• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChiefDada

Gold Member
lol

FutiLFOWcAAbgKk

Utter incompetence.

If this ends up getting above a 70 when it's missing 60fps and has so many issues, then reviews are meaningless.

I mean Star Wars was universally getting amazing scores last week despite nearly every reviewer saying its "performance mode" was stuttering and tearing and couldn't consistently hit 60 and the graphics mode sometimes was dipping below 30.

While I'd prefer 60, obviously, I'd hope at least a game could hit 30 consistently in this day and age, and if they do release a performance mode, that it actually hit 60 consistently. The fact that reviewers were saying the pre-release version of Star Wars was doing neither but was still amazing pretty much tells you reviewers do not care about framerates.

killatopak

Gold Member
Honestly just waiting if any reviewers actually had fun playing it. It can be a buggy 30 fps game and I’ll still play it as long as it has some semblance of fun.

I’ve honestly played worse. I’ve enjoyed games that are scored well below the average. I just want to see something unique.

Too many zombie games already which isn’t bad but Vampires seems like a unique take.

Also want to know if playing solo is fun. A lot of people say a coop game is fun with friends. Of course it is. Watching paint dry is fun with friends.

Last edited:

Yoboman

This is not Xbox problem.

Arkane had too many years, plus 1 year delay.
Xbox did all they can, and arkane fucked up badly.

When your own company is giving you 1 year to fix your shit and you don't, you have a serious problem.
They made a game getting GOTY nods a few years ago. Only change then has been Xbox management 🤷‍♂️

ZoukGalaxy

This thread is 95% Playstation people trying to shit on an Xbox game and attack people who want to play it.
No, it's just about an announced disaster.

Stop trying to drag it into console wars and asking a retarderesque heavy moderation.

It's just about fun.
Robot All Your Base GIF by The Yetee

Do people on gaf actually want Xbox to fail? Serious question.
Would prefer to see back the glorious Xbox from the 360 era, that was something.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned
I mean Star Wars was universally getting amazing scores last week despite nearly every reviewer saying its "performance mode" was stuttering and tearing and couldn't consistently hit 60 and the graphics mode sometimes was dipping below 30.

While I'd prefer 60, obviously, I'd hope at least a game could hit 30 consistently in this day and age, and if they do release a performance mode, that it actually hit 60 consistently. The fact that reviewers were saying the pre-release version of Star Wars was doing neither but was still amazing pretty much tells you reviewers do not care about framerates.
There were videos of performance mode running sub 30fps. It also run sub 720p. Thats failure almost as bad as cyberpunk.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
A couple of people didn't like a game you can still try out for yourself.

Damned all those "haters" that dare voice their opinion about a mediocre looking product* in a discussion forum of all places !

* especially after 2+ years of "trust us, good games are coming" promises.

This thread is 95% Playstation people trying to shit on an Xbox game and attack people who want to play it. It's weird.

The thread should be removed and these Redfall threads should be moderated hard, and I assume that's why the live tag is on.
Brochacho where do you think you are?

Gambit2483

This thread is 95% Playstation people trying to shit on an Xbox game and attack people who want to play it. It's weird.

The thread should be removed and these Redfall threads should be moderated hard, and I assume that's why the live tag is on.
1hhdHfS.gif

I'm not personally seeing anything out of line. Grow some thicker skin.

People should be able to comment about a game imploding in real time.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
People want Xbox to change, to actually improve by hard work. Buying your way to market leader is the worst option as they will fall back again and buy their way to victory. Rinse and repeat. If you have competent leadership, you can have competition. Shit management buying their way will produce what we have.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Now that we got all our shit out.

Hope this should be a lesson to Sony and MS. Never ducking showcase your gameplay alot.

Arkane/redfall should be a lesson for this.

YuLY

Smith was lead of the first Deus Ex though. Or is that now retroactively bad too, because 'PoLiTiCs iN mY ViDeO gAMeS'?

I think it's great that Bethesda and a corp like MS let their lead dev express their personal perspective, no matter if its subtle or not (in this case not). Kinda refreshing.
He also worked on Blacksite Area 51 tho :)))

People want Xbox to change, to actually improve by hard work. Buying your way to market leader is the worst option as they will fall back again and buy their way to victory. Rinse and repeat. If you have competent leadership, you can have competition. Shit management buying their way will produce what we have.
Agreed, but I swear there's gaffers that want Xbox out of the gaming industry. I couldn't imagine what Sony would try to get away with if M$ stopped making consoles.

Arkane/Bethesda (zenimax) were beloved studios. Obviously people will be interested in seeing performance under their new stewards. It's a sign of things to come

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Smith was lead of the first Deus Ex though. Or is that now retroactively bad too, because 'PoLiTiCs iN mY ViDeO gAMeS'?

I think it's great that Bethesda and a corp like MS let their lead dev express their personal perspective, no matter if its subtle or not (in this case not). Kinda refreshing.

It's not like dunking on Theranos and junk science requires a political bent in the first place.

Ogbert

Gold Member
I have zero problem with MS buying their way to domination. Just buy better.

And return Gears to its former glory.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Sometimes you gotta take a shit on a game no matter who made it.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I assume that the graphics can be adjusted on the PC version. This better not be one of those games with minimal video options.

Yeah, I honestly don't know the correct way to review a game like Jedi Survivor. It sounds like a great game with terrible performance. It's difficult to summarize that with a numerical value.

That doesn't seem to be the case here, from what I've seen. It looks like a below average game with poor performance.

But, I haven't played either, so I can't definitively say yet.

Last edited:

Hestar69

I haven't made it through any of the non-Bungie games and even some of those were painful (2, ODST). Halo > Reach > 3 >>>>> everything else.
I loved 2 it's my fav personally the SP was good and the MP was the best IMO.. I miss doing super boucnes out of levels

Gorgon

Twitter influencers should be held accountable for this shitshow as well.

For years they have been hyping up Redfall and Starfield as the second coming of Christ even though they didn’t look all that impressive to begin with.

Truth is, they’re desperate for a W against PlayStation that they’re willing to hype up whatever game is coming.

Im talking about the Colts, Tom Warrens, Jez Cordens, Destin Legaries

The Starfield hyping is understandable, though. It's a new big RPG project from the same people that makes the hugely successful Elder Scroll series and that turned the cult classic Fallout games into a mega hit. If I was MS I'd hype that shit too. Redfall on the other hand never had anything special to deserve all the hype going for it.

AmuroChan

Console warriors? Perhaps, but there's nothing wrong with calling out a company that you want to succeed when they continue to under-deliver. It's no different than sports fans calling out the owner or GM for making dumb trades and bad personnel decisions. Those fans obviously don't want the team to fail, but if the ownership consistently do things that do not benefit the team and the team isn't winning championships as a result of that, the fans are going to be pissed and be vocal about it.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I have zero problem with MS buying their way to domination. Just buy better.

And return Gears to its former glory.
But look 5 years on, you'll have studios gone to shit and IP losing value. It's already happening with the same leadership. Halo is now a fucking joke. Halo! There is no point buying unless you have leadership to not tank the studios and IP you buy.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

I don't think there is much fault here beyond Microsoft leadership giving acquired studios the autonomy to run their business when being a little heavy handed in this instance might have helped them realize this game was not ready to come out of the oven. Further, most of the traction in this thread is probably because a fairly beloved developer is releasing something so far below their usual standard.

Jaybe

Subtlety would certainly be preferred to the juvenile hit you over the head with it approach. A deft storytelling touch could have been something redeeming at the very least for this mess.

Top Bottom