• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

xxjuicesxx said:
Just realized I had one of these in Competitive

Thank_the_Maker%21.png

Win a game when a Bungie employee is on the other team. Get shit on random Bungie employee. :D
I just checked earlier today and noticed the same thing. I wonder who it was!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Meh I think I'm over halo. I'm done with this game. shooting 300 rounds at an enemy just to deplete their shields and having no feedback what so ever gets so tedious especially on legendary. cheap one hit deaths. crappy frame rate. and every mp match I play is either swat snipers, or infection.

I had a day break just to see if I was fatigued from the series and came back to it this morning, played for 20 min this morning and I was literally sighing from bordom.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Grady Durden said:
I agree good sir. It behooved me in this situation, but I would be pretty upset if I was on the opposing team.
Eh, he definitely made a clean gettaway but dropping it and getting into a orange lift is only a few seconds more.

Victrix

*beard*
TEH-CJ said:
I had a day break just to see if I was fatigued from the series and came back to it this morning, played for 20 min this morning and I was literally sighing from bordom.

You are required to post a youtube video of you playing the game and literally sighing from boredom.

Or you'll get banned.

Hurry!

Trasher

Grady Durden said:
I agree good sir. It behooved me in this situation, but I would be pretty upset if I was on the opposing team.
It seems to be whenever there is uneven ground. That is what's causing a lot of people to get so frustrated with the ITCTHMB achievement.

LAUGHTREY said:
Eh, he definitely made a clean gettaway but dropping it and getting into a orange lift is only a few seconds more.
That's the thing about it though. I believe it is impossible to make the jump into the orange lifts while holding the Core.

Trasher said:
That's the thing about it though. I believe it is impossible to make the jump into the orange lifts while holding the Core.

I didn't think I would be able to make it to an orange lift while holding the core and since I was being chased, I just hoped to get it in a favorable position for one of my teammates to score it. Turns out I survived and scored it myself. Broken fall damage FTW!

GDJustin said:
Teammate spawned in front of me on multiteam SWAT just as I'm pulling the trigger. I shoot him in the head and he boots me:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4008652&player=ErrorJustin

Thanks buddy!

He finished 4th by himself. Good chance we would have won if I finished.
It's clear from the video that you're an out of control maniac, and deserve a temp ban from MM to give you time to think about the things you've done.

haha ;)

Was this your first betrayal of the day?

NH Apache

Banned
GDJustin said:
Teammate spawned in front of me on multiteam SWAT just as I'm pulling the trigger. I shoot him in the head and he boots me:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=4008652&player=ErrorJustin

Thanks buddy!

He finished 4th by himself. Good chance we would have won if I finished.

Dude, obviously your fault. If you were a better Halo player you would have known where and when he was going to respawn and then you could have done this:

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/wanted-clip-curve-the-bullet/2ss9qssf

Pretty easy actually.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Lets post top medals in competitive again. I wanna see something

1. Headshots (1120)
2. Assists (389)
3. Revenge (218)
4. Double Kill (192)
5. Sniper Headshots (186)
6. Pummel (148)

To everyone who wants to list their tops medal, be sure to include the amount of pummel medals you have. That's what I'm most curious about.

Thanks.
  1. Headshot (1262)
  2. Assist (482)
  3. Pummel (383)
  4. Double Kill (293)
  5. Revenge (200)
  6. Reload This! (177)

Only have the last mission on Legendary to do, the 2nd to last was pretty easy I thought.
Even got the Tank achievement without breaking a sweat.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Trasher said:
It seems to be whenever there is uneven ground. That is what's causing a lot of people to get so frustrated with the ITCTHMB achievement.

Yeah, so dropping it and getting into the orange lift and then picking it back up is like 3-4 seconds more if youre fast.

1. Headshots (683)
2. Pummel (444)
3. Assist (260)
4. Sniper Headshot (222)
5. Double Kill (210)
6. Revenge (180)
10. Assassin (79)
11. Beat Down (67)

Damn, I need to stop playing team slayer (ie SWAT), those headshots are getting way too far ahead. But if you combine melees, assassinations and "fancy" assassinations, its only 100 behind. (but then I'm ignoring the sniper headshots, which doesnt really seem fair...)

Arena is much better, 158 headshots and 151 pummels. Invasion is 65 headshots and 84 pummels.

EDIT: Including Devin Olson's modification:
Total Kills: 2193
K/D: 1.61
Playtime: 0d 18h 19m
Top 3 Competitive Weapons:

1. DMR - M392
Kills: 648 | Deaths: 422

2. Melee
Kills: 501 | Deaths: 223

3. Sniper Rifle - SRS99
Kills: 303 | Deaths: 150

feel

Anyone else occasionally losing Rumble/Vibration after playing some campaign?? (specifically the Epilogue)

Twice now I've had to quit back to the Dashboard and get back into the game to regain Rumble/ Vibration on the controller.

Managed to get all the Challenges done today again. These things are so addicting. :D

zumphry

Banned
Letters said:
Anyone else occasionally losing Rumble/Vibration after playing some campaign?? (specifically the Epilogue)

Twice now I've had to quit back to the Dashboard and get back into the game to regain Rumble/ Vibration on the controller.

How's your batteries doing (if you have a wireless, I'm assuming)?

zoom out zoom in zoom out NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

MrDaravon

Multi-team SWAT, I spawned SIXTEEN TIMES in a row in that middle/underneath part of the map (where you can drop down through the hole onto). Fucking awesome. Jesus Christ Bungie :lol

Striker

TEH-CJ said:
Meh I think I'm over halo. I'm done with this game. shooting 300 rounds at an enemy just to deplete their shields and having no feedback what so ever gets so tedious especially on legendary. cheap one hit deaths. crappy frame rate. and every mp match I play is either swat snipers, or infection.

No patience for Oct 7th, I see.

Sailor, yep, Multi-team spawns are atrocious. Seems they didn't change at all from Halo 3 (spawning by two enemies while your teammate is across the map, derp derp).

MrDaravon

Striker said:
No patience for Oct 7th, I see.

Sailor, yep, Multi-team spawns are atrocious. Seems they didn't change at all from Halo 3 (spawning by two enemies while your teammate is across the map, derp derp).

I actually really enjoy multi-team just because most matches are completely fucking retarded and hilarious, but spawning me in literally the worst part of the map in a SWAT gametype 16 times in a row (which was every spawn I had that game start to finish) is a little crazy. It's especially weird since in multi-team I'll spawn or see other people spawn right in front of me and so on, so I don't understand why it wouldn't force spawn me elsewhere at some point.

Red

Why do I keep spawning in random ass spots on my forge map? So annoying. Can't find any spawn points except the ones I've put down, yet every time I play a custom game I can possibly spawn anywhere in forge world.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crunched said:
Why do I keep spawning in random ass spots on my forge map? So annoying. Can't find any spawn points except the ones I've put down, yet every time I play a custom game I can possibly spawn anywhere in forge world.

Could be a case of not enough spawns (either neutral of team based).

Oh fuck.

That's pretty much my reaction now when I spawned into the game and immediately noticed four red dots on my radar.

If I weren't wonderfully buzzed off seven beers, I'd be irate. Now I just think it's kind of funny.

I find drinking alcohol makes this game much more fun. Granted, that could be said of almost any game, but it's basically a requirement for putting up with this game's bullshit. The Legendary edition should have come with a bottle of 12 year old scotch and a UNSC flask.

Havok

Crunched said:
Be sure that you've placed both Starting Spawn points and Respawn Points. Additionally, make sure that you have them properly set up for the teams involved (or simply neutral).

Red

Havok said:
Be sure that you've placed both Starting Spawn points and Respawn Points. Additionally, make sure that you have them properly set up for the teams involved (or simply neutral).
Cheers. I only had initial spawns set before. Thanks for the tip.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Gaf, I discovered something (sorry if discovered already).

When using a sniper on Spire, if you are trying to hit guys on the top of the spire that are running around on the outer shield floor from the ground you can hit them through the floor if they are standing still and you shoot their feet.

Very handy for team snipers.

Letters said:

Motherfucker, Dani and everyone in my party yesterday thought I was crazy. FIX THIS SHIT BUNGLE!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Cuban Legend said:
Motherfucker, Dani and everyone in my party yesterday thought I was crazy. FIX THIS SHIT BUNGLE!

AHA!

Happened to me this morning. I thought the rumble had been gone all along and I had just now noticed it. :lol

Deadly Cyclone said:
Gaf, I discovered something (sorry if discovered already).

When using a sniper on Spire, if you are trying to hit guys on the top of the spire that are running around on the outer shield floor from the ground you can hit them through the floor if they are standing still and you shoot their feet.

Very handy for team snipers.

Uh...I specifically tested this twice, and it didn't work for me either time. o_O

KJTB

After loathing team snipers because I was garbage with the sniper... something finally clicked today and I'm actually doing good with it for a change :D

I mainly practiced in BTB, glad I did. Hogging the sniper spawn ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom