• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihyll

The entire U.S Government is a shit show right now and an embarrassment to all of us tax payers that are paying their bills.

You've got Chaffetz one of the biggest pieces of shit out there right now threatening to launch an investigation against the office of government ethics because they called out Trump on his conflicts of interests.

You've got Comey, helping Trump

And then you've got Trump and his cronies in bed with Putin and the Kremlin.

You've got confirmation hearings being crammed down our throats...

We have Flynn contacting the Russian ambassador as sanctions were being considered against Russia.

ACA is being dismantled as we speak.

What a fucking shit show.

mo60

I think the same thing that happened to a local government whetre I live in 2015 may happen to trump in four years time. The democrats probably won't nominate a hilary type candidate in 4 years time so the lesser of evil arguement will be ineffective in the next election.This person will probably also unite all types of democrats and swing voters. Like trump that local government faced off against an opponent a lot of people hated. They lost the next election because they faced off against a candidate they weren't really prepared for and because that government was getting old, tiring and corrupt. The economy also tanked to. Trump may have a really low approval rating in four years time if ge stays as the president for that long like the leader of that local government did when they got kicked out. Unlike that election the battle will be between right and center left and not moderate right vs right vs center left like that local election. Trump won't have 40+ years to screw up but I expect he will make a lot of mistakes in the next 4 years or so.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
haha. the CNN breaking news recap.
They actually said the following:
Trump went on twitter to say Hillary Clinton should never have run for President, calling her quote "guilty as hell!"

The actually had to say 'guilty as hell'.

So...should we be worried that Comey won't do his job?

I don't know what to make of his actions in all this.

At this point I'm sure there are enough people in the intelligence agencies where is Comey doesn't act, they'll go rogue and leak something if there's something to be leaked. Trump has made a lot of enemies with his ramblings.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Please don't believe Sean Spicer. He's a liar and just shouts propaganda from Trump.

I mean, he is the Communications Director for known liar and demagogue Donald Trump. What else would we expect him to do?

A good rule of thumb going forward is to fact check even the smallest details that come from the cavernous maw of Spicer and Team Trump.

oKsz3Ag.jpg

Apharmd

I can already see the US taking part, meekly nodding "yes sir" to every Russian proposal. They really should show it live.

So

Hang with me on this.

The altright, aka Neo Nazi Youths, are obsessed with "cuck"ing and would hate to be " cuck"ed, right?

So how do they explain that Putin is going to exactly do just that to the whole nation? 'Cause baby, it looks like when Glorious Leader tells us to jump we are going to be screaming HOW HIGH, COMRADE

Raven117

So...should we be worried that Comey won't do his job?

I don't know what to make of his actions in all this.

I don't know. My impression of Comey is that he is a decent enough dude, trying to do the right thing (though there really is no right thing here), not playing politics well, and getting creamed for it.

I don't know. My impression of Comey is that he is a decent enough dude, trying to do the right thing (though there really is no right thing here), not playing politics well, and getting creamed for it.

I don't know. Holding a press conference to belittle Hillary while saying she is innocent seems completely strange. I mean the FBI doesn't hold presser to begin with in those situations.

Then you have the refusal of the FBI to be on the list of organizations saying Russia hacked the DNC and such last year, FBIs refusal to investigate Trump, the suspicious reactivation of the Twitter account that dumped all the FOIA requests for negative Clinton information and also a positive story about Trump's dad, AND the fucking letter to congress a week before the election. And then recently he says he doesn't comment on ongoing investigations WHEN he caim in like a wrecking ball last November to do just that.

The date when Obama expelled the Russian ambassadors. AFAIK this means Flynn contacted them before the expulsion, not after.
This means they spoke the same day as the expulsion notice, not the day before.

Edit: already answered above.

I'm assuming that Flynn's calls were made after the expulsion notice was made. Not sure we've been given exact time stamps though, so don't take that as fact. Just my assumption, given the reactionary investigation that is happening.

KHarvey16

So if they spoke on the day of the expulsion, they could've very well spoken after Obama announced the expulsion?

Best I can find is a time stamp on the page source of the press release announcing the expulsions that says about 9:17AM. No idea if that's right or not or if there's an easier way to see it. Also there's really no reason to assume he would only know after the release went out.

Could be completely unrelated but who knows. Might be hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

haha. the CNN breaking news recap.
They actually said the following:
Trump went on twitter to say Hillary Clinton should never have run for President, calling her quote "guilty as hell!"

The actually had to say 'guilty as hell'.

I recently heard a BBC news presenter having to read out Trump's 'only stupid people and fools' tweet from the other day in their most serious news voice. Trump is a complete embarrassment.

So if they spoke on the day of the expulsion, they could've very well spoken after Obama announced the expulsion?

I'm willing to bet money that the main reason Obama announced those expulsions was to bait the people that the NSA were monitoring into making calls to Russia.

I'm willing to bet money that the main reason Obama announced those expulsions was to bait the people that the NSA were monitoring into making calls to Russia.

Unless they said something incriminatory that was recorded, it's still just circumstantial evidence. Yes, everything indicates that Trump was in cahoots with Russia, but we still don't have a smoking gun.

Nafai1123

Banned

Would reaching out to Russian ambassadors after the expulsion be grounds for anything in and of itself, ignoring what was actually discussed? I saw someone on Twitter mentioning the Logan Act, but nobody's every been prosecuted for alleged violations of that act.

So with Trump camp's proven history of lying, we should just assume whatever Flynn says the call is for is also a lie.

Oh we already have proof that they lied about Flynn's calls:

1) Spicer claims that Flynn called on the 28th. When in fact he called on the 29th.

2) The Russian Ambassador is refusing to comment on the calls, which makes no sense unless they know the calls weren't simply harmless "merry Christmas" messages.

3) We already have reports coming in that the calls DID at least involve talks about Syria.

Unless they said something incriminatory that was recorded, it's still just circumstantial evidence. Yes, everything indicates that Trump was in cahoots with Russia, but we still don't have a smoking gun.
Would reaching out to Russian ambassadors after the expulsion be grounds for anything in and of itself, ignoring what was actually discussed? I saw someone on Twitter mentioning the Logan Act, but nobody's every been prosecuted for alleged violations of that act.

If there wasn't anything substantial in those calls, then Obama wouldn't have directed the NSA to give their intercepts to the rest of the intelligence community.

We already have word going around that at least part of the calls involved negotiations with Russia regarding Syria.

It's time we (as in people of the USA) trade all of our stars to other countries for draft picks and start over.

Oh we already have proof that they lied about Flynn's calls:

1) Spicer claims that Flynn called on the 28th. When in fact he called on the 29th.

2) The Russian Ambassador is refusing to comment on the calls, which makes no sense unless they know the calls weren't simply harmless "merry Christmas" messages.

3) We already have reports coming in that the calls DID at least involve talks about Syria.

If we are thinking about this from a geopolitical perspective, it would be better for Russia to appear to hide things even if they were completely innocent just to cause more unrest in our country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom