first three games, it's actually all four main games. No mention of Bloodborne or MGSV either. No Phantom Dust mention. No Kirby mention.

It was a good video though. lol @ juxtaposing Splatoon to Assassin's Creed and CoD.

davepoobond

Felt a little empty on the analysis. It was fine for an overview but I would have liked if they spent a couple minutes extra specifically on their most anticipated game or something. I suppose itd be better for people that didnt watch conferences or read up on everything already.

UrbanRats

Felt a little empty on the analysis. It was fine for an overview but I would have liked if they spent a couple minutes extra specifically on their most anticipated game or something. I suppose itd be better for people that didnt watch conferences or read up on everything already.

I agree.
Also the "colors" thing falls a little flat for me, it's an argument with merit in certain circumstances, but i disagree with the notion that colors = great fun.
I always found it a bit of a lazy shot to take.

davepoobond

I'd love it if they fleshed out Pre-Rec into a full HitB type series.

I think it's obvious they are trying to go for quick and simple production for this stuff. They tried the game station thing before, it didnt continue. They've already got the other shows which appeal more to their base since best of the worst and half in the bag both feature their more popular cast and the subject matter is more relatable to each other (movies and videos and bad movies)

Jack and rich are essentially supporting cast as far as the on-screen talent goes, so this format suits them compared to the interest level I suppose they currently garner. The only reason I'm even watching their game stuff is because I like them, but so far their actual game analysis is pretty bland and I don't really get much of anything out of it.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I think it's obvious they are trying to go for quick and simple production for this stuff. They tried the game station thing before, it didnt continue. They've already got the other shows which appeal more to their base since best of the worst and half in the bag both feature their more popular cast and the subject matter is more relatable to each other (movies and videos and bad movies)

Jack and rich are essentially supporting cast as far as the on-screen talent goes, so this format suits them compared to the interest level I suppose they currently garner. The only reason I'm even watching their game stuff is because I like them, but so far their actual game analysis is pretty bland and I don't really get much of anything out of it.
Game Station was a much weaker concept than PR. And how dare you refer to Rich as supporting cast.

I agree that the analysis in PR hasn't been on the level of HitB, and I'm also mostly watching for Rich and Jack (I actually really like Jack) as you said. But I think I like these two guys more than you seem to, and I think there's room for growth in this series. I'd just like to see them try, since they usually end up with a really fun product, if nothing else.

davepoobond

Game Station was a much weaker concept than PR. And how dare you refer to Rich as supporting cast.

It's the same format as half in the bag except its only rich talking. Analysis with storyline and humor. It didnt develop very far. PR isn't really meant to be much more than a faux-live discussion podcasty format, hence the name.

Rich is great, don't get me wrong, but he is mostly only used as a tertiary in half in the bag. It's a little more ensemble cast for best of the worst, obviously.

I agree that the analysis in PR hasn't been on the level of HitB, and I'm also mostly watching for Rich and Jack (I actually really like Jack) as you said. But I think I like these two guys more than you seem to, and I think there's room for growth in this series. I'd just like to see them try, since they usually end up with a really fun product, if nothing else.

I like them a lot, I guess I just prefer the dynamic between jay and mike a lot more. Individually jack and rich are interesting/really funny, but as a lone duo they aren't as exciting to watch comparatively. Maybe that will iron out as they do more videos.

Or maybe they just need to analyze stuff more. Banner saga was a fine video, so maybe the e3 video will be the odd one out. They did say that they had another review video for titanfall coming up. And I enjoy their twitch broadcasts.

I need that Jesus from SOS giffed. My God. -edit:found it

geturlhttp3a2f2fi58.tpullv.gif

Also, this is apparently a recruiting video for The Family/The Children of God, a christian/hippie cult big on incest, pedophilia and prostitution. Joaquin and River Phoenix were born into it.

Here's the English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RfU5r63AXY

edit2: seems you guys already found out a couple of pages ago. My gif is better though!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Game Station was a parody of internet nerd culture shows that try to review everything though. I don't think it was ever meant to be a serious thing.

Top Bottom