• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I thought I could believe in Jay and Mike to not fall for Nightcrawler. Oh well.

inm8num2

I hadn't either but I watched the episode, they don't spoil anything but they do allude a bit to the endings of both movies so avoid if you want to be totally spoiler free.

Cheers. Yea usually I don't mind hearing their impressions of something before I've seen it, but I'm especially anticipating those two films so I'll resist the temptation of pizza rolls. ;)

I'm way behind on the streams. Other than Jack discussing the AGVN movie and the Halloween stream, and I missing anything good? Last stream I've watched are those two.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm way behind on the streams. Other than Jack discussing the AGVN movie and the Halloween stream, and I missing anything good? Last stream I've watched are those two.

same here. there are only about 2 hours a day that i can listen to youtube videos at work, and half of that is usually from the hour long white house press video :p

davepoobond

I wish they put dates and part x of n on the streams, it gets confusing when they have multiple videos for one day.

Also, I feel like they missed them playing risk of rain after they played cavern kings. Couldn't find that video in the playlist or the ones they uploaded.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When we ever gonna get Ninja Turf on BOTW?
tumblr_ma4wppehJW1rwbiado4_1280.png
It's incredible. And it's amazing how many similarities it has with Miami Connection. Including a middle aged high schooler, grotesque violence, and an overprotective brother who gets mad for no reason. It's actually even directed by the same dude.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Rich Evans break dancing is the hardest I've ever laughed at any RLM content. Even over the Plinkett stuff. Like I have to pause it in the first 10 seconds to not die of laughter.

Okay, so I knew that Jack had a brother and I thought maybe the kids were Jack's nephews. I googled to find a picture of his brother...
PvuRtBi.jpg

... And found out that he and Jack were behind those "Hey Pass me A Beer" videos from awhile back (Jay and Jessi even cameo). Looks like Jack did the behind-the-camera work (You hear his goofy laugh at the start of the video).

So that was a big surprise.

Edit: Shit. Jack even directed this trick bowling video featuring:

With Adam Scott, John Goodman, Craig Robinson, Almost Twins, Nick Swardson, Chris Kattan, Aubrey Plaza, Rob McElhenney, Damon Wayans Jr, Thomas Lennon, Robert Ben Garant, Jack Huston, Jon Heder, Richard Karn, Funny Or Die,

Jack isn't a hack fraud at all. He's a Hollywood shill.

Myggen

Okay, so I knew that Jack had a brother and I thought maybe the kids were Jack's nephews. I googled to find a picture of his brother...

... And found out that he and Jack were behind those "Hey Pass me A Beer" videos from awhile back (Jay and Jessi even cameo). Looks like Jack did the behind-the-camera work (You hear his goofy laugh at the start of the video).

So that was a big surprise.

Jack has done some pretty great videos for FoD over the years.

Lionel Mandrake needs to listen to the Previously Recorded Live streams to find all these wonderful useless nuggets about Jack, Rich, and Jay. Jack talks about shooting Pamela Anderson for a vid once and he talks about other shooting for Funny or Die.

Lionel Mandrake needs to listen to the Previously Recorded Live streams to find all these wonderful useless nuggets about Jack, Rich, and Jay. Jack talks about shooting Pamela Anderson for a vid once and he talks about other shooting for Funny or Die.

I do watch PrevRec streams. I guess I missed a lot more than I thought.

davepoobond

Yeah, jack does pretty well for himself, it seems. I'm surprised at the kind of work he gets being in Wisconsin, but I guess it is sort of less necessary to be in a certain place when most of the work is online anyway

I hope they arent too cynical about it since I've seen largely excitement after the teaser
though the light saber with the smaller side bursts is just hilarious though

Well I mean I'll still watch it but sometimes I watch films without cynicism so if critics in general like it but they don't I won't let it cloud my opinion. As much as I respect theirs.

This is all hypothetical though

They'll probably just mention how the trailer is exactly like the trailer for Into Darkness

Probably doesn't bode well for the film, but I wonder if it'll be bad enough to warrant a Plinkett review.

I imagine the next HitB will end with "So, Mike, did you see the new trailer for Star Wars Episode VII?"
"No, I didn't Jay, because we're at the bottom of Lake Michigan."
Cut to credits.

davepoobond

When I was watching the prequel movies in high school I had a generally positive feeling about them. I think I wasn't too concerned with how they worked in the greater story with the original trilogy.

I think more recently I am just disappointed in the prequels than anything else. I can still watch them and feel favorable towards them, but I also had the opportunity to watch the original movies on VHS before the prequels were out when I was in elementary school, so I'm in the precarious position of kind of caring about how bad the prequels are, but not really.

I do hope the next one is more like "actual" Star Wars since the prequels kind of weren't that.

When I was watching the prequel movies in high school I had a generally positive feeling about them. I think I wasn't too concerned with how they worked in the greater story with the original trilogy.

I think more recently I am just disappointed in the prequels than anything else. I can still watch them and feel favorable towards them, but I also had the opportunity to watch the original movies on VHS before the prequels were out when I was in elementary school, so I'm in the precarious position of kind of caring about how bad the prequels are, but not really.

I do hope the next one is more like "actual" Star Wars since the prequels kind of weren't that.

I feel like them casting Ford and Hamill sort of demonstrates that it won't be an "actual" Star Wars movie, ironically, because it's pretty obvious that neither of them are really age-appropriate for their roles and both of their characters' stories are fully resolved. I don't think people involved with the franchise, either Lucas or Abrams, really appreciate that Wookies or Falcons or X-wings or lightsabers aren't why people like Star Wars. It's impressive that they've managed to build such a big brand out of the good will people have for just 3 movies, because nothing else with the Star Wars name manages anywhere close to the same quality.

davepoobond

I feel like them casting Ford and Hamill sort of demonstrates that it won't be an "actual" Star Wars movie, ironically, because it's pretty obvious that neither of them are really age-appropriate for their roles and both of their characters' stories are fully resolved. I don't think people involved with the franchise, either Lucas or Abrams, really appreciate that Wookies or Falcons or X-wings or lightsabers aren't why people like Star Wars. It's impressive that they've managed to build such a big brand out of the good will people have for just 3 movies, because nothing else with the Star Wars name manages anywhere close to the same quality.

that very well may be true. right now i'm just hoping for some familiarity as well as the style of adventure we got with the OT. i think lucas' involvement is what makes the movies bad, ironically, so we'll have to see if a movie without him is beneficial

but we could be stuck with another Star Trek Into Darkness. which would not be good.

Top Bottom