• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Mojo said:
Also Bungie needs to stop with the Assist challenges *shudder*

Bungie needs to evaluate the challenge credit values as well.

One level of Co-op Legendary is 1550 cR, but one level of legendary without dying is 1250 cR? That makes no fucking sense.

They need to do fun/unique challenges like "Mario Style - Kill 10 enemies in multiplayer while jumping in the air" or "Noobtubers No More - End an opponent's killing spree using heavy weapons".

I don't know. A little more imagination.

That and more credits per challenge.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Well it's important to ask this, how is he still one shot?

If he's hiding and is perfectly safe, it won't take 10 seconds for his shields to fully recharge.

Let's say as his shields are beginning to come back about 7 seconds later, a teammate accidentally throws a grenade near by and he is brought back down to no shields. Then about 5 seconds later he's cleaned up. Do you really deserve to get the assist in that situation?

What if you put him to one shot, and he's running away and just as his shields are at about half way, he gets hit by a teammate of yours and his shields are dropped again. Then about 5 seconds later a grenade kills him from another teammate of yours. Who gets the assist in that situation? You after you dropped his shields 20 seconds ago? I would say yes but that could potentially go on and on until the match ends. Your teammate who kept his shields off? Should anyone get the assist?

It's a difficult judgment call to make. I wish I knew exactly what Halo 3's system was, I liked that one a lot more. It must have also been time based but how come it worked better?
The problem with that is that the teammate who ends up taking his shields back down won't get an assist either because he most likely didn't do 60% to take his weak shields back down. Their whole assist system is broken. :(

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shoogoo said:
Pinnacle is horrible. I have yet to play a game where people don't camp those goddamn towers
It's called map control and if anything because those area's get camped, you know where the enemy will be 9/10 times, besides, a well coordinated attack on those camped area's would take out either tower just fine.
thetrin said:
Pinnacle Team Sniper is basically the worst thing ever created. SWAT on The Cage is almost as horrific.
Haven't played Team Sniper on Pinnacle, so can't comment. As for SWAT on The Cage, I've found spawn camping in the more open area's like the ramp on the side of the middle house, can net you an alright amount of kills. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Buckethead said:
They need to do fun/unique challenges like "Mario Style - Kill 10 enemies in multiplayer while jumping in the air" or "Noobtubers No More - End an opponent's killing spree using heavy weapons".

I don't know. A little more imagination.

That and more credits per challenge.

I agree that the credit values should be increased. Actually attaining all of a day's challenges should put a serious dent in my current rank exp.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
The problem with that is that the teammate who ends up taking his shields back down won't get an assist either because he most likely didn't do 60% to take his weak shields back down. Their whole assist system is broken. :(

This is the problem. I think tomorrow I'm gonna fire up Halo 3 and test it out. Just to see what the differences are and then maybe we can come up with a good solution.

thetrin said:
I agree that the credit values should be increased. Actually attaining all of a day's challenges should put a serious dent in my current rank exp.
Maybe you should get maybe a 2500 cR boost for completing all the daily challenges and if you do all of them in a week maybe 10,000 or something.

Magni

Buckethead said:
Maybe you should get maybe a 2500 cR boost for completing all the daily challenges and if you do all of them in a week maybe 10,000 or something.

That would be nice. Got 3/4 challenges today, but don't see why I'd do the Campaign one credits-wise..

Goodness I said maybe like 12 times there. Eeesh. My apologies, english language.

Like ummmmmm I totally like ummm like Halo like like ilike

CougRon

Damn it, the "If They Come to Hear Me Beg" achievement is broken, I don't care if some people were able to get it. I must have jumped off that cliff 100 times and I assassinated that elite a good 20-30 of them and not once did it give me the achievement. Yes, I made sure to turn off the sprint at the height of my leap, I still didn't get the achievement.

Trasher

CougRon said:
Damn it, the "If They Come to Hear Me Beg" achievement is broken, I don't care if some people were able to get it. I must have jumped off that cliff 100 times and I assassinated that elite a good 20-30 of them and not once did it give me the achievement. Yes, I made sure to turn off the sprint at the height of my leap, I still didn't get the achievement.
The elite has to be on flat ground. I've said this many times.

Buckethead said:
These kinds of challenges warp Multiplayer behaviour. They should save goofy or hyperspecific ones for Campaign or maybe Firefight. Multiplayer challenges are rightly vanilla, and even e.g. Throwing Fireballs feels like it tampers with how people play a little too much.

And yeah, this game has serious problems with host migration. It just seems to happen far, far too frequently. If the host quits, it's unavoidable, sure. If the game is intolerably laggy, cool, migrate the host.

But there are still plenty of games where we've gone through matchmaking, through 'match found', through at least one round of voting, through map loading, to black screen, to the Auntie Dot loading screen, back to black screen, to the scores coming up, back to black screen, to the game finally appearing with a countdown to choose loadouts, to spawning... and then five seconds later it decides to migrate the host when everyone has green bars. It's a nightmare when playing customs because whenever anyone jumps in the game decides it wants to reassess host, even if the connections are fine for everyone, so if you're playing a sloppy pickup slayer game, you might see the host migration screen three or four times that match if people keep hopping in. And that means everyone has power weapons by the end.

Tashi0106 said:
This is the problem. I think tomorrow I'm gonna fire up Halo 3 and test it out. Just to see what the differences are and then maybe we can come up with a good solution.
I mean you're more invested and knowledgeable about this than I am, but it seems step 1 should be making the assist window the exact length of a standard shield recharge.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
dslgunstar said:
Man, these 15 minute breaks Bungie gives you for quitting when the bullshit gets to be too much to handle are great. Grab beer, watch some tv, and by the time the itch to play again comes back, the ban is over.

This is why the ban system is broken, tards like you don't feel it's a penalty. Up that shit to 15 DAYS

Before the medal tallies are completely forgotten and the challenges update here are my top 10s - not played any Arena:

Competitive:

1. 336 headshots
2. 159 assists
3. 73 revenge
4. 67 pummels
5. 65 doubles
6. 46 reload this
7. 42 avengers
8. 38 sniper kills
9. 36 avenge me
10. 30 killing sprees

Invasion:

1. 127 headshots
2. 84 assists
3. 42 pummels
4. 33 revenge
5. 23 avengers
6. 22 needle kills
7. 21 emp blasts
8. 19 reload this
9. 17 avenge me
10. 16 doubles

Trasher

CougRon said:
That ground don't get much flatter. He definitely wasn't on a rock.
You doing it on the last level? I had issues with the ground being uneven and I wouldn't even take any damage after jumping off. So I ended up waiting for the elite to move over to the right side where the ground was more flat.

So I tried to upload a clip from an assault game just now and had that problem someone mentioned earlier that they weren't allowed to because of the word "ass" being in the description. That's just ridiculous Bungie. Bungie's own descriptions aren't uploadable. :lol

Challenges:

One Spartan Army - 2000cR

Kill 400 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Be Their Huckleberry - 900cR

Kill 40 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol.

Going Outpost-al - 800cR

Kill 100 enemies on Outpost on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

Bulletproof - 1200cR

Complete 3 Rounds in a Firefight Matchmaking game without dying.

LordAlu

How are you supposed to set the difficulty level on Firefight Matchmaking? Is it always on Heroic, or do I have to hope when it eventually comes up on matchmaking that it's the Heroic version?

Trasher

LordAlu said:
How are you supposed to set the difficulty level on Firefight Matchmaking? Is it always on Heroic, or do I have to hope when it eventually comes up on matchmaking that it's the Heroic version?
It's always on Heroic.

Kujo

LordAlu said:
It's always Heroic. Maybe in the future they'll change that, seeing as there's a bunch of stats in your service record on FF that you can't even work towards at the moment (number of sets completed, wat)

Trasher

Alright everyone. Prepare yourselves for the extraordinary: The Invisible Wall

I guess I'll give you a little info about this haha. So we are playing 1 bomb, and one of the other team's players ends up betraying someone accidentally. Well the guy that got betrayed was pretty pissed because he was mid plant when it happened, and so he boots him out. Well there was a drop shield down at the plant area when he boots him, and we end up going to black screen while a new host is chosen. So when we came back from black screen there was an invisible drop shield in the plant area. :lol

Here's a pic I found from when after the host changed when the guy got booted. It disappears almost right away though. http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4066469&player=TJ Trasher

witness

LordAlu said:

Pretty sure if its a full 4 person group its set to Heroic.

Awesome challenges, love me some Firefight and can't get enough. Lets start making that dent in Warrant Officer 3....

Tashi0106 said:
Well you need a time limit in this system. What if you bring a guy to one shot, he runs away and isn't killed until a minute later. You shouldn't get the assist. I do think however the timer system wasn't necessarily the way to go with assist calculation but at this point it's too late. The timer I believe should be increased.

That doesn't need a timer, that just needs to check if the damage you've done has regenerated. If I take someone's shields down, and they regenerate to exactly 50% before a teammate gets the kill, I should still get an assist.

If the damage is fractional - say I take someone's shields down by half, and a teammate does the same, and the shields regenerate back up to 50%, then it should could me as having done 25% of the shield damage at that point.

I'd also track shield and health damage seperately, because if I take someone to an inch from death before their shields regenerate, I shouldn't lose that assist if a few teammates come in and drop the shields a few times without killing him.

This has the slight downside that if everyone shoots equally, the one who damages the health has an advantage with assists if an opponent escapes, but I think the advantages of recognising when you make it easier for a teammate by wiping out someone's health outweigh it.

There's no need for a timer, just the game keeping track of the damage, which is supposedly already does, and what has been regenerated (obviously resetting damage when picking up a health pack, or shields regenerating). The rest takes care of itself.

Those should take, ooh, half an hour, depending on how often Outpost comes up.

Just go in to Score Attack and keep vetoing until Outpost turns up.

LordAlu

Thanks for all the replies. Bungie could have made that a little clearer - I kept searching for the difficulty option like the normal Firefight mode has!

Er... to my shame I might have a voice ban, which is even more puzzling due to the fact I only play with people on my friends list.

How do I find out for certain and is the ban indefinite?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Photolysis said:
That doesn't need a timer, that just needs to check if the damage you've done has regenerated. If I take someone's shields down, and they regenerate to exactly 50% before a teammate gets the kill, I should still get an assist.

If the damage is fractional - say I take someone's shields down by half, and a teammate does the same, and the shields regenerate back up to 50%, then it should could me as having done 25% of the shield damage at that point.

I'd also track shield and health damage seperately, because if I take someone to an inch from death before their shields regenerate, I shouldn't lose that assist if a few teammates come in and drop the shields a few times without killing him.

This has the slight downside that if everyone shoots equally, the one who damages the health has an advantage with assists if an opponent escapes, but I think the advantages of recognising when you make it easier for a teammate by wiping out someone's health outweigh it.

There's no need for a timer, just the game keeping track of the damage, which is supposedly already does, and what has been regenerated (obviously resetting damage when picking up a health pack, or shields regenerating). The rest takes care of itself

I totally agree. I don't like the timer at all but is it possible for Bungie to change the way assists are calculated? Is that something technically possible to patch in? I don't know.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
How does the bulletproof challenge works ? I just finished 1 match, and got 1/3 at the end. Now on the challenge window, it says 0/3.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Last night i turned into god.

I was chilling ontop of a TANK on a big team battle, popping fools from the safty of the tank , then i see 3 red jackasses in a warhog going over a hill and lifting of the ground into the air , towards the part of the tank im standing so what do i do , i camly press the ARMOR LOCK button and fuck that warhog up, from ONTOP of the tank

gonna go on halo reach just now, smoke some grass, drink some coffeee and lose my entire day :lol :lol

Kandrick said:
How does the bulletproof challenge works ? I just finished 1 match, and got 1/3 at the end. Now on the challenge window, it says 0/3.
Thinking the challenges are allocated randomly and they haven't implemented classic firefight into matchmaking yet so it may be impossible...
Hope I am proven wrong tho cause the same thing just happened to me

Gui_PT

droppedbear said:
Thinking the challenges are allocated randomly and they haven't implemented classic firefight into matchmaking yet so it may be impossible...
Hope I am proven wrong tho cause the same thing just happened to me

It's 3 rounds in one game. Not 3 rounds in 3 games. Once you're out of a game, it restarts.

Gui_PT

Kandrick said:
Uh ? I did 2 games without dying at all, and only got 1/3 at the end everytime.

Because every game you play is 1 round only. So you only get 1/3 every game you play. You need to play a game that has 3 rounds and not die.

Magni, honestly, I have no idea. FF MM is only 1 round, right?

I don't think SWAT is that bad, but I can totally agree with having it in a separate playlist. What does irritate me about it however, is how it feels as though you're opponents can hit you but you can't hit them... Seems to happen an awful lot to me. I'll be shooting across the map (w/o red crosshair) and I'll get hit by the guy on the other end when I can't hit him. It doesn't make sense.

All FF matchmaking at the moment is only 1 round. I think this was Bungie's attempt to stop everyone completing all the challenges by making one impossible.

Magni

Tomorrow's challenge: Get a Perfection in the Team Objective playlist. does Bungie even think about these challenges? Wow :lol

remz

Shoogoo said:
Bulletproof is impossible. Both Score Attack and FF MM only have 1 round. Nice one Bungie :D
isn't it one set of 5 rounds (?) haven't played yet.

edit: Oh so it is a goof? ahahahah!

I can probably get the rest pretty easily though. I really like these challenges, I've been able to get most so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom