• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

kewlmyc

That was...not what I was expecting, but I'm unfamiliar with the Screen Junkies YT channel. I know I've seen a video with that Hal dude but I did not put two and two together, I suppose.

I hope they don't do too many more of those.

Why? What was wrong with it?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
That was...not what I was expecting, but I'm unfamiliar with the Screen Junkies YT channel. I know I've seen a video with that Hal dude but I did not put two and two together, I suppose.

I hope they don't do too many more of those.
I liked it. I love Screen Junkies. It's entertaining. Hal is a cool guy. His Shia LaBouf episode was amazing.

Why? What was wrong with it?

Nothing wrong with it, per se. But it just wasn't my cup of tea and I didn't feel like the humor was in the same vibe as the RLM humor.

(Now I'm waiting for the inevitable "how it does fit into RLM" post...why did I set myself up for this?)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Nothing wrong with it, per se. But it just wasn't my cup of tea and I didn't feel like the humor was in the same vibe as the RLM humor.

(Now I'm waiting for the inevitable "how it does fit into RLM" post...why did I set myself up for this?)
It wasn't supposed to have the same humor. It wasn't RLM. It was someone from RLM having a conversation with someone else.

Sanjuro

I don't see the issue with it.

We are running out of things to talk about when we are complaining about the continuity of short internet videos!

Aiii

So not worth it
Great news: Doc of the Dead featuring a minimovie with (review) Mr. Plinket fighting zombies is now on Netflix US!

First time Ive seen Prerecorded, since it showed up on YT and I was bored.
Gotta say, pretty spot on E3 review. Not sure where the next gen ethusiasm comes from, I've seen all these bleak cinema games too often and really, fuck off already, Zombies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I actually liked the dead rising 2 trailer though. I can't say anything about the games since I never played them

I actually liked the dead rising 2 trailer though. I can't say anything about the games since I never played them

You mean Dead Island 2? :p Part of the problem is indeed that you can barely differentiate AAA games anymore and even though I haven't played them, it feels like I actually did.
Admittedly though, they skipped some cool announcements in their video.

I remember Rich hyping Vanquish once, I should perhaps watch more VG videos on RLM. Give me all that cynicism...

davepoobond

You mean Dead Island 2? :p Part of the problem is indeed that you can barely differentiate AAA games anymore and even though I haven't played them, it feels like I actually did.
Admittedly though, they skipped some cool announcements in their video.

I remember Rich hyping Vanquish once, I should perhaps watch more VG videos on RLM. Give me all that cynicism...

Yeah, that's what I meant. Like I said I don't play those games haha :p. i think it's more I know dead rising as a game more than dead island. I have no idea what happens In dead island.

Idk what vanquish is. I've already said my piece about the e3 video anyhow. The banner saga review is the only other video and its not bad.

dani_dc

I was rewatching Chicago Comic Con and No Brand Con HitB episodes, really wish they would make another Con videos, those were rather entertaining.

inky

ohstopz6s3l.gif

Fox318

That was a far more interesting experiment then I would've thought. It's proof of how utterly brainless and by the numbers the screenwriting process for these movies is.

I love how Jay is able to call out errors like the camera shadow.

Aiii

So not worth it
Going by this you'd almost think Bay just opened up the Transformers 1 project during editing and swapped the scenes for Transformers 2 in 1:1 from the first movie.

davepoobond

Going by this you'd almost think Bay just opened up the Transformers 1 project during editing and swapped the scenes for Transformers 2 in 1:1 from the first movie.

It has to be intentional. There is no way it isn't.

Hey had the first movie done and he probably has so much of a hard on for himself he decided to copy his own movie.

The fights are pretty graphic. They would be totally exploitation movies for robots if they were real

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I remember hearing that Transformers 2 was written during the Writers Guild of America strike of 2007-08. Maybe the copypaste was intentional because of that? Probably not.

They are braver men than I, watching all three at once. Watching one alone hurts my brain and eyes...

rekameohs

Banned

Looks like it. And then in the third one he chose to clump all of the "wacky" Shia plot in the first half and bloat the second half with all of the action to make it seem different.

Jack, Rich, and Jay are streaming X-Com: http://www.twitch.tv/previouslyrecorded_live

I just watched them play 7 hours of X-Com.... why.....

Anyway, Game Station 2.0 was not a contractual thing with Machinima, and was cancelled because Rich didn't like doing it on his own; he wanted someone to talk against (which is now Previously Recorded). Also, they talked about why they aren't doing the 48 hour film project anymore (too burnt out on HitB, BotW, etc) and they will maybe do conventions again when Space Cop is finished.

No one asked if Jay is still dating the ghost.

Fox Mulder

I know this is cherry picked from the worst moments, but I just don't get the ninja turtles.

I really need to apologize to my parents for taking me to see the movies as a kid. So awful, maybe it even led to their divorce.

I loved tmnt as a kid, but the dated 'tude and countless reboots makes me not care about whatever Bay does with it.

Top Bottom