• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

marrec

Banned
Hopefully, he was aware that he was going to be named and is prepared for the outcome because he is in for a tidal wave of shit that even a veteran spy wouldn't be able to handle.

WSJ said:
A neighbor of Mr. Steele’s said Mr. Steele said he would be away for a few days. In previous weeks Mr. Steele has declined repeated requests for interviews through an intermediary, who said the subject was “too hot.”

Dude was well aware what was coming.

ZOONAMI

Do you have an article or link to debunk the 4chan claim? I have a bunch of morons on Facebook spreading it around that I want to shut up.

Mother Jones originally reported on this in October, before 4chan is saything this was drawn up by them in November.

The anime BS people keep pulling from 4chan is not in the dossier. It is made up by 4chan. See the OP.

http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2...ging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump

Also, 4chan isn't a journalistic website and is filled with trump trolls.

Also, if the people you are talking to had any semblance of critical thinking skills, they would realize that 4chan is not capable of trolling a former MI6 operative, John McCain, the CIA, the NSA, and the FBI.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Nafai1123

Banned
Do you have an article or link to debunk the 4chan claim? I have a bunch of morons on Facebook spreading it around that I want to shut up.

Every actual article about where it was sourced debunks it, unless they are honestly claiming that someone on 4chan infiltrated the MI-6 before 4chan was invented, only to conduct this "fake" investigation for Jeb and democrats, then provided it to McCain who provided it to the FBI. Like...wat?

daNppUp.jpg

I ALWAYS BELIEVED

Negaduck

Isn't it bad for them to name the mi6 dude? Like isn't anonymity probably a huge part of being able to do his job successfully?

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Listen, I do not think anyone gives two shits about what this dude loves to do behind closed doors. Just as we push back on government to stay out of our rooms, love lives, and bathrooms, we too should be vigilant and refuse going on suicide watch over this.

What IS on everyone's minds is if this has pressured Trump to dealings with Russia that puts our National Security at risk. This was really the meat and potatoes of the buzzfeed report, not the pissing contest.

Yup.

I mean if what came out during the election didnt cause him to lose, hooker piss isnt that big a deal.

Your 2nd paragraph is the elephant in the room.

TyrantII

Wouldn't it look ridiculously more suspicious if anything happened to the MI6 guy though? I don't know if he should be all that concerned about his safety. Though I suppose if you're from the intelligence field you don't take chances with these kinds of things.

Not sure your point. Russia doesn't give a deal about Trump. All they care about is destabilizing the US/West. This very story is working toward their ends, pitting Trump against the IC. GOP and Democrat. Trump against McCain/Jeb.

Hell, killing someone would only dial up the spittle thrown back and forth to 11.

People need to stop looking at Trump as a Manchurian candidate. He's not. He's a pawn being used to destabilize political norms more, which directly helps Russia.

Well they did happen to omit at least one email from the Syria dump, strangely enough it was the one detailing the transfer of 2 billion euros to Russia

. They claimed they didn't have that email but posted ones from the same source on the same day.

The random website that reported that story didn't even make internal sense. They *claimed* (uncredibly) that they received the exact same trove of documents as Wikileaks independently in order to verify this single doc was held back by Wikileaks. How could they know that? And what's the alleged scandal anyway? A client state of Russia sends money back to the mothership? It's no secret that Syria gets weapons from Putin (just like Al Nusra gets weapons from Hillary Clinton).

And also *yawn* because the whole rambling article was a word salad with a provocative headline. I doubt you read the whole thing.

Not sure your point. Russia doesn't give a deal about Trump. All they care about is destabilizing the US/West. This very story is working toward their ends, pitting Trump against the IC. GOP and Democrat. Trump against McCain/Jeb.

Hell, killing someone would only dial up the spittle thrown back and forth to 11.

People need to stop looking at Trump as a Manchurian candidate. He's not. He's a pawn being used to destabilize political norms more, which directly helps Russia.

Exactly, the ultimate goal is to throw the west into chaos so Putin can focus on his own affairs. Also, get the sanctions taken away.

Personally I enjoy the thought of /pol/ shits freaking out that their meme king either:

1. Actually was involved in treasonous activities and may have a very short-lived presidency or,
2. Was laughed at by the entire world for fake news stuff they got to enjoy for the last few months

Is there anything more delicious than Trump supporter tears?
Yes, Trump tears. I'm imagining a hearing where he eventually breaks down and sobs "you're fired" over and over while collapsed on the floor.

Russia wants to cause chaos and destabilize the US.

Working well so far.

Bolivar687

Banned

Note that the former NSA Op-ed posted a while back said that a former KGB officer told him this is exactly what he would do. Leak some of what was true to confuse everyone and get them up in arms, while letting Trump know that they own him.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
twitter's timeline hasn't updated quick enough so any results for Christopher Steele are some exotic dancer. I hope this is really him now. The story needs another twist.

Why would they out the MI6 guy?!

So he can get hacked and find out what else he has and how he got it. I'm sure Russia wants to know of any Russian informants we talked with.

Possibly silenced with polonium etc.

Only silver lining is this gives the story credibility as you can no longer say it's due to anonymous sources

kess

I can't imagine the UK government is going to like the precedent this sets. Looks like the transatlantic wedge is already working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom