• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

Tokubetsu

Can we get an email or something from them? Gaffers pull some weight right? Anyone on twitter we can harass etc. ?

NVM:
https://twitter.com/#!/CHSundberg
https://twitter.com/#!/FredrikSjoo

Creative Director and Producer at Avalanche Studios.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hazaro said:
4 pack deal
1 spot open

Send as Paypal Gift from Paypal balance preferred.
Pack is full.

On checkout it listed "Available September 23rd, 2011". See if that is accurate or not.

coopolon

SapientWolf said:
GMG said the 23rd. If it's not out by Sat I'm buying the 360 version and double dipping during the holiday sale.

Now they're saying the 30th for me. What the hell is going on with this game on PC? I don't really care when it comes out, but this is a pretty shitty way to treat your customers. Just give us a release date and stick with it.

derFeef

coopolon said:
Now they're saying the 30th for me. What the hell is going on with this game on PC? I don't really care when it comes out, but this is a pretty shitty way to treat your customers. Just give us a release date and stick with it.
Oh for christs sake. Give us at least a date Sega.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
duckroll said:
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Fuck Sega.
I swear (and correct me if I'm wrong please) but their way of handling the console business has caused this discrepancy on the PC side. I mean of course they own a great RTS studio and such but the upper management (mainly in Japan) is incompetent to me for not getting this out on PC alongside the 360 at least!

Devs gotta work and I'm glad Avalanche has an avenue to make this game but I'm sure they would rather have had this game out alongside the XBL version.

God bless them for some of their JPN IP's like VC, PSO, and Soni (lol?) though ><

duckroll

For those using GMG's release date as a date, here's something from GMG's Facebook:

Q: When exactly will Renegade Ops be out on GMG? Thanks.
A: As soon as Sega give us a definitive PC release date, which hasn't happened yet :( /Rob

THEY DON'T KNOW EITHER! LOL! THANKS SEGA!

LiquidMetal14

Not even a pre-load yet. No info because Avalanche probably can't say but if this was a western pub the game would be out MINUS some stupid exclusive clause on the console side of things.

We should just ask @yosp about this, he may know.

1-D_FTW

It's really getting into the "I don't give a fuck that's it's been unlocked" part of the calender. Can a mod change the title when we're given a solid release date? I only display installed items in my Steam Library and pretty soon I'm just going to stop checking this thread. Anticipation -100.

Volcynika

duckroll said:
This is getting pretty ridiculous. Fuck Sega.

I mean, I saw the article that said the PC version is a couple weeks after the console version (posted earlier in the thread). It sucks, but it's not unheard of lately :/

At the same time, Sega needs to stop having zero communication and FUCKING TELL PEOPLE when the damn game should be coming out. Or something. Rather than just give silence and not speak about it at all. I mean hell, we only knew about the delay through an article from a website, Sega never made a public "Sorry guys, PC version is coming, just have to wait a little longer." All we have to go on is "September 2011" for Steam, and who even knows that is right.

fffffffff

TimmiT

duckroll said:
For those using GMG's release date as a date, here's something from GMG's Facebook:

Q: When exactly will Renegade Ops be out on GMG? Thanks.
A: As soon as Sega give us a definitive PC release date, which hasn't happened yet :( /Rob

THEY DON'T KNOW EITHER! LOL! THANKS SEGA!
On the previous page I posted a preview that said the PC version would be released a couple of weeks after the console version. It will have additional features besides better graphics.

Akkad

Banned
What are these extra features the PC version is getting? Are they even gonna tell us that? Seriously, what is up with gaming companies and lack of communication with their costumers.

duckroll

Akkad said:
What are these extra features the PC version is getting? Are they even gonna tell us that? Seriously, what is up with gaming companies and lack of communication with their costumers.

Extra feature: A lesson in patience.

Lolololol. :(

Akkad said:

Interested in this as well, I will be double dipping during the sale or if I can sneak in during a 4 pack.

i really like this game, but it needs a lot of gameplay tweaks and a LOT of bug fixes.

i'm sick of playing these games and feeling like a tester by the time i'm done.

game freezes, random mission failures, total upgrade loss after being in the higher levels, completely random trophy spawning, even the final boss just drove over the side over the edge of the level for an instant win. having to watch the in-game cutscenes all the time gets old fast.

they need to tweak the gravity for the vehicles, and add a reverse button. i've gotten stuck in shitty places only to have a fucking tank destroy me while i'm helpless and trying to free myself.

The whole PC launch of this thing is so crazy. Can't believe Steam still lists a generic September thing and the GMG's facebook post is disappointing to say the least. Hopefully Sega's website is right and it will be be put up sometime today, but considering the whole way the way PC launch has been handled, I have nothing but doubt :(

Haunted

Definitely getting this after seeing Giantbomb's quicklook. PC version should be out within the day? Awesome.

/ignorance is bliss

bryehn

quinntendopower said:
i really like this game, but it needs a lot of gameplay tweaks and a LOT of bug fixes.

i'm sick of playing these games and feeling like a tester by the time i'm done.

game freezes, random mission failures, total upgrade loss after being in the higher levels, completely random trophy spawning, even the final boss just drove over the side over the edge of the level for an instant win. having to watch the in-game cutscenes all the time gets old fast.

they need to tweak the gravity for the vehicles, and add a reverse button. i've gotten stuck in shitty places only to have a fucking tank destroy me while i'm helpless and trying to free myself.

Haven't had a single bug (PS3) so far, but I do hate seeing the in-game cutscenes if I fail and the mission timer is whack in general. I also agree that it's way too easy to get stuck in a corner.

LiquidMetal14

This is a dagger in our hearts. DAGGER.

The trailers all look awesome and not playing the console versions yet as to not spoil myself, I can see them looking pretty good but the trailers must have been from the PC version. Either way the res bump and lack of slowdown with all the pretty effects should be a treat.

Top Bottom