• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

The way the voices escalate in this part killed me
ah92mrq.gif

And that was a great ending

Worst BOTW ever.

How dare they reveal to the world that there is a Robert Z'dar sex scene out there...

When first I saw Robert Z'dar I was certain he was some kind of animatronic. Every time I see him in other films I get more confused. Further damning evidence that he is in fact real.

Did they forget to censor the tits at 43 minutes in? I swear it looks like they did.

Edit: Ack I missed the scene right after where its the guy on the stairs so forget this post.

jman2050

Oh my god I watched this expecting a bunch of laughs (and did get it to be fair) and ended up with Robert Z'Dar's terrifying head potentially haunting my nightmares instead.

That cannot be a real person.

That Frank Stallone movie looked amazing, I would genuinely love to watch that with a few friends and laugh my ass off. Speaking of which, I don't think I've laughed as much at a BotW since the Deadly Prey/Hard Ticket to Hawaii/Miami Connection one about a year ago which is still my favourite RLM anything.

ckohler

Oh my god I watched this expecting a bunch of laughs (and did get it to be fair) and ended up with Robert Z'Dar's terrifying head potentially haunting my nightmares instead.

That cannot be a real person.
Yes, that's what Z'Dar looks like. He was also in several movies riffed by MST3K including Soul Taker.

dhonk

Zdar didnt look that weird to me in Samurai Cop.
samurai-cop-zdar-620x.jpg

But shave off the beard and OH MY FUCKING GOD WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Im not one to advise people to get plastic surgery, but why didnt he get plastic surgery?

"I don't like your face. You should get plastic surgery. "

His face looks weird but it isn't terribly deformed like an elephant man or something.

What was the best of the worst movie where a bunch of friends violently kill some people, and then the movie ends with a title card that says we need world peace or something?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
What was the best of the worst movie where a bunch of friends violently kill some people, and then the movie ends with a title card that says we need world peace or something?

I guess that would be Miami Connection, episode 4? Not sure though.
Edit: Bah, beaten.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well, holy shit it somehow never occured to me that the Mr Plinkett house is only a set. I'm officially an idiot.

Also, how can these guys afford a huge fucking warehouse?

Rydeen

The newest Best of the Worst was kind of middling, I guess because the "highs" in each film aren't as crazy as other flicks they've reviewed. Also the lack of Mike being surly in the roundtable is missed in this one.

The ending was great though, thumbs up to that.

Cheerilee

Well, holy shit it somehow never occured to me that the Mr Plinkett house is only a set. I'm officially an idiot.

Also, how can these guys afford a huge fucking warehouse?

Warehouses aren't as expensive as one might expect, because all they have to offer is size. Their location is usually terrible and they're a pain to heat/cool, but they've got what their customers really want, which is space to work. A similar question might be, how can these guys afford homes and food?

Also, RLM used to film Half in the Bag from a studio that was just big enough to hold the "Plinkett's House" set and some cameras, but then they found the warehouse space which they could rent for basically the same price, which allowed them to operate two or more sets at the same time, which was why they made the "VCR Repair Shop" set, and why it took them several episodes to reach the store, because it took them time to take down one set and put up two more in a new location.

Here's a time lapse of their previous move.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLPWNEyxCY

And since nobody posted it yet, here's a time lapse of RLM putting Plinkett's House back up again, after having taken it down to make sets for Space Cop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMQysf4S1Eo

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Warehouses aren't as expensive as one might expect, because all they have to offer is size. Their location is usually terrible and they're a pain to heat/cool, but they've got what their customers really want, which is space to work. A similar question might be, how can these guys afford homes and food?

I'm a patreon member guy and they actually sometimes use their warehouse to film commercials for other businesses (they built a set and everything specifically for one shoot). Dunno how common that is but I think that's how they supplement their stuff.

Top Bottom