• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukkoyaki

Legit, this has already gone MUCH further than I expected it to. Regardless of the outcome of this investigation there is an enormous dark cloud over Trump's presidency and he will be watched like a hawk by everyone.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Sen. Richard Burr says Intelligence committee will investigate Russia's activities in the election and possible links to Trump

Can't post links but this is directly pointed at trump. Buzzfeed news posted that on twitter.

Apharmd

I feel like this declaration should warrant a new thread as it encompasses the entire Russian election interference. This is what they'll be focusing on, but this thread specifically deals with the report and fallout from said report. The two may (oh hell, WILL) cross over but right now I think what we're waiting for is IC's word on what they will do with DJT?

commedieu

Banned
I used to love drawing cable as a kid. And I always picked him in x-men vs marvel.

I had no idea that he was a future clones aidbaby.

I thought he was just from the future.

That summarizes his behavior perfectly. There comes a point where being completely honorable just for the sake of it is less honorable than playing dirty, because honor means little when people get hurt in the process. Hell, Obama didn't even have to play dirty, he could have just recognized the fact that the Republicans were.

Exactly. The "I must be honorable and show the GOP respect as rational actors because democracy is built on these principles" makes zero sense when looking at history, and especially history through the lens of the black experience. Thinking he was going to turn a bunch of racists to decent people was something that had no basis in reality and I don't understand to this day why he believed he could. That's either arrogance or naivety.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I chuckled at Compost hehe. But again, is talking to the ambassador treason? Also the US being invited to the talks is lolworthy since all they'll be able to do is nod their heads with Russia anyways, they hold the cards

Flynn is seriously unhinged though. Is everything "Radical islam" to this asshat?

That's his son, not him.

Ac30

Would this committee have the ability to subpoena Trumps tax records? Because if so that could be huge.

Hot damn, that's an excellent point. Maybe we'll finally see those. Him withholding them was always sketchy as fuck. They should really mandate that all candidates release them.

Dr.Acula

Banned
I can't stop reading this thread and more news.
I feel like the conspiracy theorist I would make fun of because even though I understand that there are facts and real concerns people that do not agree with me just think I'm pulling shit out of my ass. steeeel beeaamms

Remember, conspiracy theorists go *against* the official, government narrative.

Govt. says lone gunman killed Kennedy.
Con. Theo. says it was multiple shooters.

Govt. says 9/11 was Al-Qaeda.
Con. Theo. says it was an inside job.

Govt. says Russia influenced election.
Con. Theo. says it's a 300lbs hacker from his basement.

SO MUCH SMOKE.

Seriously. Like what the fuck will it take for shit to finally light up. I'm thinking, stuff is cooking that we do not even know yet, and won't see the light of day until Trump is sworn in. Once he's in, he'll lie again, then hopefully can be snagged on some shit. How long after he is inaugurated do folks think it will take for that to happen?

The real conspiracy theorist response to the last would be that Russia is just a false flag for the Illuminati.

And honestly, I would bet a majority of conspiracy theorists are right wing/Republican/Trump supporters.

This is just going by my experience on the major sites and as a listener of shows like Coast To COast with Art Bell (who is an avid Trump supporter).

jelly

Trumps people won't have a problem lying under oath if brought in for testimony.

I think they might crack if they've been up to no good. Give them an olive branch on the side and it may blow the lid off. What side do they want to be on. Wouldn't you be worrying soon if you were on the Trump team.

Joe

David Rothkopf, the editor at Foreign Policy is a good Twitter follow:
http://twitter.com/djrothkopf

He is very worried about the incoming president and administration. He served in Bill Clinton's administration but he's been very critical of Obama's foreign policy so he's not exactly just commenting along party lines.

oYFBfcy.jpg

5FtjGD1.jpg

The moment Trump starts cleaning house at the IRS and IC shit is gonna get reallllll leaky I'd hope

Well considering how this government treated Snowden (not that I agree with him, but most people don't know the finer points of his whistleblowing), Obama shot himself in the foot with that one if anyone thinks someone is going to leak that information.

If his tax returns contain nothing incriminating vis a vis Russia, was the only reason to hide them his billionaire status/debt? If they contain dealings with mobsters, that's something too. The problem is that he has every reason to hide them if they exposed dealings, but he's more than petty enough to hide them for no reason whatsoever.

akira28

they gave birth to this rosemary's baby, so the least they can do is drown it in the bathtub before it becomes the President of the Unites States.

Hmm pretty good way of thinking about things. But a friend from Canada was in my town yesterday and I was talking about all of this Russia news. While talking I kept on thinking, "Man this shit sounds too crazy to believe."

Ac30

Well considering how this government treated Snowden (not that I agree with him, but most people don't know the finer points of his whistleblowing), Obama shot himself in the foot with that one if anyone thinks someone is going to leak that information.

Eh, anonymous info dumps can also be useful (if much harder to prove); I'm not expecting people to come forward immediately but whistleblowing treason has to come with protections, right? That's a whole other level

Ludovico

I can't stop reading this thread and more news.
I feel like the conspiracy theorist I would make fun of because even though I understand that there are facts and real concerns people that do not agree with me just think I'm pulling shit out of my ass. steeeel beeaamms

I'm extremely uncomfortable with the fact I'm, maybe, in the same place as those I've been helpless to make amends with due to the past couple years wrt sensationalist and fake news.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

Really though, I've never doubted my reality as much as I have since November...

Ac30

Hmm pretty good way of thinking about things. But a friend from Canada was in my town yesterday and I was talking about all of this Russia news. While talking I kept on thinking, "Man this shit sounds too crazy to believe."

Haha half the time I'm following this shit I'm convinced I'm the next Alec Jones. Shit's insane

I can understand why conspiracies are appealing, though. Who doesn't want this to all be real?

ZOONAMI

How would tax returns sink him, surely you don't put your dodgy deals in them and keep them off the books.

If there are state sponsored Russian deals they don't have to be dodgy, and likely wouldn't sink him, but it would further the conflicts of interest problems and further put a Russian stink all over his presidency.

And honestly, I would bet a majority of conspiracy theorists are right wing/Republican/Trump supporters.

This is just going by my experience on the major sites and as a listener of shows like Coast To COast with Art Bell (who is an avid Trump supporter).

You mean George Noory? Noory is a crackpot.

History probably didn't unfold as we've been told countless times by those in power nor the conspiracy theorists...they are all idiots....especially George Noory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom