• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Animated GIF
turd, cucumber or chorizo?

Salz01

Isn’t this also the first Unreal Engine 5 game, outside of Fortnite? They should have this thing looking polished and playing in pristine condition.

Hestar69

no they don't, it's not very good. The open world is well-done yea, but the story is usual 343 nonsense and the missions are super boring. There is probably a great game there but it was completely incompetently made and then they had to throw it together just to get something out the door after a year delay. Maybe not too different from this game.
really? I enjoyed it it was ALOT better than the putrid crap they put out called halo 5 (4 was alright IMO)..But yeah.. They should've delayed it a year or so and fleshed everything out (even mp)

solidus12

Twitter influencers should be held accountable for this shitshow as well.

For years they have been hyping up Redfall and Starfield as the second coming of Christ even though they didn’t look all that impressive to begin with.

Truth is, they’re desperate for a W against PlayStation that they’re willing to hype up whatever game is coming.

Im talking about the Colts, Tom Warrens, Jez Cordens, Destin Legaries

Hestar69

I didn't care much for Halo's SP campaign but I really think the downfall started with the introduction of Brutes in Halo 2.
I don't mind the brutes I think the downfall started with bungie leaving obviously. halo 4 was ok imo,but 5 was so terrible I had to force myself to finish it even though I hated it.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Redfall [OT] Black Hole Fun

Redfall [OT] Game pass!

Redfall [OT] Tears of the Kingdom

Redfall [OT] The 60fps patch will be ready in a Fortnite!

Redfall [OT] Making gamers everywhere reconsider 343i and Halo: Infinite

Redfall [OT] Arkane always delivers the goods...except, well, you know, this time

Redfall [OT] Buy this game or Microsoft exits the console biz

Redfall [OT] GoTY Redfall t-shirts sent to Sudanese refugees amidst growing violence

Redfall [OT] MS offers 10-year Redfall exclusivity deal to Ouya, Soulja Boy, and Texas Instruments graphing calculators

Redfall [OT] Harvey Smith pauses to reflect on his career: "And people thought Deus Ex: Invisible War was bad...wait until they get a load of Redfall."

Redfall [OT] At least there's representation!

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I don't mind the brutes I think the downfall started with bungie leaving obviously. halo 4 was ok imo,but 5 was so terrible I had to force myself to finish it even though I hated it.

I haven't made it through any of the non-Bungie games and even some of those were painful (2, ODST). Halo > Reach > 3 >>>>> everything else.

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Redfall [OT] Game pass!

Redfall [OT] Arkane always delivers the goods...except, well, you know, this time

Redfall [OT] GoTY Redfall t-shirts sent to Sudanese refugees amidst growing violence

Redfall [OT] MS offers 10-year Redfall exclusivity deal to Ouya, Soulja Boy, and Texas Instruments graphic calculators

Redfall [OT] Harvey Smith pauses to reflect on his career: "And people thought Deus Ex: Invisible war was bad...wait until they get a load of Redfall."

Redfall [OT] I've come to suck.........your blood

Dr_Ifto

Redfall [OT] Game pass!

Redfall [OT] MS offers 10-year Redfall exclusivity deal to Ouya, Soulja Boy, and Texas Instruments graphic calculators

Redfall [OT] Harvey Smith pauses to reflect on his career: "And people thought Deus Ex: Invisible war was bad...wait until they get a load of Redfall."

That went south, quick.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Twitter influencers should be held accountable for this shitshow as well.

For years they have been hyping up Redfall and Starfield as the second coming of Christ even though they didn’t look all that impressive to begin with.

Truth is, they’re desperate for a W against PlayStation that they’re willing to hype up whatever game is coming.

Im talking about the Colts, Tom Warrens, Jez Cordens, Destin Legaries
Starfield will be a good game.

It’s flagship Bethesda. It will be a huge buggy mess, but also an enormous role playing game that you can get lost in.

I’m not worried about it.

Just ignore Twitter dorks.

GHG

Gold Member
Wait, this was supposed to be an immersive sim?

https://www.pcgamer.com/with-redfal...radical-new-approach-to-immersive-sim-design/

And on the games website... :

Redfall is an open-world, co-op FPS from Arkane Austin, the award-winning team behind Prey and Dishonored. Continuing Arkane’s legacy of carefully crafted worlds and immersive sims, Redfall brings the studio’s signature gameplay to this story-driven action shooter.

https://bethesda.net/en/game/redfall

Not seeing much of that "signature" gameplay to be honest.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Seriously, the game is coming out at 7pm Central? WTF? Most latest release ever.

Last edited:

feynoob

Banned
Starfield will be a good game.

It’s flagship Bethesda. It will be a huge buggy mess, but also an enormous role playing game that you can get lost in.

I’m not worried about it.

Just ignore Twitter dorks.
It's Bethesda and it isn't co-op.

Redfall main issue is co-op. Co-op games aren't like the past. All current ones have been failure.

AmuroChan

welcome to 'make my skin crawl!' starring your host, mitch dyer!...

i'd watch...

Would you expect anything less from a guy who tried to rationalize that the human eye cannot tell the difference between 720p and 1080p? Also, same guy went on to write the terrible campaigns of Battlefront II and Gotham Knights.

ZoukGalaxy

Redfall [OT] Game pass!

Nah, this one is above EVERYTHING ON UNIVERSE since the creation of the time.

Redfall [OT] Game will be even better than Forspoken... Trust me.

j1OtXaN.jpg

Last edited:

LordCBH

I’m morbidly curious to experience this impending train wreck. Think I’ll open the Gamepass app on my pc and download it to see how awful it is for myself. The Xbox low bar for me is Crackdown 3. Can they manage to go lower?

Top Bottom