• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

How confidently do you say that? They're supporters are willing to consider seemingly anything "fake news." My FaceBook feed is full of Trump supporters and even Republicans who claim to have begrudgingly voted for Trump claiming that liberals are mindless sheep for believing the MSM's claims that he ever mocked a disabled reporter. He does those gestures to mock everyone! He probably didn't even know the guy was disabled!

Some shit's going to go down if Trump is impeached and doesn't go down quietly. If he continues spewing bullshit about the system being rigged against him there's a lot of people who will eat it up.

It really depends on what comes out. I have almost no faith in our electorate, but if something HUGE takes Trump down that will taint the entire Republican party. It doesn't need to taint all their supporters. If even 10-15% are soured on the entire party, they're fucked for a while, and that percentage seems kind of low to me if the worst case scenario actually happens with this stuff.

Now, I wouldn't hold my breath on any of that. Most of this shit is probably going to be shadier and more hidden to all of us and I really doubt Trump is actually going anywhere.

We'll have to see how this develops (or fails to). If he's implicated, I will gladly swallow the bitter pill and apologize to the Game Theory guy.

e_i

Now this will happen for real

russia-soviet-union-simpsons-laughing-reaction-1380821531m.gif

The Simpsons really have to stop predicting shit. Seriously.

TyrantII

I really don't know why the GOP isn't running with this more. I mean, God, do they really even want Trump?

He destroys government and makes their power grabs easier.

Remember. The GOP gets elected easier with the more people that stay home and the more with a distrust of government.

It's one hell of a negative feedback loops they've hitched on to.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Front page on CNN, MSNBC doesn't give a shit.

It's not their story. News organizations generally corroborate with their own sources. They can't just steal CNN's story.

Alavard

I really don't know why the GOP isn't running with this more. I mean, God, do they really even want Trump?

Because Republican voters overwhelming still support Trump. They don't want to piss off their base. As soon as something bad enough happens that enough of the base turns, they'll dump him.

tbm24

MSNBC doesn't have the goods to make the claim. CNN played their hand this election, they got the influence they wanted to profit off Trump as hard as possible it's looking like.

Would you watch the Trump sex tape to save america?

But right now everything is coming up Putin. Even if Trump is comprised enough to step down at some point in the next 4 years that will just cause uproar and instability in the US because half the country was dumb enough to trust that fuck

Unless the compromising whatever is produced this will die like everything else. And considering who is supposed to be sitting on this stuff I wouldn't get your hopes up.

I figure it will eventually come out if it exists, but after it is no longer advantageous to the Russians.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

They are probably looking to confirm it. Wait a bit its a busy day.

Doesn't help the main source is a deep under cover mi-6.

They talking about it now with the attorney general. So it just broke.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I mean, Clinton was OG as fuck, some go as far as to call her a hawk. I have no doubt she would have had a very hardline stance on Russia, especially since Putin basically just shit on the treaty she helped broker.
Based on the intelligence Chiefs saying they want Russia to hurt for what they did I imagine would have just given them the green light to do that.

"The memos originated as opposition research, first commissioned by anti-Trump Republicans, and later by Democrats. At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations."

So this is basically hearsay. CNN is basically making fake news. Nothing to see here and a waste of time.

Journalism, how does it work?

linkboy

Drumpf voluntarily stepping down or declining to assume office would mitigate a lot of this, though. Faith would be shaken but it wouldn't look overtly like anti-democratic shenanigans.

Obama and co. are playing things business like usual because they know they can't do anything else; they have to trust that if this indeed a threat to the nation it has to be resolved organically, either by the GOP obeying the impeachment process or through Drumpf retracting his own election.

There's no way in hell that Trump will step down. The man has his head so far up his own ass to do something like that.

Kathian

Banned
CNN exclusive right now, everyone else is scrambling to confirm.

Yeah I don't get how people don't get this. CNN investigated this and confirmed this was on the synopsis. From there they got more supportive evidence for the claim.

It's not going to be played everywhere until journalists elsewhere get a look at it. That's how exclusive stories work.

Not that I think that Pence is that much better but I would looooove if this handed Trump and his swamp the L

Pence is at least qualified to be president and rational, two things which Trump isn't. Rational as in "doesn't take nuclear weapons lightly; doesn't threaten allies; understands general US norms and ideals; etc"

Seems pertinent:

The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians. CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Barack Obama and Trump.

Now BuzzFeed News is publishing the full document so that Americans can make up their own minds about allegations about the president-elect that have circulated at the highest levels of the US government.

The document was prepared for political opponents of Trump by a person who is understood to be a former British intelligence agent. It is not just unconfirmed: It includes some clear errors. The report misspells the name of one company, “Alpha Group,” throughout. It is Alfa Group. The report says the settlement of Barvikha, outside Moscow, is “reserved for the residences of the top leadership and their close associates.” It is not reserved for anyone, and is also populated by the very wealthy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Ritz Carlton! Rick Wilson was right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom