• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kurotri

This thread is about to be a big firework and it's all thanks to you lovely people

dZbvh9n.jpg

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
You are angered at the wrong people.

DAT almost makes a Lot of difference.

Well just think of all the revenge you will get when the 10s start rolling in.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

It's not even that. By all accounts it sure seems like this game isn't going to review well, and that sucks.

But I just don't get the mentality of having to dogpile on games people have been looking forward to. The "LOL THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!" type posts grow old.

I didn't do shit like that for Callisto Protocol, or Gotham Knights, or Forspoken, or Saint's Row, or the plethora of other disappointing games that have recently dropped. It's just needless trolling/spreading negativity.

Oh well.

sachos

"Oh won't someone think of the devs"
@Tommi84 Why? They are the reason why the game seems to be bad. Also, they should be getting the salaries for the whole time so they got paid already for their work.
Im not asking anyone to act in any way. Im all for valid criticism, just saying i feel bad for them because i think the criticism will be even harsher due to the recent Xbox bad news. Also, you can feel bad while being a critic i don't think its mutually exclusive.

Banjo64

cumsessed
It's not even that. By all accounts it sure seems like this game isn't going to review well, and that sucks.

But I just don't get the mentality of having to dogpile on games people have been looking forward to. The "LOL THIS LOOKS LIKE SHIT!!!" type posts grow old.

I didn't do shit like that for Callisto Protocol, or Gotham Knights, or Forspoken, or Saint's Row, or the plethora of other disappointing games that have recently dropped. It's just needless trolling/spreading negativity.

Oh well.
xbox sold me a console on pure hopium - they can't promise the bangers are coming soon and then deliver games like this.

RGB'D

Titanfall had good praise

Ryse wasn’t amazing but I’d take it compared to the output we currently have
720p-fest Ryse? Literally that's all anyone could talk about. And Titanfall had some praise, but most of the NeoGaf coverage was it being a shit multiplayer only.

Y’all I was hoping to play Redfall but I may try out Psychonauts 2 instead?

Worth it? How long?

I could also try and finish Hi Fi Rush

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I mostly agree with you, which is why I said in this very thread that if this game is as bad as early reviews have hinted at, there needs to be conversations about a change of leadership at Xbox.

So your negative take on it is ok, but negative takes from others is not?

I'm surprised people voting in the poll actually think it'll end up in the 60s, this looks like a solid 40s kind of game from what I've watched. Just awful in almost every way

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Like does it even matter. People are going to play it because it's free or whatever. Microsoft seemingly have no measure of success other that someone played it for and hour so the engagement line goes up. Like how the fuck are you supposed to improve when there is no failure state. This shit sucks.

They want games to fill up GamePass.

Me and some others on GAF have been saying this for years now. This was ALWAYS going to be the path that Gamepass was going to take. The lack of a true incentive structure makes it so that the platform holder doesn't have to truly make a great game anymore. Just do "just enough" to get your $9.99 a month.

bender

What time is it?
Don't forget it's the same clown, while he worked at IGN, who made up the why Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog rumours. The same shit people believe to this day. But a sentence saying how could a normally great team produce this dud is too much #bekind

Someone tell Mitch the genesis of Snowball Entertainment.

c46d0ecb-3639-4237-b24c-0572a3658904_text.gif

Last edited:

Otre

Banned
aw shit, i was looking forward to this one. Back to [watching a stream] of Tears of the Kingdom on ryujinx i guess.

Last edited:

Nydius

It’s an hour
Another person who doesn't understand time zones.

5pm Pacific / 6pm Mountain / 7pm Central / 8pm Eastern / 9pm Atlantic / Midnight GMT

Two hours.
Embargo drops the exact same time as global release.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom