• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Ops |OT| PC lesser race finally joins in the battle against oppression

hayguyz

Banned
This game is a blast! I've only finished the third mission, but I'm lovin' it! Some of the special abilities seem pointless until the upgrades are unlocked. I used Gunnar's ability once. I hope the unlocks make it more useable.

mrgone

TimmiT said:
I thought Gordon Freeman wasn't a pre-order bonus.

Also, are you guys sure this isn't just some mistake Valve made?
That's what I thought too, but a staff post in a thread on the GMG forums asking about it seems to indicate otherwise :(

Salsa

4L01p.png

jesus fuckin christ, are you kidding me with the region bullshit again..

South America gets the European release date for no appareant reason again, great.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
SalsaShark said:

South America gets the European release date for no appareant reason again, great.

I think it was pushed back again for people in the US too. Fuckin Sega.

MNC

SalsaShark said:
4L01p.png

It has been delayed altogether bro.

Edit: Curse you funky cat!

mrgone

Adnor said:
If I buy this at Green Man Gaming, will I be able to play as Gordon Freeman, or just if I buy it on Steam?
Get it on Steam, it's looking bad for GMG in the Half-Life Hoopty department

Isomac

This is the last SEGA game I pre-ordered. I am going to spend my money on games that I can actually play. Also why is it delayed again day before the release? Where is the explanation? I am starting to feel that next week they'll delay it to December.

TimmiT

If Gordon's really a pre-order bonus, he'll probably be available as DLC as well. Seeing how I payed less than €5 for the game on GMG, I'm not going to cancel it.

test_account

XP-39C²
Rewrite said:
My mistake. Yeah, you should have unlocked it. did you play online at all and ranked up to 45 there? The trophy says it's single player only. The trophies for this game are fucked up in the sense that they are glitched.
Yeah, i played a bit online as well while ranking up. I got the 50x trophy when playing online though, i didnt even pay attention to if we actually got a 50x damage streak or if it was a glitch hehe. I'm playing with a new character now and i will try to level up to 44 to 45 without playing online.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Haha ... man. I have tomorrow (or, well, today) off and was looking forward to this. So of course it's delayed, again.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Just got the hook up, this game is now in my Steam library. Thank you SalsaShark and Keyser Soze!!!

Now unlock it Sega, you bonerslaves.

Dear Master Race

I am really sorry your game got delayed again.

This is terrible

Stuff like this should not happen to such lovely kind people

Regards,
Me

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Keyser Soze said:
Dear Master Race

This is terrible

Regards,
Me

I can feel the seething hatred buried behind this post. No need to hide it.

duckroll

Keyser Soze said:
Dear Master Race

This is terrible

Regards,
Me

I love you too. Let's hug? :(

duckroll

I seriously do not know what is going on between Sega's marketing, Sega's publishing, and Avalanche's development for the PC version of game. Something has clearly gone terribly wrong with the PC version, and they probably don't want to talk about it. It's really shameful.

Considering all the fuck ups, they should really have just announced this as a PSN/XBLA exclusive initially, then released a PC version in December or something for holiday double dipping. It's such a clusterfuck, especially for people who already paid for it. >_<

F!ReW!Re

duckroll said:
I seriously do not know what is going on between Sega's marketing, Sega's publishing, and Avalanche's development for the PC version of game. Something has clearly gone terribly wrong with the PC version, and they probably don't want to talk about it. It's really shameful.

Considering all the fuck ups, they should really have just announced this as a PSN/XBLA exclusive initially, then released a PC version in December or something for holiday double dipping. It's such a clusterfuck, especially for people who already paid for it. >_<

Look I don't care if the game is delayed again, hell they can delay it into next year for all I care, but for fucks sake at least let us know in a respectful and decent matter, not 1 day before you said you would release it (and that's happened twice now).

Back to Dark Souls!

duckroll

F!ReW!Re said:
Look I don't care if the game is delayed again, hell they can delay it into next year for all I care, but for fucks sake at least let us know in a respectful and decent matter, not 1 day before you said you would release it (and that's happened twice now).

Back to Dark Souls!

Exactly. I'm not really bothered if the game is delayed because of development issues and they want to release a polished product. I don't really even want to whine much really, since I got the game for 5 bucks in the 4pack. But ultimately what frustrates me is that they set you up for expectations, then without warning or explanation just delay it. It makes no sense and seems like really bad customer service.

Carm

This is very depressing, just found out about the delay after being excited about finally being able to play it today. If I hadn't gotten it for 7.50 in a 4 pack, I would have canceled on the first delay. =(

Argh, not again! Was just recommending the game to my friend yesterday saying it seems like the type of game he would enjoy and joking about what happened last time and how I excited I was to play it. Oh well, not as angry this time for whatever reason; last time I was on vacation and was really hoping to have a marathon session of the game, which I haven't been able to do for years, so it was a bit more upsetting. Still disappointing though; like others have said, it wouldn't be nearly as bad if there were better communication.

Plasma

Banned
Remembered that this was coming out today so I went to download it only to find it has been pushed back again, christ sake Sega quit trolling us with the release date.

dLMN8R

Sorry guys. I think this is my fault. I just moved into a new apartment and I won't have a desk for my computer until the 19th or so.

My bad. :<

Truespeed

I bought the game a long time ago, but I don't really care that it's delayed. As far as I'm concerned they can take whatever time they need to enhance and differentiate the PC version from the console version. I have a feeling, though, it's going to be special.

Javaman

Truespeed said:
I bought the game a long time ago, but I don't really care that it's delayed. As far as I'm concerned they can take whatever time they need to enhance and differentiate the PC version from the console version. I have a feeling, though, it's going to be special.
It's not the "delay" part that irritates me, it's the "wait until scheduled release day then delay". Also not having any info about what's going on. Being part of a 4 pack means there's no canceling it even if I wanted to.

OMG volcanoka, you're famous! Can I have your autograph?!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Keyser Soze said:
Dear Master Race

This is terrible

Regards,
Me
Bwahahahaha

Well it's day of and Steam still says releasing today...so far. Estimated unlock is the usual 12 pm EST or so going by what it says on the store page. This game better be ready to go when I get home from work today.

If anyone's around tonight and wants to play multi-player, my Steam name is JacksUsername. I'll probably be playing around 8pm - 10pm EST if all goes according to plan.

BigAT

It figures the day this FINALLY comes out that I would have jury duty all day. I think Sega had a hand in arranging this.

Top Bottom