• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rejected Pixar Movie [Mafia] | Won't Someone Think of the Children?

How I'm reading shit right now

Ninja means there has to be a tracker/watcher
Cop means there's a non-zero chance there's a godfather
At the end of D2, scum would have known that there was a cop (mellon, who they knew was a cop since LP was a Ninja), tracker/watcher (once again, because ninja) and possibly some form of protective role (from Ouro's soft claim). Based on that, I can think of a few scenarios.

1. Scum tried to kill mellon despite Ouro's claim that he'd protect her, gets blocked.
2. Scum tried to kill Ouro since he could keep them from night killing. Ouro protects himself.
3. Scum targets someone else to avoid getting blocked and/or find the tracker. Ouro gets lucky and blocks them anyway.
4. Scum doesn't kill, since there's a chance they could get tracked, and taking the night off could give them the chance to come off clean.

Ourobolus

Banned
How I'm reading shit right now

Ninja means there has to be a tracker/watcher
Cop means there's a non-zero chance there's a godfather
At the end of D2, scum would have known that there was a cop (mellon, who they knew was a cop since LP was a Ninja), tracker/watcher (once again, because ninja) and possibly some form of protective role (from Ouro's soft claim). Based on that, I can think of a few scenarios.

1. Scum tried to kill mellon despite Ouro's claim that he'd protect her, gets blocked.
2. Scum tried to kill Ouro since he could keep them from night killing. Ouro protects himself.
3. Scum targets someone else to avoid getting blocked and/or find the tracker. Ouro gets lucky and blocks them anyway.
4. Scum doesn't kill, since there's a chance they could get tracked, and taking the night off could give them the chance to come off clean.

You have anything from last night that is relevant?

Kyan, machina, Pop, Kawl, Gorlak - you have any info from last night, pertaining to the no-kill?

No, I'm just vanilla town.

Assuming I take your word as being town-aligned and Nin isn't a godfather, then I don't have any good reads.

Not at my desktop at the moment.

Going to be several hours before I can sit down and look through posts more clearly.

I will also throw out right now that, no matter how much Ouro's pressuring you guys, I really think it might be a good idea if our tracker/watcher doesn't reveal their info just yet. I'm thinking scenario 4 is more likely than we'd want it to be, which could mean you'd be unknowingly clearing scum.

Ourobolus

Banned
I will also throw out right now that, no matter how much Ouro's pressuring you guys, I really think it might be a good idea if our tracker/watcher doesn't reveal their info just yet. I'm thinking scenario 4 is more likely than we'd want it to be, which could mean you'd be unknowingly clearing scum.

I wasn't pressuring the tracker. A tracker might see someone move, bu they won't have info relating to a no-kill. I'd prefer they don't reveal, but it's up to them.

Kawl_USC

I feel pretty strongly that we are not looking at hydro cannon 2.0

I'd love to hear your theory on what happened last night

Let's recap.

D1 was a diaster and Sorian lynched. LP made some weird claims about what scum may or may not doing in the voting and was generally kept cagey. Similarly to how he was in Pokémon which got me suspicious.

N1 I checked LP. LP or scummate(s) kills Stan.
LP comes back as a scum hit. I say as much on D2. You all run with the tracker/watcher after Ouro suggests it. Ouro wants me to check exmachina (who openly agrees) but later say that I should check whomever as I'll be fine, I'm paraphrasing a bit because I'm on mobile but you get the idea. Ouro soft claim and cryptic message end the day.

Scum knows I'm not a tracker/watcher because of LP being a ninja so there is a chance they can use that against me the following day.

I choose nin for N2 because as I've expressed something seemed off. I got town this time. I'm more inclined to believe it than not for the moment.

It is possible the doctor protected me or scum choose not directly against me. All they had to go on was a possibility I might check exmachina. It is also possible Ouro however he's reluctant to claim exactly what he is.

There could be a weird series or circumstances that go us to the point where no one was killed last night or it is made to look that.

I think D2 surprised scum because they didn't think their ninja would be caught so easily.

If I was scum. I would steer the cop away by claiming or soft claiming doctor.

Ouro, claim.

Ourobolus

Banned
also think ya should just go ahead and shit or get off the pot so that we don't waste an appreciable amount of the day sitting around waiting with bated breathe

Sigh.

You're probably right. Knowing Kyan he'll come in with some BS that throws a wrench into it, true or no.

One sec.

Ourobolus

Banned
Ok, so this involves a super ballsy play by scum. I'm aware it's not incredibly likely, but given that we don't have any info yet on what happened last night, it's the best I got for now.

D1
melon claims tracker (well says that she "knows [LP] did stan dirty," which implies that LP is not only scum but the one that killed stan...so more info than a cop would know) and throws a lot of cop gifs
claims that she tracked LP and that he visited stan.
I give a recommendation to track exmachina, to which melon responds with another gif, which I assume was an agreement or something, I don't know.
I back off that and just figure she can track whomever, since I wasn't entirely sold on machina at the time.
Day ends and I subtly mention that melon doesn't have to worry during the night
LP is lynched, is scum, ninja

D2
No death
melon decides she is now a cop instead of a tracker and has checked nin as town

Ok. So let's frame this as melon being scum. Here's where it gets weird.

Melon busses teammate LP (for whatever reason, up to, and including #unnecessarygambit) in order to gain town cred. Makes sense. I mean, it's D2, but it IS a smaller game.

Bussing is fine and all, but it's not a surefire way to suddenly become townie in everyone's eyes.

So how do you suddenly become townie?

get attacked and protected by the doctor

I breadcrumbed pretty heavily that I would protect melon during the night, in part because my role isn't all that great, and if melon is town scum would have to choose whether to kill me or gamble on melon being killed. If they chose me, we'd get another track.

But if we assume scum!melon, then the way to become townie is to just not submit a kill, since she can't target herself (assumedly since it's playing against their win con).

"But Ouro, why didn't she just kill you?"

Good question, random townie. She couldn't kill me because I'd need to be around the next day to say "yep, I protected melon."

I didn't protect melon. Nor did I protect anyone else. Like I said, I don't think my role is all that useful.

So until I get more info:

Vote: melonrabbit

Kawl_USC

Dawg melon already knows that LP flips ninja in that situation. That would be pretty fucking dumb to fake claim tracker.

Kawl_USC

But she says she claimed cop

in your proposed situation though scum!melon was claiming tracker day 1 using the words that she "knew LP had done stan dirty" and had to change that when LP flipped ninja.

But none of that was new information to scum!melon. The messyness of how melon's claim is coming off now lends it credence in my eyes, it does not lean towards hydro cannon.

Kawl_USC

well ouro,

youtriedstar.jpeg

someone got protected last night and it wasn't melon.

let's move on from that tangent now.

Ourobolus

Banned
in your proposed situation though scum!melon was claiming tracker day 1 using the words that she "knew LP had done stan dirty" and had to change that when LP flipped ninja.

But none of that was new information to scum!melon. The messyness of how melon's claim is coming off now lends it credence in my eyes, it does not lean towards hydro cannon.

Take it as you will. She said that, but may not have been aware of the tracker implication until after posting it. Hence the GIFs before the claim.

Ourobolus

Banned
Tell me, Kawl, what is the easiest PR for scum to claim?

And do you really think there is both a Tracker and a Cop in this game?

Kawl_USC

Tell me, Kawl, what is the easiest PR for scum to claim?

And do you really think there is both a Tracker and a Cop in this game?

day 3 sure. day 2 with no pressure on LP. no sorry don't believe it.

early bussing is bad. full stop.

I don't believe that scum would be okay with it.

and I expressed my questioning, and provided what I feel is a reasonable explanation between scum being a godfather/ninja team.

and the built in hindrances of my own role.

it isn't out of the question.

But she says she claimed cop

I never claimed anything but cop. You claimed tracker/watcher for me.

Why would I bus LP on D2 when likely you or someone else would've been lynched. Why would scum sacrifice their ninja. Wouldn't it make far more sense to LP to claim and bus me and have me turbo'd?

Also, I notice you still didn't claim.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't know why you'd sacrifice a ninja, other than becoming essentially confirmed town would give you time to find the Tracker since they most likely would not target you

But the tracker can't follow the ninja so why even take that chance?

Are you claiming or not?

Did you do something on N1 or not? Does this have to do with Kyan dumb opening post or not?

Kawl_USC

I don't know why you'd sacrifice a ninja, other than becoming essentially confirmed town would give you time to find the Tracker since they most likely would not target you

I think history has shown that gafia doesn't take the early bussing bait hook line and sinker. this theory is just too out there imo.

any other thoughts?

Ourobolus

Banned
I think history has shown that gafia doesn't take the early bussing bait hook line and sinker. this theory is just too out there imo.

any other thoughts?

A little bit on you for emoting so hard on hydro cannon
Kyan and machina are still a little on my list

but those are all after melon

You can believe me and we can be constructive for the rest of the day.

Or you can mislynch, find out I'm cop and then lose a potential result for N3.

My use to as a cop is limited now that I'm in the open, but since this is a small game and I hit scum immediately I claimed early to help town.

If you think I'm not longer useful you can lynch me.

But I will say the fact you're turning this all around on me after I've been honest and willing to all answer you questions and you have yet to share anything or even acknowledge any of my theories leaves me very uncertain about you, Ouro.

Your "plan" has gotten you a lot of soft claims and right now a way to get rid of the cop.

Ourobolus

Banned
But I will say the fact you're turning this all around on me after I've been honest and willing to all answer you questions and you have yet to share anything or even acknowledge any of my theories leaves me very uncertain about you, Ouro.

Your "plan" has gotten you a lot of soft claims and right now a way to get rid of the cop.

Not trying to get rid of a cop.

And I have nothing useful to share.

Please continue to be uncertain though.

Not trying to get rid of a cop.

And I have nothing useful to share.

Please continue to be uncertain though.

Fine. I'm your number one suspect. You're slowly becoming mine.

If we look beyond each other and I assume you town for a brief second... who has been acting off to you? In relate to day's events. Would you say exmachina has been highly detached to the discussion at hand for the entire game? Would you agree with Pop and Nin coasting? Kuan being highly antagonistic against all parties? And Karl acting the right questions, being reasonably agreeable bit not ad critical of my claim as you.

And then there is Gorlak who also pointed at LP being scum and likely the one who killed Stan. You've mentioned nothing about that. Do you think he was lucky in his guess or my other scummate?

Besides me which would you vote for?

Ourobolus

Banned
Fine. I'm your number one suspect. You're slowly becoming mine.

If we look beyond each other and I assume you town for a brief second... who has been acting off to you? In relate to day's events. Would you say exmachina has been highly detached to the discussion at hand for the entire game? Would you agree with Pop and Nin coasting? Kuan being highly antagonistic against all parties? And Karl acting the right questions, being reasonably agreeable bit not ad critical of my claim as you.

And then there is Gorlak who also pointed at LP being scum and likely the one who killed Stan. You've mentioned nothing about that. Do you think he was lucky in his guess or my other scummate?

Besides me which would you vote for?

I gave some small reasoning above.

Currently:
Kawl for his excessive emoting about hydro cannon
exmachina has just kinda been...there
Kyan is Kyan and is just one big ball of WIFOM

you gonna sleep for like 40 hours straight or something?

I'm like super tired

Top Bottom