• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Echoplx

duckroll said:
My message was truly ruined. Never trust a messenger. :(

;_;

Wnmfm.png

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I've always wondered...Duckroll... is that a reference to the fact that Ducks penises do that roll and twist when they have sexytime with a lady duck?

Haunted

So basically, the game got delayed a day after it was supposed to be released?

Good show, Sega. Was looking forward to it, too. :(

Corky said:
I've always wondered...Duckroll... is that a reference to the fact that Ducks penises do that roll and twist when they have sexytime with a lady duck?
Duckroll is the predecessor to the Rickroll.

32757943cq6.jpg

wouwie

Just finished the game. All in all, i think it is a great, fun, addictive and good looking game and well worth the money.

+ looks great
+ performs smoothly
+ fun fun fun gameplay

- time restrictions add nothing to the game and shouldn't have been included
- could have done with a bit more variety in enemies and gameplay
- more could have been done with the driving aspect of the game
- would have liked one or two mid-level checkpoints
- music didn't do much for me

The positives far outweigh the negatives though. I'd love to see some additional levels appear as DLC or a proper sequel. I also would love to see a top-down racer (like super cars) made out of this engine. I'd be eternally grateful for that.

On a sidenote, i recognised the name of Andreas Tadic in the credits. Still remember this name from the awesome Team 17 Amiga games (Superfrog, Project X,...).

edgefusion said:
I got to level 41 with Roxy, played a co-op game and now all my upgrades are reset and 0 points to spend. :(
Yeah, that sucks. Happened to a friend of mine when we were playing online, too.

It actually happened to me when I just started out (I was only level 8 or so), but weird thing is that after I played another mission, my level at the end got a ridiculous boost...I know I didn't level up that many times during the mission. My guess is that it somehow reset afterwards and factored in the original points again. My friend was too pissed to give it a try, so I don't know if it was just me or what. But yeah, online play in general for this game is completely buggy. Crashes, freezes, glitches, etc.

wouwie said:
- time restrictions add nothing to the game and shouldn't have been included

- would have liked one or two mid-level checkpoints
I agree with everything but these two. The timer isn't THAT restrictive, but enough to force you to keep pace. It's fun and hectic trying to fit in all the secondary objectives while balancing time with the primary.

And adding one or two mid-level checkpoints is over-doing it and pretty much would ruin any challenge in the game. We already get 2 lives, which I think is generous enough, and if you die, it's not like you have to start the entire game over again.

Finaika

edgefusion said:
I got to level 41 with Roxy, played a co-op game and now all my upgrades are reset and 0 points to spend. :(
Happened to me too just now. WTF man?!?!?!

The game's nice but buggy as hell.

Tokubetsu

Got email back from GMG saying they'd refund me and it should take "5 days business days (usually sooner)." Fuck Sega.

coopolon

Tokubetsu said:
Got email back from GMG saying they'd refund me and it should take "5 days business days (usually sooner)." Fuck Sega.

Did you use any store credit when buying it? I sent an email cancelling my pre-order yesterday, but don't know what's going to happen tot he $5 store credit I used. Even if it disappears I still would want to cancel my pre-order, but am hoping I get it back.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Let us have our daily FUCK SEGA FUCK AVALANCHE FUCK THE WORLD

FUCK SEGA FUCK AVALANCHE FUCK THE WORLD ON 3, BREAK!

Tokubetsu

Anyone else mention this? I was going through Giant Bomb's "New Games" list for release dates and see what else was dropping in the fall flood. They have the PC version of this listed for Oct. 19th. Take that with a grain of salt though, fuck sega, etc.

http://www.giantbomb.com/new-games/

This went from "PC Day 1!" to "Guess I'm just gonna wait for that $5 Steam sale." Eat a bag of dicks Sega ='(

coopolon said:
Did you use any store credit when buying it? I sent an email cancelling my pre-order yesterday, but don't know what's going to happen tot he $5 store credit I used. Even if it disappears I still would want to cancel my pre-order, but am hoping I get it back.

I did. We'll see how it goes. I should have bought Rock of Ages.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So what's the better version of this game, XBLA or PSN? I was reading about some glitches on Trophies over on the PS3trophies.org forums. Does the same problem exist on 360? Really enjoyed the demo!

Hyoushi

I was playing this on Saturday, playing on Hardcore difficulty. Failed to finish Mission 9 and finally had to switch off the 360. Started it up last night again, and the 360 tells me that the savegame is corrupted. Had to overwrite it and start over. Dunno if this was related to the update to the game, but still, ouch. Ended up playing up to Mission 7 again, a lot easier this time around even though I had to start my character over from lvl 1. bu bu

Hyoushi said:
I was playing this on Saturday, playing on Hardcore difficulty. Failed to finish Mission 9 and finally had to switch off the 360. Started it up last night again, and the 360 tells me that the savegame is corrupted. Had to overwrite it and start over. Dunno if this was related to the update to the game, but still, ouch. Ended up playing up to Mission 7 again, a lot easier this time around even though I had to start my character over from lvl 1. bu bu

Did the update do anything to fix the mini freezing?

Hyoushi

Snkfanatic said:
Did the update do anything to fix the mini freezing?
Mini-freezing? Not sure what you mean. I've gotten a small hitch like three times during these playthroughs, not seen it as an issue before or after the update

duckroll

Tokubetsu said:
Anyone else mention this? I was going through Giant Bomb's "New Games" list for release dates and see what else was dropping in the fall flood. They have the PC version of this listed for Oct. 19th. Take that with a grain of salt though, fuck sega, etc.

http://www.giantbomb.com/new-games/

This went from "PC Day 1!" to "Guess I'm just gonna wait for that $5 Steam sale." Eat a bag of dicks Sega ='(

The trolling goes on and on and on...

http://www.sega.co.uk/renegadeops/

Availability

Out Now

PC Download,
Xbox LIVE®Arcade,
PlayStation®Network

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
TheOddOne said:
I tried the demo and noticed that its stutters once and a while. Really weird, anyone had this happen?
On 360? Yeah, sometimes. I noticed audio freezes as well, but I already beat the game ages ago, and it was mostly smooth.

Davidion

I won't lie, I basically pre-ordered this game on a whim because some schmuck here said it had something to do with Jackal.

WHICH ONE OF YOU HJERKS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY POOR DICISIONMAKING

Saty

+HL2 Buggy and Antlions as one of the weapons. I guess this is why the pc version got delayed?

Very weird. If only for the reason of Gordon showing up in non-valve non-hl game.

Renegade-ops-Gordon-Freeman-283x500.jpg

Tokubetsu

Saty said:
+HL2 Buggy and Antlions as one of the weapons. I guess this is why the pc version got delayed?

Very weird. If only for the reason of Gordon showing up in non-valve non-hl game.

Not worth a month delay. Jump off a cliff Sega.

Sounds like it's totally worth it. The game is not all thet amazing to make so much fuss about a delayed PC release, but the HL2 buggy and Antlion weapon seem like a cool addition. Wish they would add that to the console versions.

Wonko_C

Saty said:

Oh, my God! Half-Life 3!

Dear Master Race,

Stop pooping up this thread with platform begging. I am playing on a console right now, as I type this, it is great fun

Buy a console, and move on. Stop letting the world pass you by. Life is too sort not to play on a comfy sofa

Regards,
Me

duckroll

Keyser Soze said:
Dear Master Race,

Stop pooping up this thread with platform begging. I am playing on a console right now, as I type this, it is great fun

Buy a console, and move on. Stop letting the world pass you by. Life is too sort not to play on a comfy sofa

Regards,
Me

Dear Keyser Soze,

Goodbye.

Regards,
NeoGAF Moderation Team.

I tried the demo for this game this weekend. It's beautiful but overall I was very disappointed. Going in I thought it was going to be Jackal-like and linear (I hadn't read anything on it, just watched the trailers), but instead they gave us this open level find-the-way bullshit and I pretty much hated it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks like they nailed what they were trying to do, but it's just not something I wanted. It's by no means a bad game.

Javaman

Davidion said:
I won't lie, I basically pre-ordered this game on a whim because some schmuck here said it had something to do with Jackal.

WHICH ONE OF YOU HJERKS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY POOR DICISIONMAKING
That was probably me on the GAF-TF2 server. Lol, sorry man, this delay sucks.

Top Bottom